Albion Rovers vs Celtic. Sunday 22nd January, 3pm kick off.

TheCelt67

1 hour ago, sam2304 said:

I'm no builder but I'd say the costs required to bring the far side stand up to scratch would be far greater than the monies listed above.

I would guess the boundary wall and the steps would be the main problem. As HJ has pointed out above you have brought in a fair chunk in the last few years. Even if they had fixed part of the far side it would have been a start. Used to get a good view from over there back in the day.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due to the demand to watch this game , rovers home games in the league attract  a couple of hundred fans , this game will attract thousands . Celtic have thousands of fans wanting to go to this game , The wee ground could not cope with the demand . simple  really .

Nonsense, for the game last year where we played you and we're expecting to win the league the tickets for the Dunfermline end could've numbered 2000,easily.

As it is it wasn't a problem.

Take the existing capacity of cliftonhill, half it.

Give the proceeds from those tickets to Rovers, give the other tickets and all proceeds to the other team.

From the proceeds Rovers have from the tickets make them pay the necessary stadium rental and security costs of Airdrie, see how long it then takes for them to get the finger out and move it back to cliftonhill, bunch of chancing cheating scumbags.

Cowdenbeath get a worse time than most for the state of their stadium but I don't remember them switching games against the old firm.

If a team isn't capable of hosting a team from the league at there own stadium they should be chucked from the leagues or told to permanently share with another team, simples.

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Nonsense, for the game last year where we played you and we're expecting to win the league the tickets for the Dunfermline end could've numbered 2000,easily.

As it is it wasn't a problem.

Take the existing capacity of cliftonhill, half it.

Give the proceeds from those tickets to Rovers, give the other tickets and all proceeds to the other team.

From the proceeds Rovers have from the tickets make them pay the necessary stadium rental and security costs of Airdrie, see how long it then takes for them to get the finger out and move it back to cliftonhill, bunch of chancing cheating scumbags.

Cowdenbeath get a worse time than most for the state of their stadium but I don't remember them switching games against the old firm.

If a team isn't capable of hosting a team from the league at there own stadium they should be chucked from the leagues or told to permanently share with another team, simples.

Great post, up until the "simples" bit.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Check the number of busy b*****ds on here

I know, right? Imagine posting about a Scottish football match on a forum for Scottish football.

Unless we're all supposed to stick exclusively to threads involving our own teams? Someone tell Div, so he can disband this place and we can all f**k off back to our own club's forums.

Entire Celtic allocation sold out after one day on sale to ST holders which is great for Albion Rovers financialy although, as one or two have alluded to on here it would be nice if they used the £££ to make neccesary ground improvements to Cliftonhill so they can play future fixtures like this there.

Entire Celtic allocation sold out after one day on sale to ST holders which is great for Albion Rovers financialy although, as one or two have alluded to on here it would be nice if they used the £££ to make neccesary ground improvements to Cliftonhill so they can play future fixtures like this there.

They won't.

we would need to play Celtic every week for a month to have enough cash to revamp Cliftonhill. 
Match SOLD OOT. 

Fine.

Spend it on "pay what you want" season tickets, charitable donations and maybe free pies this time.

Leave the spectator experience shit.

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Fine.

Spend it on "pay what you want" season tickets, charitable donations and maybe free pies this time.

Leave the spectator experience shit.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Would I be right in thinking since Airdrie dont own their ground, they rent it on matchdays that will make the square root of hee haw, instead any fee or % gate receipts will go to some mob probably based in England or wherever who.own the stadium?

Would I be right in thinking since Airdrie dont own their ground, they rent it on matchdays that will make the square root of hee haw, instead any fee or % gate receipts will go to some mob probably based in England or wherever who.own the stadium?

I believe this is the case

On 16 January 2017 at 16:30, Flybhoy said:

We're going to Carfin early on Sunday for a few shandies, how long should the journey from there to Airdrie's ground take r.e when our coach should leave for the match?

15 min normally but 30 given game.

there is a bar at ground 

Could the Rovers be the team to stop Rodgers treble??

might be wrong on this but aren't rovers unbeaten at Airdrie under current manager.

i know Airdrie haven't beat them but not quite so sure about when Queens Park hosted them. 

Archived