Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

Guest Bob Mahelp

Oh, and by the way, the only result that really counted today was a weakened Scotland team losing Fiji.

And why were they weakened ? 

We;;, partly due to injury, but also because that fat c*nt Gatland chose to drag a few of our moist important players into the Lions squad to do nothinh else apart from carry the kit bag into the dressing room .

If the SRU had any balls at all....and they don't....they should have told Gatland to f*ck right off.

What's more important ? Building a bright new Scotland team under an exciting young coach, or supplying bit players to a failed concept simply to keep the southern media happy ??

The only thing that counts is the future of Scottish rugby. Not the f*cking Lions.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any Scot who calls the Lions 'we' needs a f*cking reality check.
Have some fucking self-respect.
I respect the principle of the Lions, but I refuse to accept an inherent bias that determines that Scottish players...no matter what evidence....are always going to be undervalued because they pull on a blue jersey rather  a white, red or green one.
And because of that, Gatland and the rest of them, and the Lions, can get to absolute f*ck. 
Mon the All Blacks.

This.. just this.
Saltires in the crowd. People on here. Have some fukin self respect. Some of our players have been professionally insulted and undermined.....
Heh... but keep supporting this farce

Any Scot who calls the Lions 'we' needs a f*cking reality check.
Have some fucking self-respect.
I respect the principle of the Lions, but I refuse to accept an inherent bias that determines that Scottish players...no matter what evidence....are always going to be undervalued because they pull on a blue jersey rather  a white, red or green one.
And because of that, Gatland and the rest of them, and the Lions, can get to absolute f*ck. 
Mon the All Blacks.

This.. just this.
Saltires in the crowd. People on here. Have some fukin self respect. Some of our players have been professionally insulted and undermined.....
Heh... but keep supporting this farce

The immaturity is absolutely pishing out of these two posts.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

The immaturity is absolutely pishing out of these two posts.

Explain why. 

Explain why. 

Because they're the very definition of 'toys out the pram' behaviour.

I'm not in any way talking about the rugby merits of the team or even the squad (as I simply don't know enough about rugby).

I'm also not in any way criticising any Scottish rugby fan who doesn't really care for this lions team. But the way you dismiss it is really fucking crass.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Because they're the very definition of 'toys out the pram' behaviour.

I'm not in any way talking about the rugby merits of the team or even the squad (as I simply don't know enough about rugby).

I'm also not in any way criticising any Scottish rugby fan who doesn't really care for this lions team. But the way you dismiss it is really fucking crass.

I've been to pretty much every Scotland rugby game home and away for around 10 years now (far east and South African tours aside), and have a season ticket for Glasgow Rugby.

And you're telling me that my opinion of the Lions isn't valid. I'm wondering why.

I've been to pretty much every Scotland rugby game home and away for around 10 years now (far east and South African tours aside), and have a season ticket for Glasgow Rugby.
And you're telling me that my opinion of the Lions isn't valid. I'm wondering why.

You're wondering why? What exactly are you suggesting? (I genuinely don't know what I'm being accused of here)

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. But your dismissal of other people's opinions is embarrassing.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'd also point out that nz as a country has a huge Scottish migrant population. The diaspora.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some (or even most) of those punters with saltires were All Black fans.

Possibly, but I doubt it. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, pandarilla said:

You're wondering why? What exactly are you suggesting? (I genuinely don't know what I'm being accused of here)

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. But your dismissal of other people's opinions is embarrassing.

For around 20 years now, Scots have been the equivalent of small print when it comes to Lions tours. More than often, justifiably. 

Not this time. No Scots is a 23 man squad is simply the blinkered choice of a coaching squad who simply refuse to acknowledge that Scottish players can actually be good enough....despite the evidence before their eyes when Scotland destroyed Wales a couple of months ago. 

I've no doubt you believe I'm wrong, but any Scot who calls a team with absolutely no Scots...'we'.....is a raving idiot, 

Sorry if you're a raving idiot.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Careful. You're one response away from being accused of being 'servile'...

Not from me.

I'm simply interested why anyone would support a composite side where Scottish players have been ignored completely. 

For around 20 years now, Scots have been the equivalent of small print when it comes to Lions tours. More than often, justifiably. 
Not this time. No Scots is a 23 man squad is simply the blinkered choice of a coaching squad who simply refuse to acknowledge that Scottish players can actually be good enough....despite the evidence before their eyes when Scotland destroyed Wales a couple of months ago. 
I've no doubt you believe I'm wrong, but any Scot who calls a team with absolutely no Scots...'we'.....is a raving idiot, 

How many of the last 20 years have Scottish players merited inclusion in a lions first team?

There's no doubt there's been a huge resurgence in recent years and gatlin obviously doesn't buy into that.

I'd love to see more Scots in the team but to simply give up on it just because there isn't is a little petty.

You've not told me what you're accusing be of yet?

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

How many of the last 20 years have Scottish players merited inclusion in a lions first team?

There's no doubt there's been a huge resurgence in recent years and gatlin obviously doesn't buy into that.

I'd love to see more Scots in the team but to simply give up on it just because there isn't is a little petty.

I'm not accusing you of anything. You reacted to my post, remember.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I hate to be pedantic but not ignored 'completely'.

How many Scots were in the 23 man squad today ?

I'm not accusing you of anything. You reacted to my post, remember.

I thought you were insinuating something in the post below. If you weren't then I apologise.

28 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Bob already acknowledges that more often than not the Scots haven`t merited being more than small print. You are both in agreement there.

The current coach has chosen not to include many Scots. I doubt many were surprised by that but it beggars belief that the likes of J Gray aren`t part of the squad. 

16 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Not from me.

I'm simply interested why anyone would support a composite side where Scottish players have been ignored completely. 

It wasn't a dig at you personally. It's a word that seems to get thrown about a fair bit in this topic as well as the other rugby topic. It's also a word I hate. A bit like 'bizarre', it's rarely used appropriately (cracking grammar there from me). 

Archived