Clyde vs Montrose

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Clyde Man said:

See reply to the Smokie Muncher.

Among others:-

They won the Scottish Cup circa 60 years ago.

They were almost Scotland's representatives in the Fairs Cities cup but for their ground location around the same time.

Scottish football is desperate for their return to the top level.

Or perhaps, the support live on past glory and have an over developed sense of self importance.

Club should be higher.
Team is where it should be.
Your  comment means f**k all to ME.

Your club are now a mess have no stadium are on about relocating every few years and have a shit fan base pal get with the times.

8 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Among others:-

They won the Scottish Cup circa 60 years ago.

They were almost Scotland's representatives in the Fairs Cities cup but for their ground location around the same time.

Scottish football is desperate for their return to the top level.

Or perhaps, the support live on past glory and have an over developed sense of self importance.

Who are the 'others' with that kind of record?

your lot perhaps?

Your club are now a mess have no stadium are on about relocating every few years and have a shit fan base pal get with the times.

Yet you seem obsessed with how we are doing [emoji23]

By the way wait till a week on Saturday when you lot rip up as a new one [emoji23]

You know you have hit rock bottom when you have the likes of arbroath lording it over you [emoji4]

Only was is up that

That last night took me back to Alex Smith and John Brown days. A combination of fear, lack of confidence and a lack of fight, pride and passion.

Don't particularly blame Bob - I'm sure he'll be off and probably, like many of us expected a reaction.

I support the team, and slate the team collectively. Thought some of the individual criticism was OTT, but it's not as if they can realistically have any complaints.

Shame young Quinn got injured, as it looked to me that Gibson was at fault for the first goal - but I actually thought he had two top drawer saves after that from free headers.

Don't see anything in McKenzie, apart from very nice first touches - he has yet to supply a final ball.

Could honestly go on at length, about the disgrace of last night - in the hope rather than expectation that the game vs Forfar cannot be any worse.

I'm not so sure.

Linton sold the first goal more than Gibson did .

I'm glad someone else thought that. He practically walked back into position after the ball was lost leaving a huge gap in the defence that was exploited. He was one of the main absolute wasters last night. He looked totally disinterested.

Thought some of the individual criticism was OTT, but it's not as if they can realistically have any complaints.

With regards to criticism, I think the players got off lightly. They took the piss out of the fans last night. I can excuse lack of talent but I won't accept the unprofessional attitude they exhibited.

5-0 still bothering you?

Incredibly bothered like, would much rather be in your position this season.

No but in seriousness comments like yours are why Clyde get a hard time sometimes. Almost Rangers'esque.

You are where you are and you need to accept it, thinking you've got some right to be at a higher level because of what's happened in the past is probably a part of the reason why you're now in the position you are.

9 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

.They need to be reminded their 3rd div players..!!

More accurately, they need to be reminded they're players.

And being paid, no matter how well or poorly, to do a job.

On last night, I don't remember ever seeing such a bunch of individuals being so unable or unwilling to collect a pass and control it, never mind do something constructive with it.

I called it last week and i still stand by my comments. Players have caused this and still causing it. Im not suprised by last nights comments and perhaps BF treated them too well and professional match day or not. They need to be reminded their 3rd div players..!!

This hasn't just happened been going on since November what has been done nothing.

Collective responsibility board , management, players all culpable
Could give 4 pages on the reasons

Priority stay up

Then plan for wholesale changes at the club don't really care about clyde men being in charge and all that crap the club is a shambles top to bottom.

If as I have been told there are no alternatives then wouldn't worry there soon won't be club to get worked up about.

Cant believe the shambles that greeted us last night. Shoved into the corner and told this s the way they are doing it now. Home fans genuinely upset as some of them had sat there for years and were being told to move.

We had no problem with the lads sitting in their normal place but then the stewards went on a Red Tape rampage. An absolute joke

1 Drunk local infiltrated Away end and near end was rather abusive. pointed out to stewards and they did noyhing other than talk  to him.. h ad good crack with one of the clyde lads pre and during match and really feel sorry for them as if the organisation is this bad off the park then no wonder it spreads onto it..

Dinnae worry lads there are worse than you in the league so you should be ok from that dreaded play off

Some on here blaming everyone apart from Ferguson for our current woes.
I agree that the players are overrated fat b*stards.
But who the f*ck signed them ,coached them & pampered them?
Who the f*ck signed shit loads of other players that were useless?

The guy has been a disaster for us along with his pal Boab Malcolm.(and why he is still at club is beyond me) [emoji90]

5 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

Who are the 'others' with that kind of record?

your lot perhaps?

Like Clyde, Queens Park's glory days are behind them but 10 Scottish Cup wins is a decent history.

There are other smallish clubs with one or two cup wins, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, Falkirk and East Fife are still going but Vale of Leven, Renton, Third Lanark, St Bernard's, Airdrionians have all departed the scene. Don't live in the past and take care that Clyde is not the next to fall.

My team doesn't have as trophy filled a history as Clyde, but we are both struggling to remain in the bottom tier of the national league because our team's are poor. However we are looking to the future and not navel gazing, wallowing in the past.

Like Clyde, Queens Park's glory days are behind them but 10 Scottish Cup wins is a decent history.
There are other smallish clubs with one or two cup wins, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, Falkirk and East Fife are still going but Vale of Leven, Renton, Third Lanark, St Bernard's, Airdrionians have all departed the scene. Don't live in the past and take care that Clyde is not the next to fall.
My team doesn't have as trophy filled a history as Clyde, but we are both struggling to remain in the bottom tier of the national league because our team's are poor. However we are looking to the future and not navel gazing, wallowing in the past.

Don't really think it's wallowing in the past you really think it's dillusional to think your team should be in a division above the lowest tier of football

If you just accept it you will be stuck in it forever I don't think it's unreasonable to think clyde shouldn't be in the lowest tier of Scottish football given catchment areas potential sponsorships etc

All a bit opinions

My team doesn't have as trophy filled a history as Clyde, but we are both struggling to remain in the bottom tier of the national league because our team's are poor.

This is the norm for your team. To be struggling at the lower end of the bottom league is relatively new to Clyde supporters.

Why shouldn't we be unhappy with this? If you're happy to exist in this league, that's fine. I'm certainly not.

The day that we're content in the bottom league is the day that we become a "little team" like Albion

Many supporters still attend who were at the winning cup finals in the 50s. We are not like Queens Park at all who last won a major trophy 124 years ago.

Archived