Forfar -vs- Montrose

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on.
I'm still struggling with people thinking Foxy was one of our best players today.

Love the guy but he really wasn't. Lucky he stayed on the park. First fouls was a spot on yellow, second I was fully expecting red.

Back 4 and Coxy, the rest were not good today

4 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Management deserves some credit for screwing this title from our grasp....

i enjoy the 2 man corners, they work really well especially when it gets cleared and we are 2 men down with Swankie last man...WTF??

Agree Grants kicking is a bombscare....what exactly is hard about kicking the ball down the poxy middle??

Coxy once again ran his guts out....others must look at him in shame!!

Thought Kerr and Sanny played really well and no doubt SP had them all psyched up for this....unlike our manager who prefers to say zilch.

Not looking good atm....there is a lack of desire right through the team and we need to sort it out very quickly.

So missed danny and malone in midfield....Peters doesn't do it for me...has to be Coxy and Lister next week.

I'll dissect this if that's ok?

We're top of the league, management took us to the top, bizarre that you now think they are "screwing" it from our grasp.

Why does any team, ever, ever, go with the short corner!  They invariably don't work.

Adam was kicking into a near 20 mph wind in the first half.  Any slight skew and the ball goes out.  What's wrong with the ball up the poxy middle?  Are you serious?  No half decent keeper ever kicks the ball up the middle; lose it and the opposition has both sides plus the middle to play the ball into, up the wings they are limited to where it goes which helps the defence.  Basic football knowledge.

Yep Coxy is clearly our most consistent and up-for-it players we have.  Others really ought to strive for that level of game play.

Kerr did feck all, completely marked out the game by our back four.  Sanny gave us a real headache in the first half, faded in the second (would still have him at Station Park).

We're still top of the league, and there is clearly a desire to win games, were you at Berwick last week?  10 men and we still wanted to push forward, both teams were looking for the win in that game, same as the Elgin game the week before.

Danny is a sad miss, really pissed off with one of the worst decisions by a ref last week robbing us of one of our best players this season.  Peters is a strange one. Lister is less mobile but more likely to cause problems, for those that say he's finished, for what little time he had on the park today he didn't make it easy for the Montrose defence.

Went to this game yesterday and this was a very poor game 3 shots on target between both teams no real derby atmosphere or desire on the pitch and the biggest conman who is stealing money from Forfar must be Swankie, on paper the best player on the pitch by a mile but seems completely uninterested. Believe me I know what it is to watch pish football just now with Brechin and that game was right up there it was rank. 

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Went to this game yesterday and this was a very poor game 3 shots on target between both teams no real derby atmosphere or desire on the pitch and the biggest conman who is stealing money from Forfar must be Swankie, on paper the best player on the pitch by a mile but seems completely uninterested. Believe me I know what it is to watch pish football just now with Brechin and that game was right up there it was rank. 

No arguments there, first game in a long time where I've left resenting the fact I paid £12 to watch that.

7 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I'll dissect this if that's ok?

We're top of the league, management took us to the top, bizarre that you now think they are "screwing" it from our grasp.

Why does any team, ever, ever, go with the short corner!  They invariably don't work.

Adam was kicking into a near 20 mph wind in the first half.  Any slight skew and the ball goes out.  What's wrong with the ball up the poxy middle?  Are you serious?  No half decent keeper ever kicks the ball up the middle; lose it and the opposition has both sides plus the middle to play the ball into, up the wings they are limited to where it goes which helps the defence.  Basic football knowledge.

Yep Coxy is clearly our most consistent and up-for-it players we have.  Others really ought to strive for that level of game play.

Kerr did feck all, completely marked out the game by our back four.  Sanny gave us a real headache in the first half, faded in the second (would still have him at Station Park).

We're still top of the league, and there is clearly a desire to win games, were you at Berwick last week?  10 men and we still wanted to push forward, both teams were looking for the win in that game, same as the Elgin game the week before.

Danny is a sad miss, really pissed off with one of the worst decisions by a ref last week robbing us of one of our best players this season.  Peters is a strange one. Lister is less mobile but more likely to cause problems, for those that say he's finished, for what little time he had on the park today he didn't make it easy for the Montrose defence.

Have to agree with this, it was a bad day at the office, as was last week, but everyone at our level has a dips in form during a season. There's not one man in our squad isn't good enough but some are more suited to positions they don't always play in due to injuries and suspensions and sometimes certain games they aren't the right choice. Does GB make mistakes? Yes he does, but if he was Alex Ferguson he wouldn't be here just like our skilled players have God-awful games/moments. We're still clear at the top folks, give them credit.

Aye your right . Good post

Brechin c**t [emoji23]

A good result for the Mo against the LEAGUE LEADERS yesterday.Our defence was solid as usual,Bolo and Pascazio didn't miss much in the air.Nice to McWalter back,he gives us that extra bite in midfield and allows Tel to move that bit further forward.Our strikers seem to have lost their scoring touch which I think is the only thing holding us back.Not impressed by Forfar,we pretty much shut them down to shooting from long range as there only option.For all the hard work and determination the Mo players put into a game I think they deserve better,hopefully those results are not far away.Don"t know how serious Steeves injury is,hope not out for to long.So onward to Clyde on Tuesday minus BarryBigBaz. 

From the previous posts the general consensus is as follows:-

Get Swankie off the park. Maybe his mere presence is a downer to younger players like Milne,Scott and Peters. 

Corner kicks. We need ONE player to kick the ball into the mixer so Travis or TOB can score. Alternate kickers if you must but don't have 2 players standing  at the corner flag like spare Ushers when the ball is punted up the park.

Some players seem to get chance after chance  Peters, McCawl and others don't . Lister and Scott.

Elgin play Arbroath on Saturday something has to give.

Elgin have 2 catch up games on a Tuesday night . 

For our upcoming game with Clyde I would go with the following.

Adam

Bain Munro Travis McLaughlin 

Scott Milne O'Brien Denholm

Lister Cox

With Swankie, Peters and Foxy on the bench ready to come when needed and NOT with 3mins to go.

34 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Seen Munro on crutches yesterday. In any case no way we should break up Travis and TOB.

Having thought about it I can't remember seeing us play well against Montrose. Ever. Their record at our place too is unbelievable.

Is it not a bit strange that players leave us, knackered, burnt out, slow e.g. Bolo Temps. And come back with a new club as fresh as a daisy. E.g. Bolo Temps. Don't forget we had Petrie and like so many others chose to let him go.

1 hour ago, victormeldrew said:

For our upcoming game with Clyde I would go with the following.

Adam

Bain Munro Travis McLaughlin 

Scott Milne O'Brien Denholm

Lister Cox

Clearly not at the Berwick game.  On paper this is a great set up but this cannot be allowed to happen again this season.

Munro and Travis partnership was a disaster as was TOB and Milne in the middle.  There was a reason we shipped 3 goals last week, and this was at the heart of it.

Archived