The Rovers v The Sons

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance tonight. Good to see Hardie back on the scoresheet. A bit of a problem that our defenders all looked knackered at the end.

Hopefully we can finally get back to winning ways here.

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We were absolutely dead on our feet by the end of extra time there, which isn't great. Need to be well rested for Saturday, massive game.

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Great performance tonight. Good to see Hardie back on the scoresheet. A bit of a problem that our defenders all looked knackered at the end.

Hopefully we can finally get back to winning ways here.

Worry not boys... Stevo has been rested all week in preparation.

Worry not boys... Stevo has been rested all week in preparation.

It's a worry that Dumbarton didn't bother their arse to stipulate that part of the deal was he didn't play against them.

Hopefully the tattooed avenger feels slighted and wants to take it out on Dumbo.

Personally, I'm hoping the other Ryan (Hardie) got a bit of confidence back last night. He scores when he wants...

10 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

Should be a big advantage to Dumbarton after tonight. We'd have been better off losing on Sunday than having to go through that tonight.

Let's calm down here, it's obviously a slight advantage but your full-time players have two days to rest up, surely they're in good enough shape to be ready to go again on Saturday?

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It's a worry that Dumbarton didn't bother their arse to stipulate that part of the deal was he didn't play against them.

Part of what deal?  We paid Stevo off and Locke signed him. Locke then made Vaughan available for loan and we took him. Even if we wanted to we couldn't impose such a clause. 

Also, given that Aitken has watched what Stevo is capable of for half a season it wouldn't surprise me if he actually wanted him to play against us. He can be dangerous, yes, but it should be easy enough for us to nullify his threat due to his lack of mobility.

Part of what deal?  We paid Stevo off and Locke signed him. Locke then made Vaughan available for loan and we took him. Even if we wanted to we couldn't impose such a clause. 
Also, given that Aitken has watched what Stevo is capable of for half a season it wouldn't surprise me if he actually wanted him to play against us. He can be dangerous, yes, but it should be easy enough for us to nullify his threat due to his lack of mobility.

I need more smiley faces with my posts.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I need more smiley faces with my posts.

I blame dark winter mornings for my brain not working properly.

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

:lol:

It was clearly a joke. :lol:

Any more from you and I'll instruct the CSE to bring your balls back on a plate, cunto.

Our players are professional footballers. Ask anyone player and they'll tell you that from this point in the season it's all about recovery and preparation. A rest today, a light session tomorrow and we should be fine for Saturday. We have a decent size squad and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes for Saturday, despite last night and Sunday being along the lines of the first XI I'd like to see starting each week. I really like the look of Matthews, Thompson and Callachan in the middle. Matthews offers that bit of protection and allows Callachan to get further forward where he can affect the game more. Last night and Sunday were his best games of the season. 

My major worry would be Davo. Never thought I'd say this but we need him at right back. As soon as Two Touch Thomson came on last night we struggled. Davo isn't going to offer lunch busting runs forward and get to the bye-line but his positional sense at the back has been superb. He has easily saved us points this season playing there where we otherwise would've lost. If Thomson comes in we have to play a solid midfield 3 to offer more protection to M'Voto and Bene.

Part of what deal?  We paid Stevo off and Locke signed him. Locke then made Vaughan available for loan and we took him. Even if we wanted to we couldn't impose such a

I thought it all a bit suss too. But, Aitken is asked about Vaughan coming in after the hibs game by sonstv and I think replies by saying we were told he could be available 2 weeks before christmas. Might be wrong.

Where did it say we paid Stevo off?

I also thought it suspect that we have a gripe with Annan about Todd, who then sign Nade who then signs for us...

Looking for something thats not there perhaps..

Archived