Dundee v Ross County 10/12/16

3 hours ago, humbleheart said:

And you will look just as ridiculous as all the other times you've called for his head
Tim does not deserve to be dropped on his last two performances but like most of us, I don't see the two of them during the week in training to comment.
Why the apostrophe's on "training"?

I don't think Spain looked ridiculous at all for saying McIntyre was on a very hot seat before the St Johnstone game, & I'm not sure 3 draws & 1 win in the last 4 games actually improves his position all that much. Is it an uptick in form? Certainly, because we were on an absolutely rotten run before that. 0 league wins in January. 1 in February. 1 in March, 1 in April, 1 in May, 2 in August, 0 in September, 0 in October, 1 in November. That's a bad year. It's worse than the 12 months before Derek Adams got the punt, and I'm not sure our performance in the League Cup this season is any less embarrassing than the defeat that Stranraer which was Adams last game in charge.

Like he says, we're not doing this on a tight budget. It's easy to lose sight of that, many of us have been following County since the Highland League days (my first games were during the final Highland League season) but we have the wage bill of a Premiership side, the league results in 2016 have not been good enough, and the last 4 months can hardly be dismissed as a League Cup hangover. But results are hardly the only complaint. Under Adams, when we did pish in the summer you had reasonable faith that come January, there'd be heavy turnover & we'd bring in some actual competent footballers, but the problem here is a lack of faith in McIntyre's eye for signings. Right now, most of them except Burke & Chow (who I was initially sceptical of but has definitely won me over) there are just a whole host of question marks. And then there's the talk of fallouts with reasonably important players like Cikos, waiting until the absolute last minute to address the glaringly obvious flaw in the team on the wing (& then ending up signing both Burke & Dow).

You might disagree and that's fine, but don't make out that the folk who are concerned about how we've done in the league are somehow over-reacting. We've had shockingly poor form in 2016.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

McEveley got his seventh yellow against Hearts.  One of the seven doesn't count because it resulted in a red, so the Hearts yellow was effectively the sixth.  The suspension for that will kick in 14 days after, so he'll miss the Aberdeen game.  By which time I guess Quinn should be ready.

I agree on Fraser's potential, I just worry about the lack of height in the team.

Ah, of course it was the 14 days aspect I was forgetting.

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Lacked quality, just about made up for it with determination.  He needs an extended run to get the quality back.  If he's going to play on the flank then I'd rather see him on the left and cut in to influence, which Jim lets Dow do, because neither Dow nor Dingwall have the pace to beat players on the outside.  Dingwall still had more impact in the game than Dow has at the club to this point, so I'd be happy enough with Dingwall playing if Burke is unavailable.

Cheers for that bb, I hadn't heard it mentioned elsewhere how Tony Dingwall got on.  I did hear a bit of the commentary from the Hearts match and I heard it said that it was his first start of the season, that's a shocking stat from his perspective. There's a decent creative player in there but he needs to play a lot more.

Probably the last team you'd want to play to get back to winning ways.

Sounds like we were very poor against Killie (wasn't at the game).  If we play well I think we'll take something from the game.  Would take a draw now, however I live in hope that we'll click in the final third and score a barrel-load!

3-2  (Wighton 2, McGowan)  with a nail-biting, nervy last 10 nap.

I'd say it's a game we cannot lose considering the fixtures we have coming up in the league after this. Off the top of my head, next four are Celtic(A), Hearts(H), Partick(A) and St Johnstone(H) in December then Aberdeen(A) the only game in January. Tough fixtures coming up but certainly games we can get points from.

Massive opportunity for ourselves and County to finally put a little bit of distance between ourselves and the bottom spot considering Partick Thistle's result last night. This means we'll no doubt muck it up.

Archived