Bonnyrigg Rose at home vs Hibernian

thelegendthatis

The amount of people that are desperate to attend the game from Bonnyrigg town alone should be enough to see it moved regardless if they are not regulars the buzz it has given the town everyone's talking about loads of families looking to attend also heard near enough every member of the community club are looking to take all the kids that play for the Rose and at a guess that would be around 800+ kids and coaches/helpers.

Looking at crowd pics of the Dumbarton game at home they'd need to strip the capacity on the shed for starters ok more fans could have gathered behind the goals at the auld orchard side but once the police???? Decided the appropriate capacity we would be lucky with over 1000 IMO
turning a lot of people away from watching a once in a lifetime match for the club/town

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, wingnut said:

Fair play mate but it's all about health & safety,just back fae Bonnyrigg game and no further forward as to where the game will be played,hopefully sorted out middle of the week,we're all want Tynie but out of our hands.

If it's at tynecastle I'll take the game in

Cause u try to be funny and call them deid, and admit u changed the game to a better stadium than your own shite one to make more money, rangers when they were in the lower leagues gave clubs like yours extra cash that they dont get very often, so carry on wi your shit patter, east fife?? Lol aye arite

Newco Rangers still have thousands of glory hunting sectarian creatures following them, carried over from the old club. Nothing he said was a contradiction.

Hope Bonnyrigg move it, let's face it the whole town should be able to take this game in its huge for them. Not buying this whole home advantage stuff either, it's a football pitch with changing rooms, as far as I'm aware it's a decent pitch and fine changing rooms, what's the advantage??

Always get this kind of talk when a lower placed side draws a big club. Gayfield and the famous wind that actually only ever turns up once or twice a season and when it does we struggle just as much as the away team with it.

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Newco Rangers still have thousands of glory hunting sectarian creatures following them, carried over from the old club. Nothing he said was a contradiction.

Hope Bonnyrigg move it, let's face it the whole town should be able to take this game in its huge for them. Not buying this whole home advantage stuff either, it's a football pitch with changing rooms, as far as I'm aware it's a decent pitch and fine changing rooms, what's the advantage??

Always get this kind of talk when a lower placed side draws a big club. Gayfield and the famous wind that actually only ever turns up once or twice a season and when it does we struggle just as much as the away team with it.

Hahaha you seriously saying having games on your own patch is no advantage. Wow ave heard it all now.   Take hearts for example!!    There record in last ten years is 70% wins at home with 30% away.  Clearly there home games is advantage.  Beith have advantage for me as they know how to play the hill to there advantage!!!  It is of no coincidence that any teams percentage of wins come from there home record.   "Senior thickos"

Hahaha you seriously saying having games on your own patch is no advantage. Wow ave heard it all now.   Take hearts for example!!    There record in last ten years is 70% wins at home with 30% away.  Clearly there home games is advantage.  Beith have advantage for me as they know how to play the hill to there advantage!!!  It is of no coincidence that any teams percentage of wins come from there home record.   "Senior thickos"

That's not what I said. As far as I'm aware there's no dodgy pitch or the likes at Bonnyrigg like there is at Beith or no Albion Rovers'esque away changing rooms. There'll be plenty of teams in every sport who can't buy a win at home too by the way. I do think there's a slight advantage to teams at home mainly because the away team aren't in their usual comfort zone/routine and have to travel but unless there are exceptional circumstances like a Celtic home champions league crowd or things like I've previously mentioned I'm not sure how big an advantage it actually is. 22 guys on a football pitch after all with a ball.

Personally I'm no fussed either way about whether we are home or away on a Saturday I tend to just worry about how good or bad the players we have to play are.

Your seriously saying playing at home isn't an advantage? Have a word wi yersel, and stop talkin shite, and your point about rangers having supporters carried from an old club, it's the same supporters supporting the same club, it's all gettin very boring, grow up ffs

Your seriously saying playing at home isn't an advantage? Have a word wi yersel, and stop talkin shite, and your point about rangers having supporters carried from an old club, it's the same supporters supporting the same club, it's all gettin very boring, grow up ffs

I don't think you can read.

12 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Home advantage is hardly going to matter is this game, it'll be 4+ goals to Hibs so Bonnyrigg are best making as much money as they can. I know that sounds arrogant but it's the truth. 

Just call Bonnyrigg and tell them no to bother turning up ffs 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A must have imagined this then, never seen your second post when you backtracked 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

emoji848.png

Make your mind up.  Your not buying this home advantage stuff you said!!! Then quoted where is the advantage.   Ow your saying there a slight advantage haha. All over the shop. Am very positive that hibs would find playing at Bonnyrigg a tougher task than in big stadium like tynecastle that there very used to 

Make your mind up.  Your not buying this home advantage stuff you said!!! Then quoted where is the advantage.   Ow your saying there a slight advantage haha. All over the shop. Am very positive that hibs would find playing at Bonnyrigg a tougher task than in big stadium like tynecastle that there very used to 

I'm so confused but I think I understand what you are saying. In the post I mentioned it I explained my reasoning.

When it comes to this game I personally think they could play it anywhere and it would have the same outcome. Just like the Albion Rovers Celtic game.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm so confused but I think I understand what you are saying. In the post I mentioned it I explained my reasoning.

When it comes to this game I personally think they could play it anywhere and it would have the same outcome. Just like the Albion Rovers Celtic game.

See I don't agree there's where your confused mate.  I feel Bonnyrigg have a chance at an upset. Maybe it's the optimist in me.  Home game on your own patch why the hell not fancy yourself for a sneaky win. Fa cup for Instance has seen teams from bottom tier turn over championship teams. Why not think positive.anyway good chat 

Archived