Queens V Ayr

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Playing on the right side does not automatically prevent anyone from scoring goals.  Do you remember Jockie Dempster ? If not, check out the all-time goalscoring charts !

Of course it doesn't, but Carmichael's need/desire to cut inside, made him easy to nullify this afternoon.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Of course it doesn't, but Carmichael's need/desire to cut inside, made him easy to nullify this afternoon.

I agree with you. He's got two legs and could be asked to play centre half, which would make about as much sense imo. 

During his first spell I thought his end product let him down a fair bit - crosses and shooting from around the box; I hope we will see an improvement

in that department, but being on his wrong side can't be helping.

5 draws out of 6 for Ayr now. Big game next week!

Just happened to bet on the in-play betting thing on bet 365 when the offside goal went in - they showed it as a goal at first and updated the in play odds accordingly then quickly changed it back

Playing on the right side does not automatically prevent anyone from scoring goals.  Do you remember Jockie Dempster ? If not, check out the all-time goalscoring charts !

A great player from Muirkirk almost as good as Danny Masterton (another Muirkirk boy).

Exactly what both teams could do with at the moment :thumsup2

Not a great game yesterday but the windy conditions obviously didn't help. A game of two halves to use the old cliché, each side having their best spell with the wind behind them. Apart from not getting beat the only positive to take from yesterday's game was that we continue to create plenty of scoring chances but that rub of the green between them going in or not has swung against us. I was quite impressed by Bell when he came on at Morton last week and thought he put in quite a decent performance during his time on the pitch yesterday. Jacobs continues to be our best midfield performer but he too frustrated at times yesterday, winning tackles in midfield only to give away possession on several occasions with poor passing. Hopefully Dobbie's injury is not long term as he is without doubt our best option for goals, either creating or scoring them.  Dumbarton's win over Dundee Utd puts us under a bit more pressure to get some winning points on board , unfortunately looking at our fixtures in January it could prove quite hard to secure many, if any. Hopefully a couple of fresh faces come in before we head to Paisley next week.

Good support for Ayr United down at yesterday's game certainly got behind their team.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO FELLOW QUEENS SUPPORTERS AND SUPPORTERS OF THE OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS.  

2 hours ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

A great player from Muirkirk almost as good as Danny Masterton (another Muirkirk boy).

Exactly what both teams could do with at the moment :thumsup2

I do indeed remember J. Dempster. However, if Danny Carmichael passes Dempster in the scoring charts, I'll walk from ma hoose in Embra to Palmerston for a Queens game. 

pleased with a point yesterday in the end as I thought Ayr had scored in dyeing mins when that wicked free kirk from right evaded everyone and looked like edging just inside keepers right hand post. We need more free kicks like that. A couple of ours allowed the keeper to advance to edge of box to take crosses. Someone should have ben preventing that type of run as he has no right to claim these

24 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Looks pretty close

Its never going in though. Although Lee was scrambling back he had got there and would have saved if it had been on target.

Lyle offside at the end is tighter than I thought but he is offside.

I was late out for second half. Hadnt seen the Mark Millar chance until now.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its never going in though. Although Lee was scrambling back he had got there and would have saved if it had been on target.

A good chance for Mark Millar but I thought at the time he should have got something on it as the ball dropped to him. Once he waits to get it under control the keeper closed him down.

I'm one of Millar's biggest critics but I couldn't criticise him for that. He was waiting for the defender to head it away and tbh it would have been the defender's all day long had it not been for the wind. Harsh to have a pop at Millar for not anticipating the speed of the wind, even for me!

52 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

As I said the linesman got them right.

He got that one right but there were a few others that looked very wrong at the time. They're not in the highlights though.

Millars chance wasnt easy but a better first  touch and he scores. It would be wrong to criticise though it would have been a particularly top bit of skill to have brought it down any better

52 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I had it in my head that he was talking about the free kick late on :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm one of Millar's biggest critics but I couldn't criticise him for that. He was waiting for the defender to head it away and tbh it would have been the defender's all day long had it not been for the wind. Harsh to have a pop at Millar for not anticipating the speed of the wind, even for me!

How about just criticising him for yet another hope less and uninspiring display instead. 

Archived