Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Tommy is top try scorer for tour n BBC guys are saying north should be considered for test side....

Sky commentators saying the same. 

Lions blew that game because he couldn't make changes after calling up the Welsh shite.
Utter shambles.

Yip. You have to put on fresh legs when you go a man down at that stage. Gatland only has himself to blame for being unable to.

Lions blew that game because he couldn't make changes after calling up the Welsh shite.
Utter shambles.

Exactly. Knew the schedule of games but didn't take it into account for squad selection....gatland has destroyed his reputation on this tour.

What chance to we have. The clown mcgeehan picks his 23 for Saturday at end of match. And he puts fukin Jack Nowell in squad and no mention of Seymour. It's a fukin joke

It's a fairly wide consensus though. It's not as if they are playing centres on the wing. Seymour is scoring tries, but he doesn't have the power of North or the flair of the English wings.

From a Warrior's perspective Gibbins looked very good for the Hurricanes.

I've not seen all of the games, but from what I've saw Nowell has done nothing imo to justify being near the test team.

I suppose my annoyance is that the Irish pundits and the Welsh pundits always seem to big their players up slightly; yet the so called Scots never do this. It's cringy

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

From a Warrior's perspective Gibbins looked very good for the Hurricanes.

I've not seen all of the games, but from what I've saw Nowell has done nothing imo to justify being near the test team.

Nowell looks good in the Premiership because he regularly gets mismatches against the fat boys, that simply doesn't happen in NZ. He'd have been a great shout if the tour was in SA, but it's not. His defence also got badly shown up by Ioane against the Blues.

He's a typical English flavour-of-the-month type. Read Abendanon, Cipriani, either Armitage brother, Manu Tuilagi.

I'd have Seymour over nowell any day of the week. Tbh I wouldn't have nowell ahead of the likes of may and brown in the England set up. It's pretty odd that the top try scorer for the entire tour isn't in the mix for the tests....but then this is a pretty odd tour.

Nowell looks good in the Premiership because he regularly gets mismatches against the fat boys, that simply doesn't happen in NZ. He'd have been a great shout if the tour was in SA, but it's not. His defence also got badly shown up by Ioane against the Blues.
He's a typical English flavour-of-the-month type. Read Abendanon, Cipriani, either Armitage brother, Manu Tuilagi.

Agree. He's pretty limited as a player. He is however a crash ball merchant so entirely the sort of player gatland likes.

Why replacements weren't brought on during Henderson yellow I will never know. I think the hurricanes deserved the win u have rarely been impressed by the Lions as certain players have not stepped up.

Unless Finn makes the next two tests match day 23 what a waste of time and effort to bring him on the tour.

Archived