Scottish Cup holders v Aberdeen

Bambino7

It's an awful ko time to be honest. Yes folk that want to make the game will be there, hence the reason I will be, however, it's a fairly substantial inconvenience.

Personally it makes little difference to me, usually up at that time for golf on a Saturday morning anyway. I can see why others would be put off though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How busy will trains be from central to mount Florida/kings park? And is it likely to be a nightmare catching train afterwards? Sorry only time i have been to Hampden before was for Berwick V Queens Park and taking kids so just wanted an idea.

How busy will trains be from central to mount Florida/kings park? And is it likely to be a nightmare catching train afterwards? Sorry only time i have been to Hampden before was for Berwick V Queens Park and taking kids so just wanted an idea.

Trains out aren't usually too bad as long as you don't wait too late.

Trains back are always a nightmare, especially Mount Florida. You either wait or start walking back the centre (which isn't too bad, thirsty work though).

Yet there will still be some supporters of Aberdeen claiming they are bigger than Hibs or Hearts.  Laughable amount of tickets sold from a team having one of their best seasons in about 20 years. 

12 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Yet there will still be some supporters of Aberdeen claiming they are bigger than Hibs or Hearts.  Laughable amount of tickets sold from a team having one of their best seasons in about 20 years. 

Hearts v Aberdeen is always up for debate 

Utterly laughable to even dare suggest Hibs are a bigger Club than Aberdeen 

Fantasy land stuff 

12 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

There was still plenty dafties on here sticking them in as the third biggest side in the country recently. Purely because they finally attained some relevance again for the first time in a 20 year period when Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were all largely out of the picture.

Just now, Karl Fletcher said:

Fantasy land stuff 

It's not really, though. Aberdeen are certainly a more successful club, but success does not equate to the overall size of a club.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's not really, though. Aberdeen are certainly a more successful club, but success does not equate to the overall size of a club.

Aberdeen are comfortably a bigger club than Hibs 

17 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I'd be quite surprised if Aberdeen don't sell more than Hibs. It's a great chance for Aberdeen to reach their first Scottish Cup final in 17 years.

Why would you be surprised at that?

58 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Fantasy land stuff 

It's really not. Bigger fan base = bigger club.

Gutted for you.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

There was still plenty dafties on here sticking them in as the third biggest side in the country recently. Purely because they finally attained some relevance again for the first time in a 20 year period when Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were all largely out of the picture.

Since the end of the 80s both Edinburgh sides have had a lot higher attendances, been to more finals and won more trophies.  I've literally no idea how they can proclaim to be a bigger club than either.  Next week is just another example of this. 

1 hour ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Aberdeen are comfortably a bigger club than Hibs 

In what aspect?  Fan base?  Recent success? 

Let the reality sink in - Aberdeen Football Club, having one of their best seasons in a generation of Scottish football supporters will sell UNDER 15,000 tickets for the Scottish Cup final, while their rivals, of whom they claim are smaller than them have already passed that. 

More recent success, much better stadium, own training ground, higher attendances - What exactly makes Aberdeen a bigger club? 

21 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Since the end of the 80s both Edinburgh sides have had a lot higher attendances,

Hearts maybe, but certainly not Hibs.

Since the end of the 80's, so from 1990 onwards, Aberdeen have had a larger average crowd than Hibs 20 times out of 27.

Been to more finals and won more trophies. 

Since the end of the 80's?

Aberdeen have won three, same as Hibs, same as Hearts.

You could add to that Aberdeen have been further in Europe and finished higher up the league if you're comparing achievements. They have also been an ever present in the top flight.  

Hibs should be rightly pleased with the amount of tickets they've sold. 17,000 as it stands is a great number, and if they continue to sell more and push towards 20,000 or even surpass that they deserve to be applauded for it.

But, it's not a fair comparison when Aberdeen are three times further away with a lunchtime kick-off. To me, anywhere between 12,000 - 14,000 is a very decent effort. If the game was in Dundee or even just a better kick-off time you would imagine the demand would be much higher. We took 20,000 to Hampden for the League Cup semi-final with Dundee United just two years ago when it was a 3pm kick-off - for all the back slapping Hibs haven't actually beaten that number yet.

As much as I loathe Hibs (8)), away from the supporter bravado I've always considered them to be bigger, more important and more relevant than Aberdeen.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

As much as I loathe Hibs (8)), away from the supporter bravado I've always considered them to be bigger, more important and more relevant than Aberdeen.

Hearts in Scottish football terms at the moment are utterly irrelevant. Not challenging for anything, rolling over when the big teams visit Tynecastle. Literally no-one cares about Hearts just now.

Your new stand is all you have going for you at the moment.

Archived