Raith v Dundee United

1 minute ago, Paco said:

I was really surprised at McKinnon getting himself sent off for moaning about Toshney's red card. As soon as the ref blows for that foul, it's a yellow card all day long. Truly idiotic when on a yellow. I think anyone involved with the Rovers last season would tell you Benedictus and Toshney are great centre backs at this level, but a gormless pair. With Bene's red card against Ayr and Toshney's today, hard to argue. A very pleasing couple of minutes, but sadly it was all downhill from there.

Some encouraging signs but we just can't score goals. A small part of it is down to luck (M'Voto & Callachan winning close-range headers that landed in the keepers arms, Skacel hitting the bar) but for the most part there's little composure or thought in th final third, and when the wingers do get in behind McManus is just nowhere to be seen. Vaughan nearly got on the end of a couple of late crosses with runs into the six-yard box that McManus just never makes. 

Great save from Cuthbert, don't remember him saving a penalty for us.

Unless we make a couple of decent signings in January and clear out the dead wood, I really can't see us finishing in the top 4. Hope to be wrong. 

It wasn't McKinnon.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed we didn't win that. I felt that we created the best chances of the game, and other than the penalty Dundee United only rarely troubled us in front of goal. Callachan and Johnstone were fantastic today, with the former in particular doing well at taking the ball and driving forward. Bobby Barr also gives us a huge threat going forward. A positive performance from which we probably deserved more. 

Mcmanus isn't a striker. I like him because he works his arse off but he isn't going to get you many goals at this level. Iv said it before but hardie has to be lockes number 1 target. He would thrive on the balls that were put in to the box today.

William and Durnan are the greatest back two to have ever played in this league.

ill tak that. Actually played better without that absolute fud Toshney

[emoji23][emoji23] Hardly the best Back two ever..

Toshney was a stick-on for a Red after his late challenge on Bene.

I believe that M'Voto and Bene are a better back duo anyway. Keeping clean sheets for fun nowadays. Nobody wins a single header against they 2.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png Hardly the best Back two ever..

I believe that M'Voto and Bene are a better back duo anyway. Keeping clean sheets for fun nowadays. Nobody wins a single header against they 2.

Brian Graham up at Dingwall is the only player to have really troubled Jean-Yves this season, now who do we play next week?

Look at their goals conceded together. INCREDIBLE 

Forgot you've sat and watched their performances every week...

My point is most teams will be saying the same after they keep a few clean sheets in a row. All it takes is you to lose 5-0 with both players having howlers next week and your opinion will probably be different. Football fans are fickle that way.

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Forgot you've sat and watched their performances every week...

My point is most teams will be saying the same after they keep a few clean sheets in a row. All it takes is you to lose 5-0 with both players having howlers next week and your opinion will probably be different. Football fans are fickle that way.

A few?! Conceded about three in thirteen MATE

A few?! Conceded about three in thirteen MATE

You've kept 7 clean sheets in the league this season and the back 2 haven't played all those games either. So at least 2 of those clean sheets were without those 2 playing MATE.

Edit to add, we have kept exactly the same amount of clean sheets with a game less..

It was kind of similar to the Hibs game, in that we performed reasonably well against 11 men, but toiled against 10.

That said, McKinnon should probably take credit for how he approached the numerical disadvantage.

He was always pretty bold with his substitutions when he was with us, and not too many managers would go two up front when down to ten.

Aye, we maybe could have countered it more effectively, but I definitely think it caught us on the hop.

Result wise it was all pretty hum-drum, but performance wise, I thought it was a bit more positive than the last few weeks, and probably a point more than I thought we'd take from it.

We dumped Hibs out of the Scottish Cup the last time we found it impossible to score, so I'm thoroughly looking forward to our 3-2 win next week.

[emoji23][emoji23] Hardly the best Back two ever..

9 clean sheets out of 11, I'll take that

All things considered a point today was OK particularly in light of the Morton v Hibs result.

I hope McKinnon is one of those managers who is prepared to admit when he's wrong because Toshney has turned out to be a poor signing and Obadeyi is a terrible football player; they should be punted at the first opportunity.  We looked far more dangerous with Murray leading the attack with 10 men than we had with Tope and 11 men on the park.

I assumed Fraser would come off for Murray but it was a really clever substitution taking off Telfer because the three attacking midfielders were more productive once the change was made.

Murray must start against St Mirren and I hope VdS is back soon.

One sad note is how awful Dillon was when he came on; I like the guy but he shouldn't even be on the bench.

Archived