Motherwell v Dundee 25th of Feb

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it has been pissing down all night.

But due to go off and stay off at around 1pm. Couple of hours for the pitch to dry out and game on

This pitch is in much better nick than in years gone by when I would have been worried 

It will be fine

Time was this game would have no chance of going ahead today, such was the nick of our pitch. Fortunately though that's one thing the club have done right in recent times, sorting the park out.

Inverness result, as funny as it was, puts a bit more pressure on this.
No idea which Motherwell will turn up, but on the bright side, the tail end of the play-off season is one of the most exciting I can remember.
Depending on results elsewhere and looking at goal difference the best place we can be is 7th after today.

46 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Straight lines is boring as f**k,our groundsman would kick your groundsman baws any day of the week and still have time to slap your wee fuds in the corner about.

That's not a fair fight, over the years we've tended to have one of the best pitches in the country. Our groundsman Brian Robertson is and has been one of the best in the country since he's been at Dens, which must surely be 20+ year? Him and his son don't get near enough credit for the state of the art pitch that they continually provide us with.

It's especially impressive when you consider the state Tannadice's pitch is regularly in.

Mark McGhee is clearly the biggest walloper out, disliked by his current club and hated by his former clubs. 

If there was a dinner date arranged with Kim Jong Un, Assad and McGhee, I think you will find Kim and Assad will be washing their hair that night. 

So I have decided to blame Mark McGhee for everything wrong in the world today! 

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's not a fair fight, over the years we've tended to have one of the best pitches in the country. Our groundsman Brian Robertson is and has been one of the best in the country since he's been at Dens, which must surely be 20+ year? Him and his son don't get near enough credit for the state of the art pitch that they continually provide us with.

It's especially impressive when you consider the state Tannadice's pitch is regularly in.

I am sure there was a large square bog area at Dens last year that the players had to play around.

I am sure there was a large square bog area at Dens last year that the players had to play around.

True. That's the corner closest to Tannadump. It got infected by their shiteyness.

I always liked a trip to Fir Park. My missus, then GF, lived and worked in Larkhall for a while. (That was an experience). We generally hang out at my pad in Edinburgh (sounds nicer than it was) at the weekends but when we were playing the Well we'd stay over in Larkhall, walk the dog in Chatleraut and head to the Cricklewood for a few beers. Later on The late Ian Adams was a customer of mine and he'd usually treat us to hospo for the Dundee game. The John Boyle era was interesting, he is without doubt the campest person I've ever spoken to and he defo tones it down on TV or radio.

Anyway happy memories. Think this game could really define our season. 3 points and we could start to put some clear blue water between us and the drop. A defeat and its back to square one.

I'm saying 1 all.

23 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

True. That's the corner closest to Tannadump. It got infected by their shiteyness.

Iv had a look for the pic but cant find it, after the Doon derby a bit of the pitch in front of the away dugout was worn away and the pic showed this with the caption that went something like "Dens park pitch ruined by Mixu's salty tears." 

Thought it was hilarious!

Reading through this thread and the chat about our last 3 o'clock ko it dawned on me that was my last match.
After events on and off the pitch recently we are due a performance.

Score draw.

Archived