Ayr United v Morton

17 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Hi Morton,

If you could make this a routine pumping it'd be greatly appreciated.

Your friends on the Clyde,

Dumbarton FC

Image result for jeremy clarkson drink

14 hours ago, Dee Man said:

If the boy Dunning has got long black hair and black rimmed glasses on then he was just on the telly there. If not, then he wasn't.

I liked the look of the guys Harkins and McGuffie for Ayr. Can we have them please? Thanks.

I was hoping there would be no documentary evidence of me at any point yesterday, this is displeasing.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're very welcome, jimmy. I thought all skunk fans would have been big enough to show their appreciation on P&B.
It must have been strange in pishley last night. Although it must have happened. I still can't imagine your spoonburner fans cheering every Morton goal while doing their "cooking"!

I watched the first half of your game on the train home and felt dirty at being pleased you wrapped it up. Just delaying the inevitable though....were fucked.

31 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I watched the first half of your game on the train home and felt dirty at being pleased you wrapped it up. Just delaying the inevitable though....were fucked.

Still a little of football to be played. The playoffs are certainly not out of reach. Ayr are in a right bad rut as are Raith. Is it next week you play Dumbarton?  That's a massive game.

We didn't really play any worse than we have in any games for a few months tbh.  We are just out of our depth with poor players and a manager struggling and came up against a team in good form.  Next week will be similar.   

35 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

As much as I hate to say it. I think you could still overtake Ayr. You're 7 points behind them, but you have still to play them twice. Win those 2 games and you'd only have to get 1 or 2 points, depending on goal difference, more than them in the other 12 games. 

As much as I hate to say it. I think you could still overtake Ayr. You're 7 points behind them, but you have still to play them twice. Win those 2 games and you'd only have to get 1 or 2 points, depending on goal difference, more than them in the other 12 games. 

That's a big ask imo. We are not going to lose twice to St Mirren as well as picking up nothing against Raith and Dumbarton. I would much rather be in our position tbh than theirs.

12 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Here's the answer :-

Ayr v skunks 25/02

Ayr v Raith 28/02

An easy 6 points!

That would require us to score more goals than the opposition. Currently P4 W0 D3 L1 against those two

From seeing people mentioning him on here, I was looking out to see how Balatoni played as by some accounts he's one of the better central defenders in the league.

Thought he was absolutely honking.

Was impressed with Mcguffie though when he came on. Is he out of contract in the summer?

54 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

That's a big ask imo. We are not going to lose twice to St Mirren as well as picking up nothing against Raith and Dumbarton. I would much rather be in our position tbh than theirs.

I hope you're right. Believe me I want the skunks to be relegated.

12 minutes ago, port-ton said:

From seeing people mentioning him on here, I was looking out to see how Balatoni played as by some accounts he's one of the better central defenders in the league.

Thought he was absolutely honking.

Was impressed with Mcguffie though when he came on. Is he out of contract in the summer?

Balatoni has been excellent for us. Yesterday, like everyone else he was poor.

McGuffie I think signed a two year deal at the start of the season.

Stop teasing.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Of course we are. 

I remember Harkins used to score quite a lot at this level. If he could stop fannying about trying to beat a whole team on his own maybe he could do that.

Gary Oliver is progressing very well. He looks like a forward now and I didn't think that at the start of the season. Couple of great finishes last night.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I was hoping there would be no documentary evidence of me at any point yesterday, this is displeasing.

Cracking few seconds of you and elder walking out the ground at the end. Swording Ayr, singing songs.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Cracking few seconds of you and elder walking out the ground at the end. Swording Ayr, singing songs.

A welcome change from our last trip to Somerset where I was walking out the ground singing time to go. Duffy is now doing a wonderful job, this team is a joy to watch and I want a late kick-off every week.

31 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

A welcome change from our last trip to Somerset where I was walking out the ground singing time to go. Duffy is now doing a wonderful job, this team is a joy to watch and I want a late kick-off every week.

Preferably, in Ayr. 

13 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Hmmm, it's  looking like yet another Saturday when virginton has failed to pull.......

This could be a long night, folks!

Saturday night and he is in his bedroom posting pictures of grinning men. Is he trying to tell us something about his proclivities?

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Saturday night and he is in his bedroom posting pictures of grinning men. Is he trying to tell us something about his proclivities?

when-was-the-cell-phone-made_1.jpg

Archived