Scottish Cup holders v Aberdeen

Bambino7

This game will not sell out and be a poor attendance. Why? Because of this precious nonsense about loyalty points.
Personally i won't be attending due to this reason as clearly teams like Aberdeen and Hibs can pick and choose their supporters these days despite people like myself previously being a season ticket holder for 10 years. Peoples priorities change.
"That will stop them glory hunters"

Does the general sale not start tomorrow? Loyalty points are only coming in to play for all of about three days. Makes sense that season ticket holders and those who've attended most games get priority when choosing seats.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, red23 said:

This game will not sell out and be a poor attendance. Why? Because of this precious nonsense about loyalty points.

Personally i won't be attending due to this reason as clearly teams like Aberdeen and Hibs can pick and choose their supporters these days despite people like myself previously being a season ticket holder for 10 years. Peoples priorities change.

Oh here we go. Get over yourself.

To have 10 loyalty points you literally have to have been to 5 games in the last 2 years. 5 games out of what, 90+? Regulars attenders are rightly given priority. 

People's priorities do change, you're absolutely right. You just need to accept that cos you were a season ticket holder in 19oatcake you don't deserve a ticket ahead of current season ticket holders and people who contribute to the club.

There is also a general sale you know...

Minter

11 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Oh here we go. Get over yourself.

To have 10 loyalty points you literally have to have been to 5 games in the last 2 years. 5 games out of what, 90+? Regulars attenders are rightly given priority. 

People's priorities do change, you're absolutely right. You just need to accept that cos you were a season ticket holder in 19oatcake you don't deserve a ticket ahead of current season ticket holders and people who contribute to the club.

There is also a general sale you know...

Appreciate what you are saying but this style of selling tickets will drive casual fans away.

Scottish football can be bad enough at the best of times, we don't need to make it worse by forcing people to pay £30 a ticket to sit by themselves away from their mates because they (rightly) wanted to get pick of the seats on day one. Part of the issue is because of how poor a stadium Hampden is meaning people won't wait to buy bulk tickets and sit a couple of miles behind the goal.

There are a lot of people with this mindset whether you agree with it or not. This approach means less people will attend the game simple as that.

11 hours ago, jmothecat said:

You can also get 10 loyalty points instantly if you get a five match package.

Aye well i'm not spunking £120 away just to get up the loyalty scheme chain, come on. Even then can't get tickets on day one.

12 hours ago, red23 said:

Appreciate what you are saying but this style of selling tickets will drive casual fans away.

Scottish football can be bad enough at the best of times, we don't need to make it worse by forcing people to pay £30 a ticket to sit by themselves away from their mates because they (rightly) wanted to get pick of the seats on day one. Part of the issue is because of how poor a stadium Hampden is meaning people won't wait to buy bulk tickets and sit a couple of miles behind the goal.

There are a lot of people with this mindset whether you agree with it or not. This approach means less people will attend the game simple as that.

Appreciate Hampden is not great. My ticket was £20 though not £30. 

Sales are also staggered as it helps the ticket office deal with the volume, as well as allows more fans to get through to them on the phone etc.

It's really not that big a deal. It seems like you've decided this is the first game in quite a while you want to go to, and you can, there's absolutely no restriction that means you will not get a ticket, you'll just have to wait slightly longer than some. 

Literally anyone (even Davie Bhoy's brother and his *** wife) could buy tickets for the Dons end as of 5:30pm tonight, just 3 days later than season ticket holders. Still seats left in both the North and South stands as well. Is anyone genuinely going to be put off by the fact they have to wait 3 days to get tickets alongside their part-timer mates?

People with a lot of loyalty points could buy tickets from Monday. People with 0
loyalty points could buy tickets from this evening. Are you really suggesting that three days, a month before the game, will be the difference for casual fans going or not going?

Even years ago there used to be the voucher system for big games, the loyalty scheme is just an updated and better managed version of that. Recently attending regular fans should absolutely have the pick of the best seats. Why should a casual fan be entitled to get half way up the north stand on the half way line before a season ticket holder. As has already been mentioned, it's not even as if the thresholds were that high. Was it not something like 110+ to get a ticket for ibrox earlier this season.

On 3/21/2017 at 22:38, red23 said:

Last game: League Cup Final 2014 :lol:

This goes into general sale tomorrow so not really an issue. Those with 40 points rewarded with best seats and that is the way it should be. 

Points system is a lot better than what they had in the past - not perfect by an means but those that go to nearly every game gets rewarded first especially for the likes of Rangers/Hearts away when we only get 1,000 tickets. 

Sold 8,000 so far which is decent considering the time of kick-off. Expect to see about 12k as that is the normal going with these really early kick-off times. 

4 hours ago, jmothecat said:

£1 booking fee plus £7 p+p. So effectively £8 more than actually advertised.

I'm being charged £1 for going to Pittodrie and picking up my tickets myself.

No system will every be perfect but the current system is better then it was a few years ago and for a game like this there will be more then enough tickets to go around.  It makes sense that the club will prioritise those who are currently going to games and providing the club with a regular source of revenue over someone who turns up to a handful of big games over the course of a few years. 

I'm being charged £1 for going to Pittodrie and picking up my tickets myself.
No system will every be perfect but the current system is better then it was a few years ago and for a game like this there will be more then enough tickets to go around.  It makes sense that the club will prioritise those who are currently going to games and providing the club with a regular source of revenue over someone who turns up to a handful of big games over the course of a few years. 

I think it's a genuinely good system. A lot better than the voucher system, which sometimes seemed to require you to go to a specific game in order to get a ticket.

Archived