Your favourite Goal of all time

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These two as well (about 5:50 onwards for the goals - although the whole video is a decent watch to see an awful own goal and some mental saves).

Dominated the first leg but only scored one before Brechin equalised late on, then in the second leg we were losing late on and it looked like staying that way. I'm pretty sure we had four strikers piled on for most of the second half, shooting towards the Ayr end and peppering their goal, but Nelson was having none of it until what is probably the most chaotic ten minutes I've ever seen at an Ayr game.

Good shout! Forgot about that one. Looks like a standard long range drive side-on but it's brilliant when you see slo-mo angle from behind. Looks like it's going about 15 feet wide.

ETA: Still no a patch on Lex Shields first for Bo'ness v Bailliestoun in the '84 Junior Cup Final! [emoji39]

Good shout! Forgot about that one. Looks like a standard long range drive side-on but it's brilliant when you see slo-mo angle from behind. Looks like it's going about 15 feet wide.

I remember him for that goal alone, the way he worked the ball so far outside the post is unreal. What a player he was

ETA: Still no a patch on Lex Shields first for Bo'ness v Bailliestoun in the '84 Junior Cup Final! [emoji39]

To be fair that was Messiesk also what I bloody crowd. Another better from a junior cup final was the lad sheering who played at mussy and is now at Berwick

1. Bergkamp against Argentina in the World Cup in 1998, a great long ball, superb control and a nice finish.

2. Carlos Alberto for Brazil in the 1970 World Cup Final, a great team goal, the nonchalantly rolled pass by Pelè, the little bobble before the hit.

3. Craig Robertson's "the goal" in the emotionally draining 4-3 win v Clydebank in the first game after Norrie McCathie's death. 3-0 up, brought back to 3-3 by the Bankies then the man who took over the armband after Norrie died scores immediately to win the game. Not the best technical goal but with everything else about it, it's the best Pars goal ever - even better than Bullen v Hearts (similar to Bergkamp's in my post above but with a further out shot).

I saw this clip (from 2014) on Twitter the other day and it immediately became one of my favourite non-Aberdeen goals. It has something for everyone - a frenetic penalty box scramble directly preceding the goal, a scorer called 'Kok', a manager standing on the touchline in a general's hat, and, perhaps most importantly relating to the subject matter at hand, a long-range screamer.

Carlos Alberto 1970 cup final is still the ultimate goal.

Scotland-wise, mentalness-wise, Ferguson v Italy. Class-wise, Gemmil v Holland for its genius yet breathtaking simplicity and deftness.

United-wise, Clark at the Nou Camp for the mentalness, otherwise Bannon v Hearts mid 80s in the game Ian Ferguson closef the game out with a 45 yard 'screamer lob' over Hen Smith.

Archived