Dash cams - sensible or for arseholes?

Gaz FFC

Do you think the insurance companies will start using them to see who drives well and who breaks the speed limit etc? Requiring you to submit footage when assessing your premiums to see if you drive well enough and if you don't then they can bump up the premiums?

Then that may be just paranoia!

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

Russian ones that captured that meteor strike were awesome. Anyone who captures footage like that should be awarded 5 years free insurance.

Or the ones that catch plane crashes. I would just hang around Glasgow Airport all day waiting for the next crash.

I watched 1 last night where a guy pulled out a junction infront of a nutter who spent way too long chasing him for it.

Wasn't even as if it was that bad a cut up and the guy doing the chasing looked like the kind of wee auld dick you'd punch happily.

I'm starting to believe it may actually be fun to have a cam. Posting film of people absolutely seething at nothing and hopefully get a few shots of women and old folk doing incredibly stupid manoeuvres.

18 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Do you think the insurance companies will start using them to see who drives well and who breaks the speed limit etc? Requiring you to submit footage when assessing your premiums to see if you drive well enough and if you don't then they can bump up the premiums?

Then that may be just paranoia!

You already get the wee black box from insurance companies for this. Records your speed and mileage I think and you can get cheaper premiums if you have it.

Archived