Who the heck is that

stenny-19-11-09.jpg

The number #2 here was a player I quite liked

image.jpg1_.106175-620x372.jpg

Not in our kit, but did play a telling role in our last game against Ayr at Somerset. Also (I believe) a relative of another ex-Son.

3695555.jpg

More goals against us than for us

79.jpg

One very important goal

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

3695555.jpg

This is yung Gary Smith.

Stenhousemuir had him on loan from Motherwell over the second half of the 2011/12 season. I'm sure his only goal for the Warriors came in a 2-1 home loss to Dumbarton. Stenhousemuir had had two players sent off (John Beaton was the referee) and were trailing by two goals when Smith fired home a cracking strike from 20 yards to breath some life back into the match.

I'm sure he picked up a bad injury and disappeared into the junior vortex.

25 minutes ago, houston_bud said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Bobby Dunn,

Mark Dempster,

Stephan Bahoken,

Ryan McCay (I think),

and I don't know the last one. edited to include: Scott McLean?

Well done bud. McLean was a tough one, was even harder finding a picture of him in a Saints top, Kenny McLean kept showing up on google!

14 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'm sure this is Peter Bradley - I saw him a couple of times during his Queen's Park days.

This is a tremendous thread (even if I don't recognise anyone on here).

Well done FF. I kind of cheated with that one because I don't think he made a first team appearance for us. He was signed in Danny Lennon's first season during the infamous 'Summer of Cowdenbeath'. Darren McGregor has done well for himself to be fair to DL.

8 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

stenny-19-11-09.jpg

The number #2 here was a player I quite liked

image.jpg1_.106175-620x372.jpg

Not in our kit, but did play a telling role in our last game against Ayr at Somerset. Also (I believe) a relative of another ex-Son.

3695555.jpg

79.jpg

One very important goal

Ross Campbell in The Jags shirt

Well done FF. I kind of cheated with that one because I don't think he made a first team appearance for us. He was signed in Danny Lennon's first season during the infamous 'Summer of Cowdenbeath'. Darren McGregor has done well for himself to be fair to DL.

The Thistle top gave it away. I was racking my brains over players from that era who had played for both them and us.

32 minutes ago, houston_bud said:
  Hide contents

Bobby Dunn,

Mark Dempster,

Stephan Bahoken,

Ryan McCay (I think),

and I don't know the last one. edited to include: Scott McLean?

Number 5 is correct.

Just now, houston_bud said:

The Thistle top gave it away. I was racking my brains over players from that era who had played for both them and us.

I think him and Dunn may have signed for us around about the same time?

Shame about Mark Dempsie, he looked a decent player when he was fit.

7 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

This is yung Gary Smith.

Stenhousemuir had him on loan from Motherwell over the second half of the 2011/12 season. I'm sure his only goal for the Warriors came in a 2-1 home loss to Dumbarton. Stenhousemuir had had two players sent off (John Beaton was the referee) and were trailing by two goals when Smith fired home a cracking strike from 20 yards to breath some life back into the match.

I'm sure he picked up a bad injury and disappeared into the junior vortex.

It is indeed, and you are correct in saying that he scored a beauty as we made very hard work of beating 9 men. If I'm remembering correctly Kevin McKinlay was sent off for a second yellow after slamming the ball down right on the byline infront of the terracing. After he was dismissed so too was David Irons who had to walk past a baying terrace of Sons fans. Someone else (Ross McMillan possibly) was sent off very early on after bringing down Pat Walker as he went in on goal.

All that in the first half. I used to have the picture of Alan Lithgow celebrating with the fans in that game as the wallpaper on my Blackberry.

4 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Ross Campbell in The Jags shirt

Nope

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

His name is Lindsay, can't remember his first name. My guesses for your others are Fergus Tiernan and Marc McCusker.

Correct. His first name sounds like 'Jamie' (who I think he's a relative of based on a Twitter chat they had yonks back) too. McCusker is correct. 1 start 1 goal against Airdrie in the great escape season. 

Fergus Tiernan smh. Nope.

Just now, Silverton End said:

Johnathan Lindsay? The resemblance to Master Jamie is now apparent

Correct. In stalking his Twitter I also found he retweeted a picture of a P&B regular handing Jamie his MOTM whiskey. 

So there you go. The man who conceded the 'ghost penalty' at Somerset in January 2011.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Nope. Though I did like him for some odd reason. Think he was the last Dumbarton player to register 4 assists in 1 game though - which is a nice stat.

f**k off :lol: Genuinely thought I'd sussed it with Gray.

The only other player I can think of from that squad is Paul McLeod, but I don't think it's him.

Just now, The Moonster said:

f**k off :lol: Genuinely thought I'd sussed it with Gray.

The only other player I can think of from that squad is Paul McLeod, but I don't think it's him.

:lol: Nope. Paul Mcleod was 2008-09 as well, that's 2009-10 - it's the glorious Surridge 3rd kit which we didn't (I think I'm correct in saying) wear at any point in 08/09!

Archived