Old Firm Colts in L2

Am I right in saying the below clubs are all fan owned (moving towards fan ownership, majority fan owned) with only eight votes needed to stop this nonsense and overwhelming rejection from all clubs outside OF this should go someway towards a no vote?

Personally my St Mirren buyout membership will be cancelled instantly if they don't go with the will of their supporters. Followed by my season ticket. 

On that note maybe the reason they're wanting to push this through urgently is the likeliness of either Dundee United or St Mirren being in the SP next season and able to vote with Motherwell to stop this? 

SP (two votes to reject) 

• Hearts (may actually be for it for their own colts) 
  • Motherwell 

Championship - L2 (eight votes to reject) 

• Clyde
  • Dundee United
  • Dunfermline
  • Stirling Albion
  • St Mirren 

It's not only fan owned clubs that can be impacted in a big way, as we seen when Rangers died. Clubs were pressured into doing something they didn't necessarily want to do in that instance. And there's enough clubs not directly impacted by this to ensure that there's a very good chance that this won't go through. It's up to the fans to pressure their clubs to make the right move.

30 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Might be helpful if someone could draft an email which we could all send to the SFA and our clubs. this way it would be consistant in its content. Any takers?

Pesonally after supporting my club for 50 years if they vote for it I will not be back.

I'm in exactly the same boat. I have never contacted the club directly before but I will over this.

It's not that , as things stand we would be playing them but the whole competition would be so tainted that I would want no part of it.

51 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

Might be helpful if someone could draft an email which we could all send to the SFA and our clubs. this way it would be consistant in its content. Any takers?

Pesonally after supporting my club for 50 years if they vote for it I will not be back.

I seem to recall a Pars fan, possibly @Poet of the Macabre sending his club a baller of an email last summer. 

Can i ask, largely because I dont have time to read 1000 posts, how do they propose relegation would work in SFPL 2? Would the colt teams be relegated into the LL? Say 3 colt teams finish in the bottom three and Clyde finish 4th bottom, its in no way fair to say to them they have to go down etc. The only fair way to do this would be start a WOSL with the likes of Colt teams, Glasgow Uni, Girvan, Clydebank and Others, give a direct entry for EOSL and WOSL/SOSL clubs into the lowland league say 2 relegation spots and 2 promotion spots (1 direct 1 play off) from spfl2. This is the only way the proposal would be even slightly acceptable to me.

Stenhousemuir statement on the matter

"The Club is aware of the current media speculation regarding the introduction of SPFL Premiership Colt Teams into the professional league set-up.

At present, there is no formal proposal from the SPFL for clubs to consider.

What has happened, is that a proposal for a pilot project has been put forward by Rangers and Celtic football clubs.  This is being discussed at league level by the SPFL Competitions Working Group.  If it is thought there is merit in looking at the proposals in further detail, it would be put to consideration and vote by all 42 clubs within the SPFL.

Representatives of Rangers and Celtic are currently meeting with clubs in League 2 to present details of their pilot proposals.  A number of Directors at Stenhousemuir met with a representative from Rangers and received the presentation.

No formal discussions have taken place within the club on the proposals as yet.

In order to take this forward, the club will be working with the SFC Supporters Trust to ensure that the views of fans can be put forward and taken into account prior to the Board formulating the club's view.

There will no doubt be arguments both for and against any proposals to enter colt teams in the SPFL setup.  It is important to hear both sides of the argument, and make an informed decision that is the right thing for Stenhousemuir Football Club, the League, and the future development of Scottish football."

-ENDS-

5 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Biggest load of shite ever and will kill the lower leagues with zero benefit to either the national team or celtic/rangers (in my opinion)

Surely to god there will be enough opposition to at least get the necessary 8 clubs to vote against

Hope so mate. Stirling Albion as far as I can tell are only confirmed good guys so far with Stenhousemuir saying they'll consult fans before any decision is made. Assuming the Stenny fans will mirror the views on here can only assume that'll be another no. Hopefully we get eight confirmed no votes before long and the people pushing this idea can royally F off! 

Hope so mate. Stirling Albion as far as I can tell are only confirmed good guys so far with Stenhousemuir saying they'll consult fans before any decision is made. Assuming the Stenny fans will mirror the views on here can only assume that'll be another no. Hopefully we get eight confirmed no votes before long and the people pushing this idea can royally F off! 

Just gotta hope the clubs see the threat of losing active fans as more damaging than saying no to a paltry bribe

4 minutes ago, Gunz said:

Stenhousemuir statement on the matter

"The Club is aware of the current media speculation regarding the introduction of SPFL Premiership Colt Teams into the professional league set-up.

At present, there is no formal proposal from the SPFL for clubs to consider.

What has happened, is that a proposal for a pilot project has been put forward by Rangers and Celtic football clubs.  This is being discussed at league level by the SPFL Competitions Working Group.  If it is thought there is merit in looking at the proposals in further detail, it would be put to consideration and vote by all 42 clubs within the SPFL.

Representatives of Rangers and Celtic are currently meeting with clubs in League 2 to present details of their pilot proposals.  A number of Directors at Stenhousemuir met with a representative from Rangers and received the presentation.

No formal discussions have taken place within the club on the proposals as yet.

In order to take this forward, the club will be working with the SFC Supporters Trust to ensure that the views of fans can be put forward and taken into account prior to the Board formulating the club's view.

There will no doubt be arguments both for and against any proposals to enter colt teams in the SPFL setup.  It is important to hear both sides of the argument, and make an informed decision that is the right thing for Stenhousemuir Football Club, the League, and the future development of Scottish football."

-ENDS-

Are you or anyone else close enough to this mate to read between the lines or estimate how the SFC Supporters Trust will convey the fans views and how they'd likely vote? 

Hopefully see a few other clubs follow the lead

4 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Are you or anyone else close enough to this mate to read between the lines or estimate how the SFC Supporters Trust will convey the fans views and how they'd likely vote? 

Hopefully see a few other clubs follow the lead

I think they would vote against it but it’s based off nothing more than I’ve not spoke to a Stenny fan who is in favour of the idea.

Just now, haufdaft said:

Where are all the Celtic supporters who cried "sporting integrity" when Rangers were placed in League Two?
I don't see any similar complaints from them when their Colts get the same beneficial advantage.

I don't think I've seen a Celtic fan for this idea yet... But in all honesty I've not seen many that care.