Lisbon

The Mantis

1 minute ago, Kool Keith said:

I didn't enjoy that tbh. It's a beautiful place but very boring and tourist orientated imo.

I've only passed by in my van driver days but it's somewhere I'd like to visit if I ever go as a tourist.

My missus would hate it but it's right up the street of an anorak like me. :)

16 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

There's been a thread about Lisbon a few times now. I've made some recommendations for places that we liked there.

Cheers, found them. Hadn't bothered with a search, just went back a couple of pages.

Alfama is a great historic part of town but it is quite a steep climb. The centre is grid patterned and easy to navigate and good to wander. The airport is close to city too so great on that score. I'd recommend a wee trip out to Belem to see the tower and there is a wee place that sells the best custard tarts, think there is a free Paula Rego gallery nearby too. If it was hot then I'd recommend getting the 30 minute train ride to cascais for the great beach.

But be aware you will be asked if you want hashish roughly 5 times every hour in Lisbon and the Grafitti is prominent. Very annoying. But overall a nice city. Enjoy

Archived