Smoking

Cosmic Joe

guy at work was 40 a day a few years ago, was costing him around £5000 a year. I was always amazed how smokers could find money for their fags. the other thing that always amazed me about smokers is how they would fool themselves to excuse their smoking like "auld Jeanie round the corner smoked 60 a day and lived till she was 85 while ian was fit as a fiddle, never smoke or drank but dropped down deid while jogging, he was only 28..." smoke all you want then, that'll show them doctors!! or as you see on this thread, smokers telling themselves (a few ex smokers still saying this as well) that smoking looks or is cool....it really  isn't, not by a long way and that's not even going into the smell or taste it leaves.

it's the 1 thing I'm glad I never started, as I've seen mates who have tried and tried to give up but it's an incredibly addictive habit.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Col. John Hannibal Smith said:

Smoking is a great habit. 40 ciggies a day keeps the doctor away. Can't beat an after dinner cigar. Also can't stand c***s that smoke outside. Knew a twat that wouldn't let c***s smoke in his house, so when he came round to mine, when he wanted a beer he was chucked out onto the street while the rest of us smoked inside. Right daft b*****ds they anti smokers. Where's the ashtray and the packet of Bensons. 

f**k off, Donny.

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:15, ICTJohnboy said:

I had an uncle and aunt who could get through 60 a day, each.

They're both dead now, oddly enough.

Are you my cousin? Uncle Jimmy and Auntie Jenny got through about that each, every day - Senior Service, they smoked. Can you still get Senior Service?

I started smoking when I was 10 years old.

We used tae collect dog-ends off the street and they would fit perfectly intae a wee plastic toy pipe.

I progressed tae a forty a day for years and years.

I always tried tae stop but the wife smoked and my workmates smoked so I always gave up.

Sunday 30th December, 2012 (I'm divorced & retired) at 11pm I had my last smoke of the day.

I had been drinking and when I got up on Hogmanay morning I was hung over.

My usual cup of coffee and I picked up my cigs but decided no tae have one.

Since then I've been cauld turkey and never smoked again.

I'm short of breath but at least I'm still here.

Mind you since I stopped I'm now a wee fat b*****d.

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 17:02, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Sorry to hear that mate, my mum has the same illness and my grandmother died from it. mum is a heavy smoker and her lung capacity is like 53% down from 77 in less than a year, now she has been told the end result and it's still not stopping her.

She's a better capacity than I have, mine is 47%, I was told if I was still smoking (I stopped 6 years ago) it would be down to 20%

Had a right laugh at Hampden a year or two back when some daft old b*****d steward at the outside pie stall said you cannae smoke at the entrance. Then said he'd had 5 heart attacks and did I want him to have another. The answer to that one was aye. That's it mate you'll have a heart attack because somebody smoked a fag at an entrance. Says a lot about a c**t when they work as a steward after 5 heart attacks at Pensioner age. Too many of these thick anti smokers cutting about these days. 

What a story, Hannibal.

8a3ee01a722ec269085c8daaa9cc7965.jpg

2 minutes ago, Col. John Hannibal Smith said:

Had a right laugh at Hampden a year or two back when some daft old b*****d steward at the outside pie stall said you cannae smoke at the entrance. Then said he'd had 5 heart attacks and did I want him to have another. The answer to that one was aye. That's it mate you'll have a heart attack because somebody smoked a fag at an entrance. Says a lot about a c**t when they work as a steward after 5 heart attacks at Pensioner age. Too many of these thick anti smokers cutting about these days. 

Almost as bad as the born again christians :lol:

So you smoked in a public place, got told not to so tried to kill an old boy?

Day number 13 off them, it is absolutely insane how much money I've saved. Monday-Friday I've found I don't actually spend a penny if I do my shopping and get the fuel in the car on a Sunday.

Don't particularly miss them, been puffing on the e-cigarette if I'm craving but try not to make a habit of it as I feel like a bit of a knob doing it (yes, as much as I did smoking real cigarettes).

4 minutes ago, BuddieInDundee said:

Day number 13 off them, it is absolutely insane how much money I've saved. Monday-Friday I've found I don't actually spend a penny if I do my shopping and get the fuel in the car on a Sunday.

Don't particularly miss them, been puffing on the e-cigarette if I'm craving but try not to make a habit of it as I feel like a bit of a knob doing it (yes, as much as I did smoking real cigarettes).

Well done and keep it up.

I used tae spend just under £200 a month on cigs.

I spent mair on cigs than I did on food.

Coffee and a cig was a perfect meal.

Now I'm a wee fat b*****d thanks tae no smoking.