Celtic v Inverness CT

Flybhoy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic were excellent, but we were utterly fucking dreadful. Any other Premiership club would have given them a better game. Even though I hate seeing us play anti-football, I defended our attempts to stop Celtic playing in the last league game at Celtic Park, as we were on a decent run and knew we would never be able to outplay them, but today was just embarrassing. No pace or composure in midfield, no pace or creativity in the wide areas until Mulraney came on, Henri Anier utterly anonymous up front, Gary Warren looking finished at the back, and all topped off by yet another calamitous display by Fon Williams in goals. People on CTO are still talking about us getting out of this; the next three league games are against Hearts, Rangers and then Celtic again. We are fucked.       

3 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The day we chose Fon Williams over Brill was the day we were relegated. More interested in his fucking watercolours than playing football.

We chose OFW so we could get some extra cash from the EUROs. 

3 hours ago, CityDave said:

Dean Brill will be a free agent in the summer unless Colchester Utd decide to keep him.

I can't help thinking of the 'Yogi effect' and that a lot that has happened this season is down to his decisions on the squad last season. Richie's inexperience has been shown up, but I'm hoping he will learn from this and it will stand him in good stead in the future as long as we stay up.

Not going to be too bothered about the inevitable defeat today, since the main task is to stay up. Fon Williams need competition for his place, last thing we need with a perforated  defence is our number one keeper off form.

Agree with a lot of this. The recycling of the squad really fell away under Hughes compared to Butcher. His replacements were absolute dog shit and when he left we had a woefully unbalanced squad. When Foran took over he started bringing in the players that, on paper, we needed. Wingers, new strikers an extra defender. However we can't blame our situation all on Hughes. Foran has made a number of bizarre tactical errors and his selection is crazy at times randomly dropping players each week then bringing them back in from the cold expecting them to do a job, persisting with out of form players and playing players out of position. This season has been a complete and utter clusterfuck carrying on from the mess of last year.

As for the game the only thing more laughable than our performance was the BBC picking this game to begin with. Stroll in the park for Celtic. We were never going to get a result given the respective form of the two sides and a plethora of other reasons / excuses however I was expecting at least a degree of fight from the side but instead we got another disorganised mess with some comedy defensive errors thrown in for good measure. I can't recall Gordon having a save to make. 

Disappointing also to see us reduced to trying to be a bunch of hatchet men to stop Celtic. They were far too quick for this to be effective and just breezed through our attempts at challenges. At least Mulraney looked okay when he came on but that could be more down to Celtic downing tools at that point. Wouldn't mind him or Ebbe starting next week. Better than some of the shitehawks that were on the go today.

Shocking crowd there today. Can't have been more than 25,000.

IMG_20170211_124952.thumb.jpg.88daaf62fcceeae941307e0e384fa202.jpg

About 30k according to club twitter. Looked about right to be honest. It was fucking baltic there today, seriously fucking cold or, maybe im just getting old..??

Fair play to the Caley fans who made the trip, firstly for leaving Inverness when it was still dark for a game, live on council telly they were 98% certain to lose and, secondly for staying right till the bitter end as the goals rained in, not many of them but much respect to those who were there.

Dembele and Sinclair are clearly miles ahead of anyone in Scottish Football, not boasting just stating fact to be honest, Tierney almost at that level as well. Ian Vigurs sole objective from kick off seemed, to me to get himself sent off, quite how he lasted 90 minutes is incredible and, despite the hounding why didnt Foran take him off astounds me, even just based on the glaringly obvious fact he's utter dugshite as well.

Routine win so onwards and upwards to the quarter finals, id like a wee trip to Ayr/Clyde or even Cappielow, a ground I havent been to in 20 years or so but will no doubt be away to Aberdeen or the winners of the Embra derby.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I love Ireland. And I like the Wolfe tones. Not Celtic related though.

I am really not enjoying watching Celtic so dominant in the cups. It's all became too easy for them and it's depressing.

Fooling absolutely no one. 

5 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Genuine question for Celtic fans.

Why do so many fans stay away from cup games simply because it's not on your season ticket when you're on fire in the league and chasing a treble?

Good question and one I guess I can only partly answer.

I go to all the home cup games despite them not being on the ST because I simply want to see Celtic regardless of opposition and competition (I go to most domestic aways too, havent missed a game in Scotland in almost two years) but, I guess an extra 20 notes for a game some arent overly excited about is a step too far, possibly as well the ST holders who dont stay relatively close, and the club do have a fair amount from various far flung reaches of Scotland as well as Ireland and England cant physicaly make every game, especialy those with inconveniant k.o times like this so they arent likely to opt in for these.

The club tried to counter this by introducing the home cup ticket scheme, giving priority for big games at Hampden to those who attend these. This has been in place two season now and led to a fair few meltdowns and spats on social media over ticket allocation for both recent semi finals v Sevco, those who couldnt be arsed attending games v Morton, Alloa etc raging when they suddenly realise they didnt meet criteria and therefore got no ticket, slating the club, fellow supporters and coming up with all sorts of pish why they werent at previous rounds

End of the day the club are trying to boost attendance at these ties by giving an incentive to attend by prioritising fans who go to these matches. Its pretty fair and reasonable in my opinion so those who miss out for Hampden if/when we get there only have themselves to blame because they couldnt be fucked with these types of matches.

9 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Genuine question for Celtic fans.

Why do so many fans stay away from cup games simply because it's not on your season ticket when you're on fire in the league and chasing a treble?

I would've gone but I was at a wedding. I don't really understand it, particularly because I got tickets for the League Cup semi and final purely by going to the Motherwell game (couldn't make it to Alloa either). I take it most folk don't want to pay extra money to see us win easily on a cold and wet day when the game is televised anyway. 

2 hours ago, The OP said:

I would've gone but I was at a wedding. I don't really understand it, particularly because I got tickets for the League Cup semi and final purely by going to the Motherwell game (couldn't make it to Alloa either). I take it most folk don't want to pay extra money to see us win easily on a cold and wet day when the game is televised anyway. 

So much for the " We are Celtic supporters, faithful through and through, over and over, we will follow you." tosh!

51 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

So much for the " We are Celtic supporters, faithful through and through, over and over, we will follow you." tosh!

Yes, imagine a set of football supporters making grandiose claims that don't really stand up to scrutiny.

In any event "Faithful through and through" is almost exclusively sung when we're in the shit and people are leaving early. As such, most of the people who didn't turn up yesterday probably don't sing it :lol:

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

Yes, imagine a set of football supporters making grandiose claims that don't really stand up to scrutiny.

In any event "Faithful through and through" is almost exclusively sung when we're in the shit and people are leaving early. As such, most of the people who didn't turn up yesterday probably don't sing it :lol:

It's more to do with the "we will follow you," part. It would be an idea to add ON THE T.V. 

Not a very faithful support when people are leaving early when you're "in the shit".

3 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

It's more to do with the "we will follow you," part. It would be an idea to add ON THE T.V. 

Not a very faithful support when people are leaving early when you're "in the shit".

Again, we are no different to any other support in this regard. 

13 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Good way to deflect from the absolute gubbing a team takes is to have a wee crowd wank.

So, the best team in Scotland gubs one of the other also-rans and you want to brag about it. Fair enough. I suppose Cellic v ICT is a bit like Barcelona v Cellic. A class team playing shite. You start!

Archived