Accies vs Rangers - Dec 16th

9 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

As for your fans, vile bigots.

The P&B Bears are the easiest-going, most accommodating posters on the board (well, apart from me, as I can be a thrawn c**t) who are open-minded to teams beating us and willing to give praise where it's due.

Absolutely none of us are 'vile bigots'.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Being cited as a bigot apologist is the least of my epithets on here, chap.  Our fans follow follow with great alacrity and in large numbers.  The only folk who object to this hate football.

:lol: Oh my! If you think your fans were 'magnificent' for singing sectarian songs, you obviously don't condone sectarianism. As I said, each to their own.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The P&B Bears are the easiest-going, most accommodating posters on the board (well, apart from me, as I can be a thrawn c**t) who are open-minded to teams beating us and willing to give praise where it's due.

Absolutely none of us are 'vile bigots'.

I've not once called any poster on here a vile bigot and I realise that not all Rangers fans are vile bigots but it's undeniable there were bigoted songs  being sung at the game. 

If Accies went to Ibrox and won 2-1 but sang all the way through about the Ibrox disaster would it be ok to just not talk about it as it's clearly jealousy? If we gubbed you tonight (aye haha) I'd still have been disgusted by the behaviour of your fans and mentioned it. It will never change and it's the same with the other arsecheek doesn't mean that we have to put up with it and ignore it. Always the same with Rangers and Celtic, any criticism and you close ranks.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Kinky's one of the good Rangers supporters as well :lol: What does that say about the rest of them (excluding Knightswood Bear, 54 and counting and Calum_Gers)?

I've drank with Knightswood a couple of times and a nicer man you could not meet. I also know a lot of Rangers fans that aren't bigoted c***s. Doesn't mean their fans as a whole are not open to criticism. We all heard it tonight and although it will never change, it can't just be accepted as the norm.

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Kinky's one of the good Rangers supporters as well :lol: What does that say about the rest of them (excluding Knightswood Bear, 54 and counting and Calum_Gers)?

Add Bennett, Tedi, Rab, Dorlomin and Boab in to the mix.  There are maybe a dozen Rangers fans who post regularly on here.  None of them are 'vile bigots'.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I'd add Bearwithme to that list too. He comes across as one of the more sensible behrz on here too.

I've drank with Knightswood a couple of times and a nicer man you could not meet. I also know a lot of Rangers fans that aren't bigoted c***s. Doesn't mean their fans as a whole are not open to criticism. We all heard it tonight and although it will never change, it can't just be accepted as the norm.

Of course, mate. They were an embarrassment to their club tonight. Obviously there are Accies fans who are as well, but the OF fans who slag our home support (with Burnbank Loyal flags and we're kicking about Hamilton tonight) are just fucking reprobates.

Add Bennett, Tedi, Rab, Dorlomin and Boab in to the mix.  There are maybe a dozen Rangers fans who post regularly on here.  None of them are 'vile bigots'.

Bennett :lol: Pulling folk up for bad grammar is the only reason you remain on my good side, Kincardine ;)

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Of course, mate. They were an embarrassment to their club tonight. Obviously there are Accies fans who are as well, but the OF fans who slag our home support (with Burnbank Loyal flags and we're kicking about Hamilton tonight) are just fucking reprobates.

I worked in Burnbank after I left school in 1977.  Why does this get under your skin?

I worked in Burnbank after I left school in 1977.  Why does this get under your skin?

To reply to both of your posts:
1) It annoys me because they slag us for a shite home support, but they're the ones that make it shite - an inferiority complex that makes them just have to go with whatever their pals/family say. I was the only Accies fan in my 6 years of school, and I converted my dad. It doesn't take much!
2) Fucking auto-correct!

12 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It annoys me because they slag us for a shite home support

11 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Singing 'what a shitey home support' while waving a 'Burmbank loyal' flag. 

It's always been a 'special interest group' who supported Accies.  I mentioned that I worked in Burnbank/Whistleberry Road when I left school in 1977 and I can't recall a single Accies fan.  Obviously a few of 'us' and a fair number of 'them'....also, too. a few Motherwell fans.  Absolutely none who followed your team, though.

I'll edit this.  I'm from Lanarkshire and I'd follow follow Airdrie then Motherwell if forced to.

It's always been a 'special interest group' who supported Accies.  I mentioned that I worked in Burnbank/Whistleberry Road when I left school in 1977 and I can't recall a single Accies fan.  Obviously a few of 'us' and a fair number of 'them'....also, too. a few Motherwell fans.  Absolutely none who followed your team, though.

It's mental, though, isn't it? Their most local team, but they'd rather pretend they support another team by watching their scores come in on a TV screen.
When I lived abroad, I had that with Everton, but that was only because my dad had just stopped going all over England with them. Some "fans" spend their whole lives watching their team on the TV. I just can't comprehend it.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Our support will never change that much. No matter what league we're in or how well we're doing. I've followed Accies in every league but the numbers don't change that much and are always low. I thought I was getting old but I was born in 1977. ;) Where did you work out of curiosity?

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Some "fans" spend their whole lives watching their team on the TV. I just can't comprehend it.

That's really tricky.  I seldom missed a game at Ibrox from ages 11 to 21 when I went to London for Uni.  I then spent hunners of pounds a month commuting to and from games in the 90s from down here.  I can well understand The Telly Loyal.

5 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Our support will never change that much. No matter what league we're in or how well we're doing. I've followed Accies in every league but the numbers don't change that much and are always low. I thought I was getting old but I was born in 1977. ;)Where did you work out of curiosity?

I left Dalziel in Motherwell in 1977 and worked for Ireland Alloys in Whisteberry Road for 4 years and we'd go for a pint in Burnbank on a Thursday when we got our pay packet...in the days you got paid in notes and coins ;)

I also did day release in Bell College for 4 years. Again, not many Accies fans there but I swallow-swallowed a few pints in The Bay Horse.  is it still on the go?

That's really tricky.  I seldom missed a game at Ibrox from ages 11 to 21 when I went to London for Uni.  I then spent hunners of pounds a month commuting to and from games in the 90s from down here.  I can well understand The Telly Loyal.

Sounds similar. I went, and I'm still going, everywhere in Scotland supporting Accies, but the day will come that I won't be able to go as often as I am now. Since I began going far away without my dad, I've spent a ridiculous amount on the team. However, I've had memories alongside my best pals that I'd never have with any other team. That's why we still do it. I can honestly say that no OF fan could understand the days we've had in my time supporting Accies.

I left Dalziel in Motherwell in 1977 and worked for Ireland Alloys in Whisteberry Road for 4 years and we'd go for a pint in Burnbank on a Thursday when we got our pay packet...in the days you got paid in notes and coins [emoji6]
I also did day release in Bell College for 4 years. Again, not many Accies fans there but I swallow-swallowed a few pints in The Bay Horse.  is it still on the go?

Bay Horse is doing as well as it's ever done. Their link with 'Spice' does wonders.

Archived