Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely looked like a red on the replay but would like to have seen it at normal speed again. Slow-mo always make things look intentional. 

Yeah I don't think there was anything deliberate about it but very careless.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You have to look at the speed of the incident, and the fact that Watson effectively ducked at the last second. 

Rugby shouldn't become football. That was a yellow card.

I think that's staggering.  I think the speed of the incident makes it worse, and I think Watson isn't ducking at all.  But, whatever, Sexton's going to muck up position anyway. Finn Russell would be precisely the stand off the Lions need right now.

No problem with that being a red tbh. Seen that given as a yellow before but sbw knew what he was doing n ref was perfectly entitled to go red. Surprised the ref/tmo didn't run the clip full speed but still just about a red. Would be a full minter if lions can't beat 14.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I think that's staggering.  I think the speed of the incident makes it worse, and I think Watson isn't ducking at all.  But, whatever, Sexton's going to muck up position anyway. Finn Russell would be precisely the stand off the Lions need right now.

I don't care if you think it's staggering or not. 

Watson is back on the pitch and there was no serious injury. If rugby turns into football then the game is fucked.

Garces is ruining this game...looks like he wants to be the main show.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

It was one of the clearest red cards you'll ever see. The only thing remotely surprising about it is that the ref had the bottle to send off an All Black. A Tongan or Samoan would be sent off for that every time and given a lengthy ban.

My reservation on finn would be him trying to overplay in his own half in this weather but he could certainly exploit a natural overlap

1 minute ago, dogmc said:

Amazed commentators haven't mentioned Liam Williams failing to field a single high ball after all the bullshit about hoggs © 'defensive liability'.

I was thinking that as well. Williams has been awful.

It was one of the clearest red cards you'll ever see. The only thing remotely surprising about it is that the ref had the bottle to send off an All Black. A Tongan or Samoan would be sent off for that every time and given a lengthy ban.

A Tongan would. Samoa get away with lots of that pish especially off the ball. No idea why. Infuriates me every time we play them.

Archived