Raith v Hibs

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, LondonHibsFan said:

If our defence conceded more we'd be fucked. :lol:

Ah well, shocking performance but 7 clear. Whatever happens on Wednesday we need to get our heads focused on getting ourselves over the finishing line in the league.

The same could be said for every team on earth.

Very little in the game, pretty poor viewing overall, especially the first-half. Foantaine, Keatings and Graham all had shockers. Keeper and Bartley didn't look too clever either.

Absolute worldy from Stevenson, ex-Hearts player v hibs effect with that one, if it had been Skacel I think I'd have actually laughed out loud, good free-kick from Cummings, did absolutely nothing aside from that but that is what he's there to do. Hibs had plenty of opportunities to win the game but the final ball was lacking every time. 

Referee was pretty shite for both sides, why every single team in the league smashes high balls down M'Voto's throat is beyond me, Ainsworth not starting was a weird one as well, especially given that Rovers have shown time and time again this season that they simply cannot deal with pacey, skillful teams who keep the ball on the deck.

Looked a blatant pen from where I was sitting in the first half on Graham, would need to see the one on Holt in the second again though.

Great day for United. Rovers fans will be encouraged by this performance, but it is still a home draw and not a win since October.

Just now, TheMessiah said:

Very little in the game, pretty poor viewing overall, especially the first-half. Foantaine, Keatings and Graham all had shockers. Keeper and Bartley didn't look too clever either.

Absolute worldy from Stevenson, ex-Hearts player v hibs effect with that one, if it had been Skacel I think I'd have actually laughed out loud, good free-kick from Cummings, did absolutely nothing aside from that but that is what he's there to do. Hibs had plenty of opportunities to win the game but the final ball was lacking every time. 

Referee was pretty shite for both sides, why every single team in the league smashes high balls down M'Voto's throat is beyond me, Ainsworth not starting was a weird one as well, especially given that Rovers have shown time and time again this season that they simply cannot deal with pacey, skillful teams who keep the ball on the deck.

Looked a blatant pen from where I was sitting in the first half on Graham, would need to see the one on Holt in the second again though.

Great day for United. Rovers fans will be encouraged by this performance, but it is still a home draw and not a win since October.

Not as weird as a Motherwell player turning up at a Hibs game and getting to start IMO.

2 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Anyone heard Lennon's interview yet? Raging is an understatement

Just heard it, I hope to f**k he doesn't get  Butcheresque response from the players.

I also hope he noticed what a cracker Jason scored and has him down first every week from now on in.

If we had proper full backs in that first half I feel we could of got ahead sooner. Good fight from the team. Take in Benny is injured as went right down the tunnel ! What a goal from Stevenson pleased for him as he gets a hard time on here but I think he has actually been one of our better players. Looking forward to the next time

Honestly if we go up as champions then there will be few sides over history who have won promotion playing the majority of their games so poorly.

People keep saying Lennon gets results but the truth is it's becoming unbelievably frustrating to watch us week in, week out. We don't look like losing games but at the same time we're doing almost nothing to win them and relying on set pieces and the odd piece of magic from Cummings or McGinn to get us the three points in matches.

Not good enough, I don't think Lennon has a long-term future at this club

1 minute ago, Hibernia said:

Honestly if we go up as champions then there will be few sides over history who have won promotion playing the majority of their games so poorly.

People keep saying Lennon gets results but the truth is it's becoming unbelievably frustrating to watch us week in, week out. We don't look like losing games but at the same time we're doing almost nothing to win them and relying on set pieces and the odd piece of magic from Cummings or McGinn to get us the three points in matches.

Not good enough, I don't think Lennon has a long-term future at this club

Someone hit the nail on the head the other week with Lennon: He'll get us promoted, but isn't the best choice to help us push on in the Premiership

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

No offence to the Raith lads but I'd genuinely kill myself if I stayed here. I'm in the Raven and I'm sure everycunt is related.

I was sitting in traffic on Pratt street after the game and this big bearded ding walked up to a car, shouted "YAAASSS" and fucked off.

I don't even think he was at the game.

6 minutes ago, sonicsco said:

If we had proper full backs in that first half I feel we could of got ahead sooner. Good fight from the team. Take in Benny is injured as went right down the tunnel ! What a goal from Stevenson pleased for him as he gets a hard time on here but I think he has actually been one of our better players. Looking forward to the next time

Stevenson has been nowhere near as bad as some have made out. Being a Gary Locke signing wasn't helping any good will come his way but a few more decent performances and he'll be well thought of I reckon.

Much better today but dare I say that the three subs coming on at the same time halted any momentum that we had after our goal?..

5 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I'd like to see Keatings and Cummings up top as a two instead of any of the big men. It's awful watching the ball getting punted up there. Boyle and Humphrey wide with McGinn and Fyvie in the middle.

Absolutely, Keatings is wasted as an attacking midfielder. These "big lump alongside Cummings" partnerships are an absolute waste.

Should have started with wingers today, long balls to a target man are bread and butter stuff for a defender like M'voto (who was fantastic once again I must say)

Just now, TheMessiah said:

Who are these 'pacy, skillful teams who keep the ball on the deck'? I must have missed those matches. 

That was a poor game tbh with neither team looking particularly great, that said a draw when your 8th against a team running away with the league isn't a bad point. Absolute worldie goal to boot. 

Interesting to see how Hughes gets us playing in the next few weeks in what are games we should realistically have a chance of picking up a fair few points. 

12 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

It was never a penalty.Graham should have been booked for simulation

Decent first half from us,pressed high,won most second balls,looked organised.Second half disappointing slipped back into Locke mode at times.A triple substitution by Yogi changed our game for me and unless it was due to injuries it was a strange decision.When was the last time Bobby Barr had a decent game?

Good point against a no more than an okay Hibs team

Archived