Celtic v Rangers Sunday 12th March

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

So much for no surrender, the blue yins seem to have written this one off :lol:

Well a win at The Piggery is always enjoyable but I've written our season off.

I reserve the right to gloat, though, if we've an egg-chasing and Sevco double this weekend.

30 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well a win at The Piggery is always enjoyable but I've written our season off.

I reserve the right to gloat, though, if we've an egg-chasing and Sevco double this weekend.

Injury will probably do for Scotland's chances in the Calcutta Cup clash but they should make a decent fist of things. 

It is hard to make a case for anything but a Celtic win on Sunday.

Garner is the only real out and out penalty box player in the squad but will be sitting in the stands.

Kenny Miller has probably been Rangers best outfield this player but I can see him dropping deep too often to make an impact.  Still capable of nabbing a goal though.

Midfield is key and Murtinho may string five across the middle. Can the Loan Rangers rise to the occasion? Possibly but Rangers lack a ball winner.

The defence? It has no defending to be frank. 

Celtic should run out comfortable winners but talk of 7 or 8 nil is fanciful.  I reckon Celtic will win 2-0 or 3-1.

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Injury will probably do for Scotland's chances in the Calcutta Cup clash but they should make a decent fist of things. 

Celtic should run out comfortable winners but talk of 7 or 8 nil is fanciful.  I reckon Celtic will win 2-0 or 3-1.

Lovely analysis, young Jaggy and I fully expect both of our chosen teams to get pumped...There will be dancing on the streets if we're wrong, though.

Lovely analysis, young Jaggy and I fully expect both of our chosen teams to get pumped...There will be dancing on the streets if we're wrong, though.

Thistle will pump ICT* tbf [emoji56] [emoji211] [emoji211] [emoji211]

*scrappy 1-0 victory.

For those who don't know the combined results of both old and new Rangers still has them ahead of Celtic in this as a league fixture with 119 wins to Celtic's 102 and with 85 draws. The combined Rangers total for any meeting all time with Celtic has them ahead by 11 wins with 159 wins to Celtic's 148 and there has been a total of 97 draws.

For those who don't know the combined results of both old and new Rangers still has them ahead of Celtic in this as a league fixture with 119 wins to Celtic's 102 and with 85 draws. The combined Rangers total for any meeting all time with Celtic has them ahead by 11 wins with 159 wins to Celtic's 148 and there has been a total of 97 draws.

Don't suppose you know the aggregate??

7 hours ago, Daydream said:

Not 100% on this I heard back then it was 50/50 when it came to home and away fans for this fixture, not sure about when other clubs fans came to Celtic Park. Maybe I'm thinking this was further back than the 80's and Celtic were a bit more relaxed back then when it came to away fans and they either had their own area and some mixed. But it was a 50/50 many years back so I heard.

Not sure when clubs started to separate/segregate supporters as part of the club's ground rules or SFA, maybe after the Taylor report. Many clubs particularly in the lower leagues still don't have a defined home and away sections and its still sorted by tradition or habit rather than by the club or any governing body.

3 hours ago, CityDave said:

Not 100% on this I heard back then it was 50/50 when it came to home and away fans for this fixture, not sure about when other clubs fans came to Celtic Park. Maybe I'm thinking this was further back than the 80's and Celtic were a bit more relaxed back then when it came to away fans and they either had their own area and some mixed. But it was a 50/50 many years back so I heard.

Not sure when clubs started to separate/segregate supporters as part of the club's ground rules or SFA, maybe after the Taylor report. Many clubs particularly in the lower leagues still don't have a defined home and away sections and its still sorted by tradition or habit rather than by the club or any governing body.

I seem to remember Celtic getting the west enclosure at Ibrox in the past, possibly for a cup game.

The footage from 1968 is striking tbh.  It's always nice to see a familiar ground from a different angle.  The gap between the roofs of the jungle and the Celtic End seems so weird to me for some reason.

Also, these were genuinely 2 of the best teams in Europe at the time!   

Also, I'd wager that by being 'pre-Troubles' the crowd were probably less divided on religious/political lines and were more interested in being the best team in Glasgow/Scotland (I could be wrong on that tbh). 

Archived