Stirling - Edinburgh City

On 23/02/2017 at 21:20, Edinburgh City by name said:

Ditto

You're quoting your own quotes now. lol (It looks like you forgot to sign out as 'Edinburgh City by name' and sign in with your other username 'Upfront' before quoting yourself)

Look, the thing is, contrary to popular belief, I've been told that people don't want to hear about Mr Blobby's adventures around the Scottish League 2 football grounds, riveting as it is (I know, shock horror!) They've told me that instead, all they want to know is what's happening with the Edinburgh City players. That happened way back in Issue 12, Page 4. The Terrace is to blame! They say they are bereft of information on Edinburgh City and all they know about the Citizens is what Ross Pilcher writes about them in the Edinburgh Evening News. 

All is not lost however, and I am reliably informed (tonight actually, although rather belatedly) that an exciting new development has occurred. Watch this space as they say. 

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 4 and 9 Year One Issue Twelve.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a forum after all and you are free to blether what you want about Mr Bobby or anyone else. How do you know Ouzys out for a couple of more weeks I presume from the horse's mouth but if I was Gary I'd be telling the players to tell you nowt in the future.
No other poster provides information on injuries, formations and who in your option is playing well or who isn't and I'm presuming you have not sussed out the reason why.

20 minutes ago, Edinburgh City by name said:

It's a forum after all and you are free to blether what you want about Mr Bobby or anyone else. How do you know Ouzys out for a couple of more weeks I presume from the horse's mouth but if I was Gary I'd be telling the players to tell you nowt in the future.
No other poster provides information on injuries, formations and who in your option is playing well or who isn't and I'm presuming you have not sussed out the reason why.

Obviously you haven't read 'How to Watch Football' by Ruud Gullit.  That's my case study. Week by week.

Go Tell The Spartans FC Page 8 and 5 Year One Issue  Thirteen (2).png

Everyone's a football expert these days. Bloody Alan Hansen and Andy Gray. 

well, I'm no football manager but I think my pre-match message would take into account the opposition, the stadium, weather conditions, tactics and some subtle psychology. So bascially something along the lines of 

58af6e2244a55_reddwarf.jpg.55b69a9ac0f530342474b8589c16c4db.jpg

Plenty of posters provide that sort of thing. What harm does it do? It unlikely that Dave Mackay is on here trying to find out information about the Edinburgh City players.

7 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Plenty of posters provide that sort of thing. What harm does it do? It unlikely that Dave Mackay is on here trying to find out information about the Edinburgh City players.

and I'd be disappointed if he wasn't!

58af719fc395a_davemckay.jpg.335e2427d89d84da87e856d8fcc935e5.jpg

Shite! If only I'd read that the big man was playing on P&B.... 

19 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

...and it's hardly unlikely that big John 'Pacino' Coughlin came on here after the Berwick Rangers v Edinburgh City New Years Derby after his 3-1 defeat and read that I suggested that to win back the Wee Gers dressing room he had to play them the 'Any Given Sunday' clip on You Tube. It's not as if they've had a miraculous recovery since then and gone on to destroy all before them and claw back every inch. 

No problem Dave, don't underestimate what you can learn on social media by the way. I'm sure clubs do their homework anyway and don't rely on P&B but certain things that they may be unsure about can be confirmed.

The message I'm putting to Mr Blobby is that he is not helping the club by what he's posting especially about the current injury list. Keep the opposition guessing don't help them prepare is all part of the game.

No problem Dave, don't underestimate what you can learn on social media by the way. I'm sure clubs do their homework anyway and don't rely on P&B but certain things that they may be unsure about can be confirmed.

The message I'm putting to Mr Blobby is that he is not helping the club by what he's posting especially about the current injury list. Keep the opposition guessing don't help them prepare is all part of the game.

Is Mr Blobby connected to the club or merely a fan? How does he get the info if he's the latter? Reading some of his posts ( and tam the bam had to inform him on the names of players) he doesn't seem to be closely connected to the players. Essentially then his info must be public domain for him to get it is what I'm saying.

He seems to be the only person on here looking to discuss Edinburgh City though so fair play for that- and as he said, most folk wanted to hear about city rather than the travels of Mr Blobby

Nothing wrong with discussing EC and as previously mentioned it is a forum. Where is Ouzy's injury in the public domain claiming he is out for another 2 weeks for example. Not read anything from Ross Pitcher in the EEN regarding this one unless it's going to be in today's column.

No idea what Blobby is saying because he posts so much shite I blocked him but get him told anyway.

Hendo hat-trick.

He's saying a players injured and that EC by name is going off on one because he posted it, apparently it gives us an advantage.

Nothing wrong with discussing EC and as previously mentioned it is a forum. Where is Ouzy's injury in the public domain claiming he is out for another 2 weeks for example. Not read anything from Ross Pitcher in the EEN regarding this one unless it's going to be in today's column.

This the same guy who posted a pic of a chat with osman last weekend? Gonna assume that he heard it straight from the horses mouth. Can't see what's wrong with that - unless the big striker explicitly told him not to.

We are talking about a guy who wondered where a city player had been all season and apparently he's been a coach all season !

Now, nobody tell Edinburgh city this news..

Team news: Our injury problems continue, with central defenders Ross McMillan and Frazer Wright ruled out. Midfielders Willie Robertson and Jack McCue are also sidelined, as is on-loan Hearts winger Callumn Morrison.

Now, nobody tell Edinburgh city this news..
Team news: Our injury problems continue, with central defenders Ross McMillan and Frazer Wright ruled out. Midfielders Willie Robertson and Jack McCue are also sidelined, as is on-loan Hearts winger Callumn Morrison.

Watch what your saying the Edinburgh manager might be on here, could give them an advantage [emoji51]

Archived