Scotland squad March

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Madness, I'm obsessed with stats, and in every single measurable way, Clark is outperforming Hamilton. Theres only 9 months between them aswell, so its hardly like Hamilton is a bigger prospect.

I agree with you in principle but considering they just need a 3rd body to train and sit on the bench it's probably easier to call up someone who's been around the squad before

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The third choice goalkeeper isn't really something to get upset about, but still, Jack Hamilton :lol:

Obviously neither them are close to being at Gordon's level, but there's no doubt that if Clark was at Hearts and Hamilton was at St. Johnstone he'd have called up Clark. He's a better goalkeeper but Strachan is making decisions based on the size of club they play for rather than how good they are - purely size of club, as St. Johnstone are better than Hearts as well as Clark being better than Hamilton. While the third choice goalkeeper is largely meaningless, it does reveal a lot about the ridiculous way Strachan thinks.

Madness, I'm obsessed with stats, and in every single measurable way, Clark is outperforming Hamilton. Theres only 9 months between them aswell, so its hardly like Hamilton is a bigger prospect.

He plays for a bigger club though and unfortunately that seems to be a big deal to Strachan.

When Clark gets a move to Sheffield Wednesday he'll get his call up...

Guest DAVIDB69

We still have the ridiculous situation where players from Aberdeen cannot get a look in, despite comfortably being the second best side in Scotland for four years.

These players are considered less capable than players who cannot get games for mid table championship sides.

There also this constant Englishman of the month mantra in squads as well, okay cairney wasn't too bad , but there have been some absolute diddies capped during strachans reign

42 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The third choice keeper really doesn't fucking matter. Clark or Hamilton will only get a game if Gordon, McGregor and Marshall are all injured.

McGhee's comments yesterday were utterly laughable but I think he was being serious.

A statement that can be made about the majority of press conferences under the current management set up. 

Thought Hamilton was meant to be decent, although I've not seen much of him. Been really impressed with Clark when he's played against us. You could argue it doesn't matter who the 3rd choice is, but surely we should be attempting to bring through players to eventually replace our ageing keepers. The same goes for our CHs, I think only Cooper and Hanley are under 30. Even if the young players right now are no better, it's pointless to keep calling up and failing with the same players. What are we trying to achieve by continuing to play players like Mulgrew?

Exactly. This campaign is done, what we should be doing is bringing in the likes of Lindsay and dare I say it Devlin. The latter was immense against Aberdeen and it was only a couple of seasons ago that he was part of an Accies defence that went over five hours without conceding. Playing alongside better players, as he was then, could really bring him on. Or do we stick with Newcastle reserves and veterans like Berra who were never very good in their prime.

I would say I think Lindsay deserves a call before Devlin. Any other promising centre half's?

I know there are many on here who don't care where Scotland players come from, as it is permitted to use non Scots according to the rules. Apart from several things, including acute embarrassment when they speak with an English accent, lack of patriotism on their behalf by representing their own countries biggest rivals, I point blank refuse to accept that any of the English mercenaries has brought anything to our national team. Indeed the inclusion of half the English second division seems to coincide with the lowest point in our history, results-wise.

Strachan, who lives in England of course, prefers to trawl and beg second rate , second or third generation Englishmen to further career prospects by handing out International caps whilst stubbornly refusing to recognise real Scots playing in their own leagues. All the while failing but being backed by those running football in our country (who just happen to be English themselves). He should, of course, have been relieved of his duties long ago, not just on results but his insolent and dismissive behaviour to football fans in this country. For this reason , not that it matters any more as we are already out of the World Cup, I will be happy for a defeat on Sunday. I wont , of course be able to watch the game as the SFA have excluded those who don't have PPV tv, and are only able to watch the "real" team of half the Scotland squad.

I know there are many on here who don't care where Scotland players come from, as it is permitted to use non Scots according to the rules. Apart from several things, including acute embarrassment when they speak with an English accent, lack of patriotism on their behalf by representing their own countries biggest rivals, I point blank refuse to accept that any of the English mercenaries has brought anything to our national team. Indeed the inclusion of half the English second division seems to coincide with the lowest point in our history, results-wise.
Strachan, who lives in England of course, prefers to trawl and beg second rate , second or third generation Englishmen to further career prospects by handing out International caps whilst stubbornly refusing to recognise real Scots playing in their own leagues. All the while failing but being backed by those running football in our country (who just happen to be English themselves). He should, of course, have been relieved of his duties long ago, not just on results but his insolent and dismissive behaviour to football fans in this country. For this reason , not that it matters any more as we are already out of the World Cup, I will be happy for a defeat on Sunday. I wont , of course be able to watch the game as the SFA have excluded those who don't have PPV tv, and are only able to watch the "real" team of half the Scotland squad.

Andy goram Stuart McCall Shaun maloney Richard gough don Hutchinson , graham Alexander, James Morrison Kieran tierney all not born in Scotland and have been good and improved our national team. As for pay tv obviously the tv rights are sold to the highest bidder to maximise revenues part of which goes to the sfa. Do you want the tv rights to be sold for less so you can watch the game in the comfort of your own home? Doesn't make any business sense. You could also go to the game and support the national team, walk to the pub, watch at a friends, buy a now tv day pass etc etc.

13 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Andy goram Stuart McCall Shaun maloney Richard gough don Hutchinson , graham Alexander, James Morrison Kieran tierney all not born in Scotland and have been good and improved our national team. As for pay tv obviously the tv rights are sold to the highest bidder to maximise revenues part of which goes to the sfa. Do you want the tv rights to be sold for less so you can watch the game in the comfort of your own home? Doesn't make any business sense. You could also go to the game and support the national team, walk to the pub, watch at a friends, buy a now tv day pass etc etc.

Ah ! a veritable capitalist on the forum. SFA will be pleased to hear that. Glad to hear you have the interests of PPV and publicans at heart.

McCall, Maloney, Gough and Tierney(thought he was Scottish) at least played and lived in this country unlike the others who are born, raised, played and live their whole lives in England. Anyway the horse has bolted on that front, I have no interest these days, just pass comment. They no longer represent the likes of me.

My interests are about getting the best deal and funding posable for Scottish football not the best deal for dullard bluteau who can't be bothered going to the game, doesn't want to pay for any tv services or walk to the pub to watch it. We tend to have an entitlement complex that it should be free to watch the national team.

Archived