Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Hope you're talking about Cairney babysitting Docherty, watched Ayr about 15 times this season and yet to see him complete more than 3 passes in a game. Cairney been far superior and the stats don't lie.

Different roles. Doc is a stopper nothing else. Cairney is meant to be our play maker. I have failed to see him do anything but run about like a child looking for the ice cream van and tripping over the kerb when he finally sees it. To quote trump, not a good signing 

Different roles. Doc is a stopper nothing else. Cairney is meant to be our play maker. I have failed to see him do anything but run about like a child looking for the ice cream van and tripping over the kerb when he finally sees it. To quote trump, not a good signing 

Doc is not a stopper. He dictates the play, and determines the tempo of the team. He needs a stopper /destroyer type alongside him.

Both wrong about Cairney and Docherty. Two of our better players. Also I never trust our preview now considering we always seem to have someone extra out on top of what it says.

I've not seen enough of cairney but what role would you say doc fills?

I've not seen enough of cairney but what role would you say doc fills?

Didn't mean you were wrong, was more to do with the Cairney and Docherty both being poor.

I don't disagree with what you're saying but still think he breaks up play very well for us. Think the performances without him have summed this up.

Didn't mean you were wrong, was more to do with the Cairney and Docherty both being poor.

I don't disagree with what you're saying but still think he breaks up play very well for us. Think the performances without him have summed this up.

I've not seen any of our games recently I have to admit. I just remember at the start of the season I saw teams bully our midfield. I like doc and hoped Adams would be the ideal partner. But it seems like he's not coping at this level.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Hope you're talking about Cairney babysitting Docherty, watched Ayr about 15 times this season and yet to see him complete more than 3 passes in a game. Cairney been far superior and the stats don't lie.

What stats are those pray tell? Cairney has been poor for weeks, Docherty far more consistent.

Since you mentioned it, I've watched Ayr 34 times this season... but it's not a competition. :P

No it is. You also get points if you highlight that you've said something before. Doc is a defensive midfielder. If anyone is looking for anything else from him then it's little wonder the cattle constantly bray from the terraces in disappointment. To save meltdown, IMO

No it is. You also get points if you highlight that you've said something before. Doc is a defensive midfielder. If anyone is looking for anything else from him then it's little wonder the cattle constantly bray from the terraces in disappointment. To save meltdown, IMO

He gets brushed aside far, far too easily to be a defensive midfielder.

Deep lying? Definitely. But defending his not his strength imo (but yes I'm very much a part time supporter I'm afraid). He knits our play together with nice wee passes. He creates space for other players and tries to start off our attacks.

I know panda but that is his remit. Our team are tiny and that's why I agree with itzdrk re having an absolute weapon in beside him is our best option. Gilmour harkins Forrest cairney are IMO the boys that are meant to make it happen. Doc Adams Crawford are the makaleles. 

Ive been very impressed with young mcguffie and I'd have him in ahead of cairney. I also believe we should all out attack now but this is not a popular opinion on here nor with our manager but as a member of p and b I just post anyway 

7 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:
  • Paisley Ton3 points will move Dumbarton just about out of St Mirren's reach or require St Mirren to have to beat Ayr twice in the run in to realistically catch them.
  • Gold Members
  • 26 posts
  • My Team : Greenock Morton

So your biggest concern is St Mirren? Bit obsessive if you ask me.

We've been playing without a forward line all season, so I struggle to see how anyone can make much of a valued judgement on Cairney or Docherty.  Certainly, Cairney looks much better when played centrally. Docherty is patently a holding midfielder, so expecting him to be a playmaker or Lampard-esque midfield goal scorer is a tad unrealistic.

Our standard selection tomorrow.

Fleming, gallacher and vaughan starting from the bench.

Andy Stirling to score a worldy just because Andy Stirling.

Also, Nads gonna Nads.

4-1 sons. Bucky, andy, tommo, nads and gaz. Forrest for ayr.

Cairney is our second top goalscorer with 4, behind Forrest, 6, but a few penalties consist of that 6. He's more effective in the middle of the park instead of the wing, as is Harkins. Playing is hard enough without being played out of position. A run in their favoured positions would see a better performance. The problem is we've too many players that play in the centre of the park.

Archived