18 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

What am I missing here?

A few weeks ago Charles 'Chick' Young was absolutely seething on Sportsound because he'd been sent to cover our game. He spent the entire match claiming he didn't even know what the stadium was called (despite it being on the teamsheet in front of him) and then rambled on about the dip being like the Grand Canyon. I believe he even said something along the lines of it being a couple of feet deep :lol:

Even Willie Miller called him out for that one.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the stewards were enforcing the seating early on, showing everyone to specific seats. That seemed to go out the window as it got busier. Probably doesn't matter for most games, but when it's a game where the section is sold out, it needs to be followed. There were family groups of 5 and 6 coming in to seats they had booked together only to find nowhere they were able to sit together.

It's always going to be difficult to police though. As far as I know there was no option to choose your seat when buying a ticket, so there would have been groups who always go to games together but weren't able to buy there tickets at the same time, and therefore been dotted around the stand.

They should just issue a ticket for the stand. That would solve any problem.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

A few weeks ago Charles 'Chick' Young was absolutely seething on Sportsound because he'd been sent to cover our game. He spent the entire match claiming he didn't even know what the stadium was called (despite it being on the teamsheet in front of him) and then rambled on about the dip being like the Grand Canyon. I believe he even said something along the lines of it being a couple of feet deep :lol:

He was also claiming that the crossbar was level with half way up the corner flag.

He really should be put down.

A few weeks ago Charles 'Chick' Young was absolutely seething on Sportsound because he'd been sent to cover our game. He spent the entire match claiming he didn't even know what the stadium was called (despite it being on the teamsheet in front of him) and then rambled on about the dip being like the Grand Canyon. I believe he even said something along the lines of it being a couple of feet deep [emoji38]

Haha, I was unaware of this. The slope from the corner flag at our side down into the box is pretty bad though. Surely when they were constructing the stadium they could have levelled that out.

Just now, houston_bud said:

It's always going to be difficult to police though. As far as I know there was no option to choose your seat when buying a ticket, so there would have been groups who always go to games together but weren't able to buy there tickets at the same time, and therefore been dotted around the stand.

There was options for rear, middle or front if ordering online. Not sure if you could choose specific seats in person at the ticket office.

I guess the idea of ticket allocation is to stop those problems when it is sold out, otherwise it would end up with single seats everywhere. If I had booked tickets for a group to go together and had tickets with seat numbers together, I'd be expecting to get those seats. It does need to be properly enforced by the stewards though or it becomes a free for all and ends up causing more problems. They were moving people out of seats at half time for some reason.

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

If you take the chance of sitting in a seat that wasn't allocated on your ticket you know you may have to move when the rightfull ticket holder turns up. Thats just common decency or is Paisley really that lawless.

2 minutes ago, christinanade said:

There was options for rear, middle or front if ordering online. Not sure if you could choose specific seats in person at the ticket office.

I guess the idea of ticket allocation is to stop those problems when it is sold out, otherwise it would end up with single seats everywhere. If I had booked tickets for a group to go together and had tickets with seat numbers together, I'd be expecting to get those seats. It does need to be properly enforced by the stewards though or it becomes a free for all and ends up causing more problems. They were moving people out of seats at half time for some reason.

Our stewards don't care where you sit though.  They only care if anyone dares to stand up during the game.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Our stewards don't care where you sit though.  They only care if anyone dares to stand up during the game.

They cared for about 5 minutes, actually showing people to seats before not bothering. The guys at the turnstiles also said keep your ticket handy for seat number.

You can't get a good boooo going without standing up :whistle

Haha, I was unaware of this. The slope from the corner flag at our side down into the box is pretty bad though. Surely when they were constructing the stadium they could have levelled that out.

It's a landslip issue. We obviously levelled everything out to begin with but the land underneath has moved. I believe we have spent a fair whack trying to fix it since then to no avail but I may be mistaken on that.

18 minutes ago, christinanade said:

Usually never a problem for you lot over at the Paisley stadium, plenty of empty seats.

It's a landslip issue. We obviously levelled everything out to begin with but the land underneath has moved. I believe we have spent a fair whack trying to fix it since then to no avail but I may be mistaken on that.

What we need is a new stadium.........................

36 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

He was also claiming that the crossbar was level with half way up the corner flag.

He really should be put down.

If you needed proof (not that anyone does) of what an old boys club Scottish football coverage is it's this, he 'retired' at the end of last season, and not before time. Yet instead of opening up his position to a new competent reporter who earned the role they decide to keep inviting Young back as if he'd never been away so he can continue his witty banter with Miller, Ferguson, 'biscuits' and the other simpletons on the show. Richard Gordon deserves a medal for holding that rabble together and making it still sound reasonably organised and informative.

I think we need to pause for breath here, and consider that yesterday's game was always going to be difficult for us.  The St Mirren Board has recently backed Jack Ross to the tune of a pretty substantial turnaround in the playing staff, which on paper looks to be of better quality.  Given that fact, and their league position, it was no surprise that they well up for it, far too well in the case of Craig Storie.

The much maligned Carswell has been excellent for us recently, but Saints never allowed him and Sparky any time in the midfield, and I reckoned Saints were worth their half-time lead; having said that, we lost Darren Barr early on and Lang's rawness was instrumental in the goal.  Second-half we were much improved and the draw was a fair outcome, so full credit to our guys for a dogged shift with two enforced substitutions.  But someone needs to tell young Lang to keep it simple.

There a lot of nonsense around suggesting Saints are all but down, but I think there's a lot to play for yet as I expect them to start gathering points soon at other teams' expense.  With a free Saturday next week we need to get everyone fit for what will be another battle against Ayr.

11 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Having read a lot of the threads on here it looks as though I'm the only Morton fan looking, worryingly, over their shoulder. No one, as yet, has mentioned that after yesterday's results the skunks have closed the gap to only 23 points.

images (1).jpg

images (42).jpg

Really can't stay away can you?

If you needed proof (not that anyone does) of what an old boys club Scottish football coverage is it's this, he 'retired' at the end of last season, and not before time. Yet instead of opening up his position to a new competent reporter who earned the role they decide to keep inviting Young back as if he'd never been away so he can continue his witty banter with Miller, Ferguson, 'biscuits' and the other simpletons on the show. Richard Gordon deserves a medal for holding that rabble together and making it still sound reasonably organised and informative.

He's like a wart on the dick of Scottish fitba.

You just can't get rid of the pest, just when you think he's gone for good he comes back again. Someone freeze the wee p***k, pick him like a scab and flick him straight into the sea.

Archived