Dumbarton V Ayr United 18/2/17

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Win our next 3 games, Sons away and home to St Mirren & Raith and we should be safe too.

You really think 5 points ahead of ourselves and Raith (assuming we both lost all the games in that period) would make you safe? Maybe safe of the automatic places, but certainly not safe from the relegation battle with 10ish games remaining.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really think 5 points ahead of ourselves and Raith (assuming we both lost all the games in that period) would make you safe? Maybe safe of the automatic places, but certainly not safe from the relegation battle with 10ish games remaining.

Technically not safe but if we did win 3 on the bounce then I would feel very confident that St Mirren would be down and that we would finish 8th at worst.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Technically not safe but if we did win 3 on the bounce then I would feel very confident that St Mirren would be down and that we would finish 8th at worst.

Of course if that were the case then you would be firm favourites but I really believe this will go all the way down to the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season, at least.

Any win in this division is a good win, and the difference getting three points makes is enormous; we only need look at Queens' recent form, not stellar performances for the most part but racking up points to shoot up the table.

This has been a tough division this season, with lots of draws and very few doings of any kind, with little to suggest that trend will alter all that much.  The joker in the pack though might be St Mirren II - they may be a different proposition from here on in.

Saturday will be interesting, but I would totally discount the Cup replay having much bearing on the outcome.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Any win in this division is a good win, and the difference getting three points makes is enormous; we only need look at Queens' recent form, not stellar performances for the most part but racking up points to shoot up the table.

This has been a tough division this season, with lots of draws and very few doings of any kind, with little to suggest that trend will alter all that much.  The joker in the pack though might be St Mirren II - they may be a different proposition from here on in.

Saturday will be interesting, but I would totally discount the Cup replay having much bearing on the outcome.

Bit of a stretch but an Ayr win on Saturday and they are very close to absolutely fucked.  

10 points + behind everyone, play us the week after, if they fail to beat us big problems, 2 of their next 3 are Hibs and Dundee United id obviously be surprised to see them take anything off them. By that stage its the middle of March and 8 games to play. 

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Bit of a stretch but an Ayr win on Saturday and they are very close to absolutely fucked.  

10 points + behind everyone, play us the week after, if they fail to beat us big problems, 2 of their next 3 are Hibs and Dundee United id obviously be surprised to see them take anything off them. By that stage its the middle of March and 8 games to play. 

If Ayr win on Saturday and we fail to beat them next week then even the most optimistic Saints fan would need to admit we are doomed.

23 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Dumbarton having not player in 2 weeks could easily see them being rusty, a long break is not necessarily a good thing. I'd like to see ys go 433, with a McDaid and Moore either side of Farid, providing some pace and width in our attack.

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni Meggat Boyle 

Doc Cairney Adams

Moore Farid McDaid

Subs: Hart, Rose, Murphy, Crawford, Forrest, McGuffie, McKenzie

This is the team I would go with, genuinely excited to see what Moore and Farid can do together. 

This is a bigger game for us than it is Dumbarton, lose this and we'll be 7 points behind and I think we can rule out catching them. 

I don't think Adams should be anywhere near this team, it's only a matter of time before he's sent off and leaves us in the shit. Unless McCall gets him sorted and to control his rash behavior.

Is Crawford not fit for this weekend?

50 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Must be all ticket this one surely

Surely not.

If Moore and Farid are available to start it poses some interesting questions for McCall.

Does he move away from his usual narrow four in midfield with Harkins supporting the striker? If so, how does Harkins fit into the team?

I think he's quite a conservative manager and wouldn't be surprised to see Moore start with Farid on the bench.

Ayr fans talking about crowd sizes is an interesting twist. Them and Dunfermline are at it it quite a bit. Is that what spending time in the diddy leagues does to you? Obviously it was so long ago for us I can't remember if it was something we took part in.

Ayr fans talking about crowd sizes is an interesting twist. Them and Dunfermline are at it it quite a bit. Is that what spending time in the diddy leagues does to you? Obviously it was so long ago for us I can't remember if it was something we took part in.

Yawn just think how bad your crowds will get when you get relegated.

Archived