Falkirk v Ayr Pt3

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McCracken is done; Kerr is not far behind him. Baird is pish and has been for months now, bar his performance at Easter Road, but he is one of Houston's favourites (as is Kerr) so is seemingly safe from being dropped regardless of how low his level of performance drops. I still think there is a potentially a place for Muirhead in our team; he was a mainstay for Partick at centre-half when they won this league, but by god his performances at right-back are beginning to verge on painful to watch. Makes me want to cry when he lifts his leg back and aimlessly blooters the ball up the line either straight to the opposition or completely out of play about 12 times a game. Dire.
I am a fan of Houston and still have trust that he will get it right, although I'll admit that trust is being shaken a little bit. Genuinely an inexplicable decision to substitute McHugh, who, despite not having a brilliant game, was looking relatively sharp, before Baird. Agree with others elsewhere that Shepherd should be nowhere near the first team, and must be insulting to O'Hara to return to the club and see folk like that getting in the squad ahead of him.

An excellent summary of the situation. Only difference for me is that any trust I did have is gone & think we should look elsewhere now. Give someone else a chance to prepare a side. Although my faith in the board to make the right call vanished a long long time ago.

How in the hell did Muirhead get booked, surely if the ref thought he'd head-butted the guy it should have been a straight red?

Muirhead did react against their player, so I can see the refs thinking. Though, like you, I don't agree with it. But not to also book their player for the reaction was shocking.

How in the hell did Muirhead get booked, surely if the ref thought he'd head-butted the guy it should have been a straight red?

I agree. Pretty cuntish behaviour from our captain and I hope McCall has a quiet word with him.

I'm only going off the highlights but that was a well-worked goal from us. Nisbet did very well to win the header. He seemed to create quite a bit throughout - if only he could finish.

Big harkins selling the jersey for the falkirk goal. I know he's not in the team to defend corners but he's a big enough b*****d to stop a free header.

Another outstanding display from Fleming.

Seen those falkirk pavement dancers on facebook again, what a brass neck they are. Hope one of the wee fuds gets the jail and booted off his nq media studies course. 

The thing is, the majority don't even attend matches and aren't even Falkirk fans. Just silly wee twats wanting a dance.

The real Falkirk fans should take them and give them a fuckin scudding.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I see from the highlights that both goalscorers were also culpable in the goals their teams concede. Grant letting harkins run off him for Ayrs and then harkins returning the compliment for the equaliser.

I heard a few folk shouting at McCracken for Harkins goal.

It was Grant who was man marking Harkins.

I'd be very worried if Harkins ran away from me. He's nae Usain Bolt.

I heard a few folk shouting at McCracken for Harkins goal.

It was Grant who was man marking Harkins.

I'd be very worried if Harkins ran away from me. He's nae Usain Bolt.

Ayr's goal seemed to happen in slow motion.... awful stuff.

Effort without form eventually becomes not enough to keep a player in the team, however it certainly is enough, regardless of form to exempt him from pish like that

Maybe I was a bit harsh but he's past his best. Last season he was at least scoring against bottom of the table sides. He's now not even doing that so get rid. If we can't offload him then he needs benched. If Houston persists then keep him well away from penalties. Plenty of better options up front.

8 hours ago, PG.Colossus said:

It was McCracken who was outjumped for the flick. Both were culpable.

Yeah McCracken shouldn't be getting beat in the air so easy and perhaps that was partially what surprised Grant who was caught sleeping. Harkins gambled and it paid off.

Archived