Blast From The Past!

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Does anyone remember the weird rumour that you could get free calls by tapping the digits of the telephone number on hang up button?

Image result for touch tone phone

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not certain if it was free but you could definitely tap out the number that way. Hard to do without messing up, especially with a few zeros.

We used to have a phone lock on our rotary dial up phone, it did not stop us from calling our friends when my mum used a lock on them. We just used the hook up to phone them although sometimes we phoned the wrong number. :lol:

rotary-phone-dial-lock-new-in-package-ol

5 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

We used to have a phone lock on our rotary dial up phone, it did not stop us from calling our friends when my mum used a lock on them. We just used the hook up to phone them although sometimes we phoned the wrong number. :lol:

rotary-phone-dial-lock-new-in-package-ol

I vaguely remember trying it in a call box and the pips went when I got through, ie  put money in. It was easier just to phone the operator and tell her you'd put 50p in and it swallowed the money and cut you off.

Edited by welshbairn

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I vaguely remember trying it in a call box and the pips went when I got through, ie  put money in. It was easier just to phone the operator and tell her you'd put 50p in and it swallowed the money and cut you off.

Yip, done that. :lol: "Hi operator, my money has just been swallowed up by the machine".

25 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

At school back in the late 80s we used these ancient BBC computers..

_83919116_img_5967.jpg

Same ones we used in the early 80's and late 70's by the way?, school funding problems eh?, is up there with text books that were printed back in the 60's. :lol:

3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Same ones we used in the early 80's and late 70's by the way?, school funding problems eh?, is up there with text books that were printed back in the 60's. :lol:

Oor school had a couple of 'computers' linked up to black and white monitors, used to be a mental rush to get a colour one.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Oor school had a couple of 'computers' linked up to black and white monitors, used to be a mental rush to get a colour one.

How we were dazzled by typing in a program which flashed your name in different colours and speeds, and I accidentally hit the green arrow by the way. :lol: