Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking forward to this tour up until Gatland was appointed coach. Feared the worst after that and even more with the comments he made after Toony knocked back the massive opportunity to set out the cones. It was obvious from then on that Scottish players would probably only play a periphal part, even after gubbing Wales in the 6N.

If I wake up early tomorrow I'll watch it but I won't be setting an alarm for it. If there had been a couple of Scots involved then I probably would have made a point of getting up.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

' complete indifference' is too mild.  My only interest in this tour is for it to be finished.  I have a sense of regret.  I used to love Lions' Tours.

Me too. They used to be up there with the world cup for me, possibly better. Remember my dad waking me up in the middle of the night for the 89 and 93 tours. The 97 tour was an absolute classic, and I really enjoyed 01 as well. I remember everyone being right behind them, it really was 4 teams coming together. I used to love the fact you got the biased home team commentary as well, rather than the English/Welsh shite now, which is just as bad, only it makes you hate the team you're supposed to be supporting instead.

Back then, Australia and South Africa were really good teams as well. It took something really special to beat them on their own patch. One of the worst things to happen to the Lions recently was Gatland's shiters eventually managing to overpower one of the worst Aussie teams in living memory.

Not sure if it's hit the UK media much but McGeechan collapsed earlier at the Westpac Stadium however the latest is he's in a stable condition in Wellington hospital.

Sir Ian McGeechan has been rushed to hospital after collapsing at the Westpac stadium.

Not sure if it's hit the UK media much but McGeechan collapsed earlier at the Westpac Stadium however the latest is he's in a stable condition in Wellington hospital.

It was mentioned at the start of the coverage on Sky (I seen it on The New Zealand Herald Facebook page complete with an argument about God in the comments).

I see the Lions have been practicing a new offload move.  They used the same movement about eight times in that passage of play.    Excellent start from both the pack and the backs, so far, it must be said.  I give it about twenty minutes until New Zealand figure it out, but promising.,

I see the Lions have been practicing a new offload move.  They used the same movement about eight times in that passage of play.    Excellent start from both the pack and the backs, so far, it must be said.  I give it about twenty minutes until New Zealand figure it out, but promising.,

Give it 12 minutes - they've already figured it out.

Lions are playing well. Right in this game. New Zealand made a lot of errors so far, and they aren't getting away with the usual cheating at the breakdown. Mind you, one of the impressive things about the ABs is how once they got pinged, they just stopped doing it.

Archived