Top of the League Hibernian v Play off hopefuls Dundee Utd

2 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

:lol: Behave yourself.

If we keep most of this team together, we'll be top six at the very minimum.

If we lose our best players we'll get some big money in. You never know how that kind of rebuilding job will work out but short of signing a whole squad of shite, we'll be absolutely fine.

I'm just going by how poor this division is this season and how tight the Premiership has been at the bottom, 6th place has been a few points from the bottom all season although Ross County are pulling away a bit now. Just can't see how any team in this league would be safe in a higher division.

Time will tell I suppose. 

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I'm just going by how poor this division is this season and how tight the Premiership has been at the bottom, 6th place has been a few points from the bottom all season although Ross County are pulling away a bit now. Just can't see how any team in this league would be safe in a higher division.

Image result for hmfc kickback

Don't blame us on the rest of you being shite.

European places next year.

Monty Smug

23 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Humphrey was playing against Paul Dixon, to be fair. We'd have been better playing a traffic cone at left back.

The thing that annoys me about Dixon is that for all his experience, he plays like a rookie. When the ball was dropping for Humphrey it was obvious what he was going to do if you know his main asset - knock it into the 40 yards of space in front of him. Dixon didn't anticipate this. You see it from him all the time, for example showing the likes of Commons or Greg Stewart onto their left foot around the box, it's like he has no awareness of who he's playing against. 

Hibs would easily be top 6.

Fantastic squad on paper

Last few years in the championship have just been bizarre. Look at what hearts and Rangers have done when they've went up...

United in another year might be winning this league. Fully expect them to atleast next season after Hibs have gone up if they've not won the play offs.

The thing that annoys me about Dixon is that for all his experience, he plays like a rookie. When the ball was dropping for Humphrey it was obvious what he was going to do if you know his main asset - knock it into the 40 yards of space in front of him. Dixon didn't anticipate this. You see it from him all the time, for example showing the likes of Commons or Greg Stewart onto their left foot around the box, it's like he has no awareness of who he's playing against. 

I still can't believe Ive witnessed in the flesh the same Paul Dixon that strolled it v Macedonia and Serbia

6 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

The shiteness of the league as a whole has no impact on how any one promoted team will get on next year.

You could argue that only being 4 points clear lumps us in with the rest but it wouldn't be revisionism on our part to say there are reasons for that. We've been banging on all season about how we have a talented but horrendously unbalanced team, that everyone had figured out tactically ages ago.

Couple of signings and a change of formation later and we're pumping the 2nd best team in the league off the park. We looked a league above United last night for a reason.

3 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The shiteness of the league as a whole has no impact on how any one promoted team will get on next year.

You could argue that only being 4 points clear lumps us in with the rest but it wouldn't be revisionism on our part to say there are reasons for that. We've been banging on all season about how we have a talented but horrendously unbalanced team, that everyone had figured out tactically ages ago.

Couple of signings and a change of formation later and we're pumping the 2nd best team in the league off the park. We looked a league above United last night for a reason.

Yeah obviously if you's go on and romp the league i'd have a different opinion. I can only go from what I've seen of Hibs and what the Hibs fans have been saying. It was only a few weeks ago I was reading on here how far Lennon has taken you back the way with his signings. 

If you win the league which I expect you will now then there is obviously plenty of scope to strengthen as well. 

On the United losing in the playoffs chat, I'd say that looks a shout at the moment. Fair play, they're actually even with us on head to head points. The goals came from a corner and a penalty, I've barely seen them create anything in open play over three games. The other playoff contenders have nothing to fear, based on what I've seen.

However, I've just been going on about how a few signings can make all the difference. United still have a good defensive record, add one or two creative/goalscoring players and they'll be a much bigger challenge for anyone.

9 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

How do the Hibs fans rate Boyle? He looked a player up until his final pass which always seemed to let him down. Is that a usual trait or just a frustrating night for him?

He's frustrating. Lost count last night of the amount of times he done a United player or two for pace, got into the box and then shat the bed with his decision making, especially once it was 3-0

Will always have a place in my heart for his multi-day sesh after the final though :wub:

2 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Yeah obviously if you's go on and romp the league i'd have a different opinion. I can only go from what I've seen of Hibs and what the Hibs fans have been saying. It was only a few weeks ago I was reading on here how far Lennon has taken you back the way with his signings. 

If you win the league which I expect you will now then there is obviously plenty of scope to strengthen as well. 

The (deserved) criticism for Lennon was that he had not only failed to address the problems I mentioned but actually exacerbated them with his summer signings.

Getting Commons in before the window and having Humphrey lined up on the 1st Jan tells me he knows where he fucked up and has tried to sort it as quickly as possible. All's well that ends well and if we have a good few months from here, I won't give a f**k about his shite first half of the season.

5 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

How do the Hibs fans rate Boyle? He looked a player up until his final pass which always seemed to let him down. Is that a usual trait or just a frustrating night for him?

That's usual for him. Gets an unbelievable amount of chances but needs about 10 per goal.

Been getting played mostly as a striker under Lennon but has had all his best games for Hibs as a winger.

I'd probably stick with him out wide despite his horrendous end product. Teams will hate playing against him and Humphrey's counter attacks.

Why are fans of diddy clubs like Falkirk trying to tell us where we'd finish in the top flight, or comment on our style of football at all for that matter. They wouldn't know good football if it snidely elbowed them in the face

43 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

Why are fans of diddy clubs like Falkirk trying to tell us where we'd finish in the top flight, or comment on our style of football at all for that matter. They wouldn't know good football if it snidely elbowed them in the face

Falkirk won't be back in the top flight for a long time and possibly never in my lifetime. 

Just home after last nights dreadful United performance, but an agreeable day oot today in Embra.

Not read the thread, so taking a punt that the consensus was

united - gash,  too many players anonymous, desperate for some new signings

hibs - very good from the off, out played us all over the back, real hunger and desire for the full 90 minutes.

Great numbers out from both sets of fans  though, so well done us. 

11 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Tactics were terrible last night. Hibs were up for it and played on the break well.

Lennon showed his worth tonight. McKinnon was found out. We could tell straight away there was no forward option

No so cocky now are you stewartyfud1

How did the Preston reject get on ? 

:lol:

Archived