Rob Roy vs AWR in WoS Cup

AWRFC

Crazy that a 'supporter' unhappy with your manager. Still in West, Scottish Quarters and challenging for the league. What more does he want!? For a team like Rob Roy where must be a struggle the now financially with no Park to call home it's an amazing achievement but probably won't realise until years later. 3 games away from a Junior Cup Final! Not seen the team for yesterday but if dropped Fraz and Sawyers to rest them for important games later in season then totally understandable why didn't win in normal time & taken to penalties as two very good players at this level seeing them during their time at Meadow and against us too.   

We rested our regular keeper the guy brought in is experienced ex Pollok and Linlithgow and saved a well hit penalty to help us go through. Guy deserved a chance yesterday. Our normal defence except a regular centre back.David Barr came in gave his all and put his body on the line for the team like he usually does. Midfield all guys who have been playing most of season bar MacKie who has been in and out.

We played a wide man up front as sawyers wasn't available.

A sensible number of changes but nothing to radical this is the west of Scotland cup a big cup for a club like rob roy so massive changes were never on the cards.

We weren't at our best yesterday given our high standards this season but credit to winton who didn't make it easy and are a decent side.

We had four regulars missing but boys that came in did fine and put in a good shift. Those who didn't feature and haven't been featuring and who were maybe expecting to yesterday need to keep working hard to impress simple as that.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I'll say is for a team who were favourites for relegation to still be in every cup, top of the league and with a cup already won I don't think there's much negative you can say about the management. Yeah it wasn't pretty we all know that but we got there in the end.

Ardrossan were up for it and would have wanted to show a premier league team that they weren't scared by league status or bookies favourites

For fecks sake , in the quarters of the scottish , challenging for the premier league an into the next round of the west (not a defeat by the way ? ) it must be a hard life right enough if your still moaning , its a minor miracle that a team with no ground , a lower budget than most of the teams in there league are still ,nearing the buisness end of the season , still punching well above there weight an holding there own , a hate to think what some of u would be saying if there were sitting bottom an out of all cups , christ almighty enjoy the ride while it lasts !!!!!!

One thing I'll say is for a team who were favourites for relegation to still be in every cup, top of the league and with a cup already won I don't think there's much negative you can say about the management. Yeah it wasn't pretty we all know that but we got there in the end.

Ardrossan were up for it and would have wanted to show a premier league team that they weren't scared by league status or bookies favourites

Exactly lee that's why this chap has finally outed himself as a follower not a supporter.

What has been said is said Red the chair leader like big Derek Johnston. It's sad that you accept below average performance in games. That's not what the fans were saying next to me but you will be above that

Not above anything cloughy I'm a supporter simple as that.

Nobody accepts poor performances what you do though is show some patience and understanding stick by players who have served you well all season even if they have a dodgey half or game.

You seem to assume bringing in someone who hasn't featured much will automatically improve things when it may make the team performance worse!

If a player is not happy he can request to leave. You can advise your 'favorite' to do so but he should be his own man and make his own mind up.

If he had any sense he would tell you to reign it in and let him get on with trying his best to push in the team then evaluate things come end of season.

Finally boys from reports have a great team spirit and bond so god knows what's irked you so much to totally over react then label a guy who has seen us through a tough time brilliantly as a ' bottler' .

10 minutes ago, cloughy said:

What has been said is said Red the chair leader like big Derek Johnston. It's sad that you accept below average performance in games. That's not what the fans were saying next to me but you will be above that

Don`t listen to any of NobRoyGuy`s crap... he was all over another thread defending someone`s right to express their opinion about a player being shite (i think from memory it was one of the Talbot guys he was having a go at) and yet here he his spouting his "you deserve to be pulled up for this" pish because you express an opinion contrary to his party line. Wether you`re right or wrong crack on and tell him to do one.....just out of interest NobRoyGuy, who appointed you the judge and jury as to wether someone can call themselves a supporter or not? Your first game and fav player question is straight out a comic. If he pays his cash and goes along to watch (which he clearly does) he can have an opinion. You should be grateful he`s not asking really difficult questions, like who`s spunking all your clubs money away and how many season`s they plan to ground share with Petershill?  

Looking like your manager much like ours at times this year has realised he will have to use his squad and has to keep those boys as match fit and as hungry/happy as he possibly can but with still plenty faith in the boys he's bringing in. One game particularly our manager took pelters from certain grumps (5-6 people if your lucky) for changing our side and resting a few at thorniewood in an earlier round of the Scottish 4 days before our replay at Dumbarton. Can't totally see what your managers doing and rightly so in my opinion.
You won the game in a battle better than a stroll and gave some boys key minutes on the park win win all round for me!
Who you boys got this week? Home to lochee for us

Look lads let's nip this in the bud everyone is a manager the team is doing well pen shoot outs or not we win a trophy and advanced in WOS so let's enjoy we may not win anything else but it has been a good that may well become an amazing and memorable season let's stop the inhouse bickering now [emoji106]

The answers to these difficult questions are known to those who go to meetings or ask questions at games. Difficult time but light at end of the tunnel and we will get where we want to be eventually. That won't be good enough for you but that's how it is.

You actually don't have a clue about what's being discussed that's clear.

Toe party line? This season nothing at all to be critical of when you win 23 games out of 26 you won't get much if any criticism from supporters.

In the past i have been critical as anyone at matches of things that have went on and if people or the team deserve criticism i will dish it out.

I asked the question about favorite past player or first game it's a simple set of questions to the guy looking for an answer if he doesn't want to answer he only has to say i don't wish to answer rather than completely ignore it.

A supporter supports the club as a whole. A follower is someone like a relative who follows about a son or nephew or grandson and is blinded by loyalty for his son nephew or grandson and who will lash out unnecessarily when things don't go his 'favorites ' way.

Going by your random outbursts on here you finding a new job is management in the juniors tough how about venturing back into girls or youth football or maybe even ayrshire amateurs where life as a manager is less taxing.

Don`t listen to any of NobRoyGuy`s crap... he was all over another thread defending someone`s right to express their opinion about a player being shite (i think from memory it was one of the Talbot guys he was having a go at) and yet here he his spouting his "you deserve to be pulled up for this" pish because you express an opinion contrary to his party line. Wether you`re right or wrong crack on and tell him to do one.....just out of interest NobRoyGuy, who appointed you the judge and jury as to wether someone can call themselves a supporter or not? Your first game and fav player question is straight out a comic. If he pays his cash and goes along to watch (which he clearly does) he can have an opinion. You should be grateful he`s not asking really difficult questions, like who`s spunking all your clubs money away and how many season`s they plan to ground share with Petershill?  

Aw here he is.... You are so obsessed with Rob Roy's financial situation. You constantly bring this up when that has nothing to do with what is being discussed. What is your gripe with the club?

Yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. But I think people are getting carried away expecting 10/10 performances week in and week out

47 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Bitter bile again 

21 minutes ago, rednblack said:

The answers to these difficult questions are known to those who go to meetings or ask questions at games. Difficult time but light at end of the tunnel and we will get where we want to be eventually. That won't be good enough for you but that's how it is.

You actually don't have a clue about what's being discussed that's clear.

Toe party line? This season nothing at all to be critical of when you win 23 games out of 26 you won't get much if any criticism from supporters.

In the past i have been critical as anyone at matches of things that have went on and if people or the team deserve criticism i will dish it out.

I asked the question about favorite past player or first game it's a simple set of questions to the guy looking for an answer if he doesn't want to answer he only has to say i don't wish to answer rather than completely ignore it.

A supporter supports the club as a whole. A follower is someone like a relative who follows about a son or nephew or grandson and is blinded by loyalty for his son nephew or grandson and who will lash out unnecessarily when things don't go his 'favorites ' way.

Going by your random outbursts on here you finding a new job is management in the juniors tough how about venturing back into girls or youth football or maybe even ayrshire amateurs where life as a manager is less taxing.

Listen NRG, you previously used to pollute numerous threads with your inane pish when " you actually didn`t have a clue about what was being discussed"  so you`ll excuse me if I don`t feel compelled to allow you to set any standards when it comes to posting on here! You`ve got a number of good time supporters (followers?) who have  been gradually coming out the woodwork as the season progresses who all appear to be tugging their forelock in deference to your position as self appointed club guardian and yet you choose to start firing your stupid comic book questions at the first one who appears brave enough to stick his head above the parapet with an opinion different from yours.

You would be surprised about what I know. How about an SIS  loan for £100,000 for starters? Is it questions like this that your supporters are asking on a Saturday and getting the answers to???

7 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Aw here he is.... You are so obsessed with Rob Roy's financial situation. You constantly bring this up when that has nothing to do with what is being discussed. What is your gripe with the club?

Yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. But I think people are getting carried away expecting 10/10 performances week in and week out

Oh quick quick circle the wagons somebody is having a go at NRG....:bairn

1 minute ago, Rossiter blue said:

Well for starters since on a rob roy thread have you ever said any positive about them ??? Only ever negativity about their ground situation . 

Sorry I must have missed the memo stating that posters were required to deliver posts that deal only in positivity.......it`s an open forum and if you think that asking questions is a negative then that`s up to you. "Their ground situation" as you call it is not something that I created or made up. It`s a reality created by a series of events and circumstances driven by the people who run  KRR and if I want to ask questions about it then I will. If you want to live in the alternative reality perpetuated by the good news only fairy then be my guest,but when someone is pishing  in my pocket and tries to tell me that it`s raining then I`m going to say something about it.... if you don`t like it,don`t read it or just ignore it...........

Archived