• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how did the game go, let me guess? Dunfermline had the majority of possession, they often played the ball up high to Clark who very rarely challenged but often fell to the ground rolling around claiming for a foul. Other times the ball would get played forward down the channels with Clark half-heartedly chasing it down. Chances would be numerous but none would be taken. The other striker would be playing by far the better of the two.

When you played us at Palmerston a few weeks ago Clark should have been subbed but wasn’t which we were grateful of. .The management are hopeful if they keep him on he might get lucky and score to claim the headlines but fearful of making a sub who might do the same.

As has been said before it’s an unhealthy position to have both Clarks at the club and one that will/has cost you points.

Never mind though keep your heads in the sand in full denial of what will happen regularly in front of your own eyes and remember we put 3 past St Mirren on their own ground just last week

So how did the game go, let me guess? Dunfermline had the majority of possession, they often played the ball up high to Clark who very rarely challenged but often fell to the ground rolling around claiming for a foul. Other times the ball would get played forward down the channels with Clark half-heartedly chasing it down. Chances would be numerous but none would be taken. The other striker would be playing by far the better of the two.

When you played us at Palmerston a few weeks ago Clark should have been subbed but wasn’t which we were grateful of. .The management are hopeful if they keep him on he might get lucky and score to claim the headlines but fearful of making a sub who might do the same.

As has been said before it’s an unhealthy position to have both Clarks at the club and one that will/has cost you points.

Never mind though keep your heads in the sand in full denial of what will happen regularly in front of your own eyes and remember we put 3 past St Mirren on their own ground just last week

Has Nicky or Sandy pumped your wife?

What is this sub you speak of?

45 minutes ago, Hawk said:

We're above you in table and Clark is our top scorer. Other than that, gr8 post.

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

Clark, Clark, Clark, Clark, Clark. Did you set fire to your Nicky Clark pyjamas when he left? Sounds like you're really cut up about it.

Genuinely LOL at you mentioning a victory over St.Mirren last week. That's cute Shitehawk.

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

lol, you clearly have wee team syndrome neebs. 

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

AJ is slow to make subs in general. I wouldn't take it as favouritism towards Clark. I thought he was excellent on Saturday though and showed lots of good movement, aggression and teed up Moffat for what should have been a tap in. Rightly one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

AJ is slow to make subs in general. I wouldn't take it as favouritism towards Clark. I thought he was excellent on Saturday though and showed lots of good movement, aggression and teed up Moffat for what should have been a tap in. Rightly one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

Totally agree. 

Only just noticed the forum's 'virginton' autocorrect. :lol:
It is, of course, totally unfair: he's not a virgin at all. His dad took care of that many years ago.

Too far, you sick c**t.

Out top goalscorer, Nicky Clark? That Nicky Clark? Aye, he's doing fine. He's helped turn our form around. Thanks for your concern, though.

Jezzz really hit a nerve there with you guys! :lol:

Fucking love it. I would call it 'verge of tears', but it sounds as though you're well past that stage. You're inconsolable that you've been called out on such a ridiculously-shit post and passing it off as "jeez guys I was just trolling lololol."

Pitch wasn't in the best nick (a bit nuked by the undersoil heating?) so I'll let the Moff off and put that miss down to a bobble. 

I like how in the 100mph huffing and puffing game, big Wedderburn rarely breaks into a jog. Barely wasted a pass or missed a tackle (and boy can he put in a slide tackle).  Certainly makes it harder to beat us when we have someone who takes the ball off opponents with such nonchalance. Sutton had a similarly calm performance for St Mirren. Even when under pressure in our box he seemed to have the time to pick passes. Seems like a good influence on the younger guys around him.  

It didn't feel like it at the time but it was a decent point, given how other results went. Be great if AJ can wheel and deal with the forwards as I think we do need a wee bit of extra quality if we're to make a bid for the (right) playoff spots. Attitude and organisation is spot on. Hard to pinpoint anyone having a bad game - there are simply a number of players who are probably no better than our current league position would suggest. We can't simply expect Moff to bury every chance or McMullan to have a killer final ball every time or they wouldn't be with us. 

Go back a few months and we were conceding two goals in every away match and three in every home match. Now we're maybe just one or two players away from having a realistic chance of trying to catch Falkirk. Even if that doesn't happen, if we can finish fifth at least we'll know what's needed to step up a level next year.  

The reaction from the St Mirren players was almost a backhanded compliment to our team as they looked delighted to have come through a tough game and got a point whereas we were really frustrated not to win. Far from a classic but good to see the way we've toughened up and how AJ seems to be getting the most out of every player (he can't work miracles though).

8 league games undefeated but none of the games were against the top two teams. United at home followed by Falkirk and Hibs away shouldn't shake the confidence even if we get a couple of defeats and drop back a few places. We've shown in these last few months that we can now comfortably live with the middle-lower orders in this league.  

Archived