Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Why replacements weren't brought on during Henderson yellow I will never know. I think the hurricanes deserved the win u have rarely been impressed by the Lions as certain players have not stepped up.

Unless Finn makes the next two tests match day 23 what a waste of time and effort to bring him on the tour.

Gatland decided the criticism he got for devaluing the jersey was correct so he named subs that he never intended to use. Absolutely bizarre.

The Lions were getting hammered in the final minutes and only the neck roll call saved them.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gatland decided the criticism he got for devaluing the jersey was correct so he named subs that he never intended to use. Absolutely bizarre.
The Lions were getting hammered in the final minutes and only the neck roll call saved them.

I didn't think it was even a neck roll but there you go. Gatland is a knob

I'd have Seymour over nowell any day of the week. Tbh I wouldn't have nowell ahead of the likes of may and brown in the England set up. It's pretty odd that the top try scorer for the entire tour isn't in the mix for the tests....but then this is a pretty odd tour.

This. Fwiw I like Nowell, but he has his limitations.

In a tour that everyone is clamouring for more offence from the Lions the fact that the top try scorer isn't even getting in any conversations except folk talking about his perceived weaknesses. is ridiculous. Don't worry though wee Geech and the other boys say North should be back in because four years ago he did quite well.

Is that the same for the other injury midweek guys

Gatland said when they joined up that they would all be sent home after the game today. Was the interview when he openly admitted they were picked for geography rather than quality.

Gatland said when they joined up that they would all be sent home after the game today. Was the interview when he openly admitted they were picked for geography rather than quality.

Now that they are there they would be better staying until at least after Saturday. Unless Gatland had a crystal ball and can predict who gets injured.

The biggest bugbear with the Seymour vs Nowell debate is that Tommy's perceived defensive weaknesses always get brought up, yet Nowell has been one of the worst defenders on tour but that never gets a mention.

Now that they are there they would be better staying until at least after Saturday. Unless Gatland had a crystal ball and can predict who gets injured.

The biggest bugbear with the Seymour vs Nowell debate is that Tommy's perceived defensive weaknesses always get brought up, yet Nowell has been one of the worst defenders on tour but that never gets a mention.

When you look at Tommy Seymour tries he has done the simple things right. His support run for Laidlaw was simple but well executed. He reads the game well he has had try saving tackles and he has always been there in support whether that's for a pass or when he near the breakdown. He is on form as well which George North is not despite his try

Similarly there's barely been a whisper about how poor Liam Williams has been. Had either Seymour or hogg sold that try in the test to reiko there would have been an almighty furore.

Similarly there's barely been a whisper about how poor Liam Williams has been. Had either Seymour or hogg sold that try in the test to reiko there would have been an almighty furore.

Totally. I mean Williams didn't even get a hand on ball. It dropped right through the middle of his hands.. bit like a 2yr old trying to catch a ball. It was a shocking error...... yet never mentioned

North > Seymour. Seymour has made his case for the bench. If the midweek squad is worth anything at all, he'll be there. Henderson has no complaints if he's omitted completely. I'd be stunned if Halfpenny isn't the fullback for the next test. I'd be disappointed if Seymour isn't on the bench.

FWIW I don't care if there aren't any Scottish players - I'm actually fairly pessimistic that these players are all that good minus Cotter, but am quite happy to be proven wrong. The Scotland players missed out because Gatland agrees, sadly. The 50/50 calls went with Welsh guys, which is what I'd expect to happen. If Townsend was the coach, those calls would have gone to Scottish players, and so forth. I think there's a fabulous Lions team that could be made with that precise squad and a more adventurous coach.

Totally. I mean Williams didn't even get a hand on ball. It dropped right through the middle of his hands.. bit like a 2yr old trying to catch a ball. It was a shocking error...... yet never mentioned

Why would it be mentioned, he started off "one of the great lions tries".

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I think there's a fabulous Lions team that could be made with that precise squad and a more adventurous coach.

This is my bugbear and why I haven't bothered much with this tour.

Gatland's comments today are completely embarrassing. The game today was drawn in part by his ego and worries about the media.

Alan tait on BBC website has given gatland some stick over pissing Russell n dell about. Has correctly made point that he can ride it out if lions win tour but it'll explode in his face if they don't

Alan tait on BBC website has given gatland some stick over pissing Russell n dell about. Has correctly made point that he can ride it out if lions win tour but it'll explode in his face if they don't

I do believe that this tour has damaged his reputation. I realise new Zealand is a fortress when it comes to rugby union but so many of those midweek games have been touch and go.

Letting a 14 point lead slip because he didn't want to devalue the shirt is devaluing the shirt in my opinion.

Team selection has been from time to time a little bit off. From initial tour party to the call ups to match selection. Match selection alone for someone who know the players and sees them more than the common fan his combinations don't seem great.

His post match interviews have shown him up to be a knob that thinks he knows best.

The decision to not give dell or Russell meaningful game time for them to grow as players has now finally turned me against gatland. He has brought those players from a good environment in the Scotland camp to a lions team where they was doomed not to play from the beginning.

I support the Lions but I do not support gatland..

I do believe that this tour has damaged his reputation. I realise new Zealand is a fortress when it comes to rugby union but so many of those midweek games have been touch and go.

Letting a 14 point lead slip because he didn't want to devalue the shirt is devaluing the shirt in my opinion.

Team selection has been from time to time a little bit off. From initial tour party to the call ups to match selection. Match selection alone for someone who know the players and sees them more than the common fan his combinations don't seem great.

His post match interviews have shown him up to be a knob that thinks he knows best.

The decision to not give dell or Russell meaningful game time for them to grow as players has now finally turned me against gatland. He has brought those players from a good environment in the Scotland camp to a lions team where they was doomed not to play from the beginning.

I support the Lions but I do not support gatland..

Yep nz press are rinsing gatland now and the UK media will do the same if the next two tests go as expected. Dunno how long his Wales contract will last but he's gonna have some job finding a new one after it.

Yep nz press are rinsing gatland now and the UK media will do the same if the next two tests go as expected. Dunno how long his Wales contract will last but he's gonna have some job finding a new one after it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he returned to club rugby within 12 months.

I wouldn't be surprised if he returned to club rugby within 12 months.

Guess it depends how long he's contracted to Wales. Welsh fans still seem keen to defend him but if he had any mad ideas about inheriting the nz job they have gone.

Guess it depends how long he's contracted to Wales. Welsh fans still seem keen to defend him but if he had any mad ideas about inheriting the nz job they have gone.

Yes and no. I live in bridgend south Wales and it's more of a they respect him for the grand slams and 6 nations titles he has led them too. There are many that feel a change is required and many that I think if Wales were to have another poor 6 nations then I think he be out with a shake of the hand

Archived