Bonnyrigg Rose at home vs Hibernian

thelegendthatis

Capacity should not be the factor. Safety should be the only issue, not money. If Celtic play Rangers in the cup final should it be moved to the Nou Camp for extra revenue? Or should a Barca Vs Real Madrid cup final be played at the Rungrado May Day Stadium? 

Extreme examples but the point remains.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Capacity should not be the factor. Safety should be the only issue, not money. If Celtic play Rangers in the cup final should it be moved to the Nou Camp for extra revenue? Or should a Barca Vs Real Madrid cup final be played at the Rungrado May Day Stadium? 

Extreme examples but the point remains.

Nobody would want to move the games you're mentioning, but everyone involved is happy to move this one. 

Revenue is important in football, so is allowing as many paying punters as possible to see the game. If both clubs agree I don't really see what business anyone else has sticking their neb in. 

I'm against Albion rovers moving because they're a senior club in the leagues and they should have the stadium to play these kind of games if they come up. Bonnyrigg aren't and the fact that so many local people could miss out on seeing them play the Scottish cup holders who are local to them and all is a shite thought.

Move it, milk it, enjoy your day in the Sun I say.

Ideally they would have been better drawn away to Hibs as we were to Hearts, with the chance of a big payday.

They have already agreed in principle with Hearts to hold the game at Tynecastle, Ann Budge being very accommodating and helping them out

Bonnyrigg have a lot of boys clubs and it has been indicated that around 500 of the boys will be attending along with coaches , parents etc, and with a population now of nearly 20,000, they have the potential to take a much bigger crowd than we did to Tynecastle.

I hope they get their wish to give everybody who wants to go to this match the opportunity.

Fascinating arguments btw and I think this is unique - and whilst I think the tie should be held at bonnyrigg there is a compelling arguments for moving it to allow several thousand new bonnyrigg fans to attend. I was at auchinleck in 2012 and brockville in 1982. These are genuine once in a lifetime events and whilst I can understand the sfa wanting to have rules I think there is a compelling argument now for hosting elsewhere. Not tynecastle obviously because that's a shit hole [emoji106][emoji1169]

1 hour ago, Football crazy 09 said:

Are you seriously comparing Morton's fan base with Hibs? The place will be buzzin which should suit you but to not switch the tie would be to lose at least 25k.

When has hibs fan base been above 1200 this season on away days!! It's not been. So why all the fuss about giving them big venue.  if it's at tynecastle ill have money on it being about 10,000. Nothing suits me'!!  Am just of opinion if it was my club I'd want it at my home  ground. 

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Depending on other fixtures, I reckon there's potential for this game to attract quite a few neutral fans from the Juniors. What's the admission fee likely to be?

I reckon £15 and £10 going by hibs (home)  prices v lesser teams in recent seasons. 

When has hibs fan base been above 1200 this season on away days!! It's not been. So why all the fuss about giving them big venue.  if it's at tynecastle ill have money on it being about 10,000. Nothing suits me'!!  Am just of opinion if it was my club I'd want it at my home  ground. 

They just had a 3000 away gate 9 days ago at Tannadice ;)

4 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

How do these games go in England? If for example it's Salford v Man City  or Blyth Spartans v Newcastle would the games be played at the home venues or would they be switched to the nearest venue or to a bigger stadium? 

Blyth only a few seasons ago had Birmingham City in the cup at Croft Park which was bursting at the seams and 4500 capacity. 

Their great run of the 70s v Wrexham the tie was played at St. James Park in front of over 42000.

2 totally different eras and 2 totally different football associations. 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They just had a 3000 away gate 9 days ago at Tannadice ;)

What stand were they in??   The Jim McLean is away end at tannadice and holds a capacity 1400.  Being there was only 10.000 at that game I doubt hibs took. 3000 of that. Maybe am wrong but I was given the stats from a hibs lad that there average away support is 1200 

The Hibs fans were half way down the main stand as well. Tell me a game when Hibs have not taken more than 1200 fans to an away game in Edinburgh. Your 1200 is a non stat for this game.

Get it at Tynie and let as many people from the town see this that want to which would not be the case if held at NDP, your opinion has been noted but discounted by most connected to this fixture

9 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

8 minutes ago, Boomtown Boy said:

The Hibs fans were half way down the main stand as well. Tell me a game when Hibs have not taken more than 1200 fans to an away game in Edinburgh. Your 1200 is a non stat for this game.

Get it at Tynie and let as many people from the town see this that want to which would not be the case if held at NDP, your opinion has been noted but discounted by most connected to this fixture

Mate I wish Bonnyrigg well in whatever you endeavour for this fixture. Just my personal opinion that I'd rather have it at my home ground if it was my team. As much as I see the money side for your club I just think of how good it be for you to host a top Scottish senior club at your own patch.  The thing is if it's at tynecastle and my game is off I'll be taking this game in from the Bonnyrigg end I hope!! 

They do to be fair and considering Tynecastle wouldn't even be away as such and basically be a home game where they've been getting 14k Bonnyrigg could milk getting their fans in and neutrals and every single person that wanted to watch Bonnyrigg in by having it at Tynecastle

Tannadice, Dunfermline, Falkirk ............it would be every week if tickets were available.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Tannadice, Dunfermline, Falkirk ............it would be every week if tickets were available.

Fair enough mate. I can't actually find there attendances for all there away games. Just from my hibees supporter friend who said average is 1200.   I'd simply want it at valefield if it was kilbirnie. Can only dream 

Archived