Accies vs Rangers - Dec 16th

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Of our tough four game run this is the one we have most chance of taking something from. I hope we really have a go at this lot. 

You're probably right (although you may be basing your opinion of the Dons on previous seasons. I don't know as I didn't watch the Premiership but the general consensus of their own fans is that the McInnes era has peaked and is on the decline).

I'd prefer it if Hamilton try to take the game to Rangers as well because if they open up we'll create more chances. I'm guessing 2-1 Rangers. Hopefully the much needed confidence boost from two easy wins in what was supposed to be difficult games will stand us in good stead.

23 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I don't know as I didn't watch the Premiership but the general consensus of their own fans is that the McInnes era has peaked and is on the decline).

Nope

You're probably right (although you may be basing your opinion of the Dons on previous seasons. I don't know as I didn't watch the Premiership but the general consensus of their own fans is that the McInnes era has peaked and is on the decline).
I'd prefer it if Hamilton try to take the game to Rangers as well because if they open up we'll create more chances. I'm guessing 2-1 Rangers. Hopefully the much needed confidence boost from two easy wins in what was supposed to be difficult games will stand us in good stead.

Please be specific as to what the 'general consensus' means please

Of our tough four game run this is the one we have most chance of taking something from. I hope we really have a go at this lot. 3-1 Accies Crawford hat trick to add another £1m to his price for the January sales!

Taking his total to £1m.

13 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Please be specific as to what the 'general consensus' means please

By it's very nature it's not that specific. :)

There's a definite difference in, shall we say, confidence, nowadays than the halcyon days of them "challenging" for the league.

3 minutes ago, thepundit said:

By it's very nature it's not that specific. :)

There's a definite difference in, shall we say, confidence, nowadays than the halcyon days of them "challenging" for the league.

You basing this on anything or are you just going to keep spitting out meaningless conjecture?

2 hours ago, Bearwithme said:

Rangers have found a wee bit of good form at last but I expect this to be a tough game. I wouldn't anticipate too many changes to the Gers line-up. Hill is available again after suspension - should he come straight back in?

Wilson and kiernan together always gives me the fear, yes.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Worth noting we've never lost a competitive game to The Rangers so not outwith the realms of possibility.

Accies are a hardworking side.  Not many standout players but will be up for this one and nobody likes Darrian McKinnon snapping at their heels in midfield. 

Ali Crawford on a run of form too and he has that bit of quality that can bring a goal or two out of nothing or a set piece scenario.

Also Rangers haven't won a game played on an artificial surface in their entire SPFL Premiership history.

58 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah, we really struggled when it was on a grass pitch at Ibrox...

Not sure what relevance your team playing well on a real football pitch has in regards to Rangers having to play on an artificial pitch.

They should be playing well.

That said, if Rangers drop points the quality of the playing surface should be bottom of the list of excuses.

13 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

Both played well on Saturday. My guess is they'll stay in the team. A bit unfortunate for Hill but there you go.

I think Hill will go back into the team. He got off to a slow start but he's probably been our best centre back this season. However, I think the plan was he'd be our Davie Weir but he doesn't have positional sense to ensure lack of speed isn't an issue or the same leadership qualities. Still, he's done okay.

I think Tavernier will most likely revert to right back for this one also.

Archived