Partick Thistle vs Kilmarnock 31 December

47 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

We haven't beaten Killie at Firhill since promotion (yet have won 3 times down there), good a chance as we'll have.

We've managed to get the inability to beat Dundee of our backs this season, so that gives me some hope we can get that elusive home win against Lee Clark's Kilmarnock. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To all the Killie fans, what's your centre-half situation? Heard you only have one recognised one fit.

Correct, Boyle getting booked at Tynie for his 5th of the season means he misses this one.... Your guess is as good as ours as to who plays instead of him, I'm going for Stevie Smith, Taylor to LB and Frizzel in midfield for Smith.

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Correct, Boyle getting booked at Tynie for his 5th of the season means he misses this one.... Your guess is as good as ours as to who plays instead of him, I'm going for Stevie Smith, Taylor to LB and Frizzel in midfield for Smith.

Bookings suspensions don't take effect until after the Winter Break, I think? We have Booth and Osman missing our trip to Inverness on the same basis.

What's the situation like with suspensions for Thistle? I'd read elsewhere that Osman and Booth had reached the threshold for a ban but I don't know when that kicks-in. A couple of others must be close to that too?

If no one is suspended and Lindsay is fine, then the obvious line-up for me seems to be the same as Wednesday:

Cerny

Devine Barton Lindsay

Elliott                                                       Booth

Edwards Osman Welsh

Erskine

Doolan

Subs: Stuckmann, Gordon, Wilson, McDaid, Amoo, Lawless, Azeez

But if Booth and Osman are unavailable, we'll need to shunt things around a bit. Gordon is likely a straight swap for Booth but unless Wilson takes the midfield berth or Archie gets Erskine to drop back, Barton will probably get moved forward and we'd be working off a back four. If it's a back four we're probably looking at a line-up closer to:

Cerny

Elliott Devine Lindsay Gordon

Edwards Barton Welsh

Erskine Lawless

Doolan

Subs: Stuckmann, Syme, Wilson, McDaid, Amoo, Azeez and a Development Squad players. But if Lindsay is also unavailable then things start to get a bit tetchy. Clearly if Booth is still available we have choices as Gordon can slot-in at LCB, but if he's not we probably have to play Barton in the back four and then play Wilson. I guess we could have played something like this if pushed:

Cerny

Elliott Devine Barton Gordon

Amoo Edwards Welsh Lawless

Doolan Azeez/Erskine

Subs: Stuckmann, Syme, Wilson, McDaid, Erskine/Azeez, and 2 Development Squad players.

I think this is one of the reasons why Archie will be very reluctant to allow Lindsay to leave in this transfer window unless he has a very clear and dedicated centre-back replacement lined-up. Until we have Dumbuya and one of Bannigan/Fraser back fit, we aren't as overloaded with defenders and especially midfielders as it appears on the surface. A lot of our excess midfield has emerged because of the move away from having three attacking midfielders in support of the lone striker. Players like Lawless, Amoo, Edwards and Erskine wouldn't previously have been considered as potentially part of the core midfield unit.

Osman has 7 yellows this season (including a double/red away at Killie), so yeah, that means he'll have hit the suspension threshold. I'm sure I read that the suspension will kick in after the break, though, which means he'll be fine to play against Killie.

Booth only has 4, according to Soccerway, so he's fine.

Routine win in prospect. Granted, bottom-six teams tend to raise their game when up against top-six outfits. But they invariably fail because, well, they're shit. 

#top6 #upperechelons

2 minutes ago, Duszek said:

Routine win in prospect. Granted, bottom-six teams tend to raise their game when up against top-six outfits. But they invariably fail because, well, they're shit. 

#top6 #upperechelons

Unless it's us when in the bottom 6.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Unless it's us when in the bottom 6.

But those were different times. Simpler times. In a way, I miss them. The world has moved on since we left the bottom 6. There is no going back, even if one wished it.

#thegreatdivide

Archived