55 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Here's three squads from 72-73 season.

Morton

Morton 72-73.jpg

Ayr United

Ayr 72-73.jpg

Dumbarton

Dumbarton 72-73.jpg

Nice to see a couple of the more fashion conscious Morton players rocking the white Hummel boots look. The Sons photo was taken before our League Cup sectional tie at Tynecastle. Highlights were shown on the BBC, but they haven't reached You Tube.

Always liked this one.

Wednesday 26th April 1978 and the penultimate game of the season in the 1st Division has just finished with a 3-1 home win over Airdrie. This means that Morton could finish no lower than 2nd and had earned promotion to the top 10 (Premier Division) for the first time. Kit man Willie Gray is seen celebrating at full time, standing on the dug-out wall. Behind him is the directors box.

Willie Gray celebrates promotion small.jpg

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Kenny Jenkins is next to Ronnie Kidd and Kenny Wilson is next to Kenny Jenkins. It was Wilson who went to Carlisle.

I can remember Kenny Wilson signing for Carlisle who were in Division 2 (i.e. 2nd highest league) at the time. He was signed to replace Stan Bowles who had been sold to QPR. Wilson was dreadful for Carlisle  which given his scoring record at Dumbarton was a surprise in many ways.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I can remember Kenny Wilson signing for Carlisle who were in Division 2 (i.e. 2nd highest league) at the time. He was signed to replace Stan Bowles who had been sold to QPR. Wilson was dreadful for Carlisle  which given his scoring record at Dumbarton was a surprise in many ways.

I did a blog post about him and the Carlisle move a few years ago clicky.

Kenny was never a Stan Bowles but for us he was deadly in the 18 yard box.

He went from Carlisle to York City and from there to Workington Town. I think he ended his career in the juniors.

3 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

He went from Carlisle to York City and from there to Workington Town. I think he ended his career in the juniors.

Great article. I love the Carlisle fans describing Wilson as being "fookin roobish" :lol:

Thanks for posting the link.

This is a photo from our 1969 Scottish Cup semi-final. The opposition is Celtic - Gerry Sweeney tackling John Hughes.

1969.3.22 Morton v Celtic small 4.jpg

The un-Morton looking kit was worn purely to annoy Celtic. When we played Rangers that season we were sent out in lime green shirts. Hal Stewart was the original troller.

18 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

According to wiki (so possibly not true) his last senior club was Hamilton.

fookin roobish

On 22/12/2016 at 15:08, Kilbowie's Finest said:

That's a fantastic picture mate thanks very much for sharing emoji106.png

Kilbowie will always have a special place in my heart. Watched Falkirk grind out a 1-1 draw there to win the league. The Bankies had a storming team back then with Davie Cooper and John Henry. The Clydebank fans applauded Falkirk winning the league and didn't give a f**k about a pitch invasion from Falkirk fans.

20161224_125506.thumb.jpg.8db3c95c73adf720161224_125517.thumb.jpg.8578db4eb5758520161224_125527.thumb.jpg.0b2c3d2d0da4b420161224_125553.thumb.jpg.f9ec60aa1f80ce

Never published these before anywhere and many will never have seen thus view of Falkirk clinching promotion at kilbowie finished 1-1. I was in the home end with hundreds of others as the away end was sold out. Great views of the scenes here including warm up our goal pitch invasion and me with yogi Hughes on the pitch

20161224_125506.jpg20161224_125517.jpg20161224_125527.jpg20161224_125553.jpg

Never published these before anywhere and many will never have seen thus view of Falkirk clinching promotion at kilbowie finished 1-1. I was in the home end with hundreds of others as the away end was sold out. Great views of the scenes here including warm up our goal pitch invasion and me with yogi Hughes on the pitch

Sorry date was 14th may 1994

Aye this!! Used to go to the Graeme Hotel before the game with my dad, uncle and grandpa. They would have a few pints and always leave at about 2:55 with me itching to get there thinking I was going to miss something. My dad would lift me over the turnstile with the blessing of the 'ticket collecter' then it was a pish against wall once in the ground, lined up with guys who have broke the seal. My dad and that would stand at the top of the cooperage lane terrace behind the goals and I would be allowed to stand down at the corner spot of that stand against the advertising boards but report back to them at half time. Probably a load of tl;dr here, but those memories as a boy were fantastic.

My childhood memories at Brockville were just that. Word for word.

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

20161224_131917.jpg20161224_131945.jpg20161224_132028.jpg20161224_132427.jpg20161224_132513.jpg

These pictures were all taken in 2003. Brockvilles last season and the new Falkirk stadium main stand.

It's a pity you guys couldn't have taken that covered terrace for opposite the main stand at TFS really.