Scottish Cup holders v Aberdeen

Bambino7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f**k that Drew. Whole point of an away day is going for pints and having a day out. The fact it's in a shite city at a shite time in a shite part of a shite city, with shite transport links would rightly turn anyone off. As I say, f**k that.

This is part of the experience. My dad is back in Aberdeen and will likely to be heading down to this, would be great to meet up for a couple of pints before the game, instead he won't be able to get to the city at a reasonable time and post-game pints in Glasgow are always miserable (not to mention a nightmare as nowhere seems to let Dons fans drink after games in Glasgow whilst they do before hand, something I've never quite understood). To take the train down it will be an 8ish train, which considering a decent chunk of Dons fans come from the area surrounding the city makes this a ludicrously early start. This seems to happen consistently for our neutral games in Glasgow though. 0 consideration for the fans is given.

26 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

f**k that Drew. Whole point of an away day is going for pints and having a day out. The fact it's in a shite city at a shite time in a shite part of a shite city, with shite transport links would rightly turn anyone off. As I say, f**k that.

Nobody is preventing you from making a day of it, though. I am sure, like many fans of both Aberdeen and Hibs, you can go out drinking after the game regardless of the result. Our semi-final against Morton was at the same kick-off time and at the same location, and I didn't hear or read many complaints after the game from supporters of either team that the kick-off time had ruined supporters' days out. For some people, especially those with young families and children - who both teams should really be encouraging to attend these games as the next generation of supporters and season ticket holders - a lunchtime kick-off will be largely preferable to a 5pm kick-off, for example. 

24 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

3pm on Saturday is ideal but with the strange television laws that was obviously not going to happen, but I don't see why this couldn't have been a 5pm kick off. It simply highlights that they don't consider fans before making decisions.

As I have stated above, for some supporters, a lunchtime kick-off will be more convenient than an evening kick-off. I mean, whatever your personal preferences and views on it, a 5pm kick-off was never a likely prospect here; but for many Aberdeen supporters with young families located in the north and north-east, for example, a late kick-off in Glasgow - with the additional consideration of extra-time and penalties - would have been far from ideal. I appreciate that it is a near impossible task to reach a full consensus on a time for these fixtures, but football fans are not a homogeneous group all with the same priorities, preferences and commitments. This just is not, to my mind, a big problem or surprise, but each to their own. 

I can only speak for myself here but I wouldn't let the time and place of the game put me off one bit, no matter where I stayed. It's a semifinal ffs, stop looking for excuses not to go.

I suspect everyone on here who can reasonably go will be going so not sure what you're getting at here.

We will all, I suspect, know supporters of both our clubs who support from a distance and would decide not to go if travel and timings are just shite.

Typical SFA pish.  Whilst I'd doubt the game would sell out in any case.  A 12:15 ko is a fucking joke.  I don't finish work till about 1 on a Saturday so that's me totally fucked.  Luckily I'm off Sunday so I'll get to see my big team 8)

Of the two slots available, Saturday would be the preference for most. Just gutted we never got the Catholic end so we could all hang around a big Asda.

I'd make Hibs slight favourite for this one. Their league campaign should be wrapped up by then and our defence will struggle with their physicality. 

This statement for the Morton game worked well:  :lol:

Following the statement issued by the SPFL in relation to the venue and timing of the Greenock Morton v Aberdeen semi-final, AFC wish to clarify our clubs position in relation to this.

Our stated preference was that the game took place at a more reasonable time on the Saturday at a venue that would ensure a capacity attendance. It is from an attendance perspective very regrettable that the game kicks off at 12.15pm which is a major disadvantage to our fantastic travelling support in particular for games such as these.

Regarding the choice of venue we understand and accept that it is for all clubs to indicate the crowd they anticipate taking and Hampden Park was chosen on this basis.

We accept that the majority of our supporters would have had to travel for at least a couple of hours to attend this fixture at any suitable venue but are disappointed as we feel that this outcome has a very negative impact on what should be a great day out and experience for all supporters.

Wonder what they will say this time!

1 minute ago, Milnzo said:

Just the 80s glory hunters who still follow us despite a distinct lack of glory for 26.5 years.

The ones who still get home shirts with Gothenburg 83 on the back?

Aren't most Aberdeen fans from the central belt? 

Nah, they are the ones that moan about home attendances and the shit atmosphere, while bigging it up about the fantastic away support.
Early start but will be there. Hopefully Tayside roads dept decide to take the weekend off

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Of course I'm still going but why make it as shite as possible?

It's not our fault you lot live in the middle of fucking nowhere.

2 hours ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

8am start on the lager.
10.30am bus departure with more lager
11:45am arrival at Asda for more lager.

Sounds fucking perfect.

Bus leaving at 10:30 :lol: 

kind of bus do you get on? Seem to recall our bus leaving at 9 for the semi last season and half 10 for the final. Got the train to hampden once before for the league cup final last season and I'll never be doing it again as I ended up lost in Motherwell at half 8 at night steaming waiting on a train that wasn't due till quarter to 10 and I had a 6am start the next day. Absolute shitemare

Is it reasonable to assume that if TV are told to bolt and the match kicked off at 3pm that fans would then complain about the match not being on TV.

I think that's exactly what would happen.

So what you need to get up early. It's a big game, just get on with it. It's all part of the day surely?

12.15 ko is shite but completely expected. Every one of our last 4 scottish cup semi finals has been a lunchtime ko so didn't see this one changing. At least its the Saturday and boozers are open a bit earlier. 

Archived