ITS THE FINAL 1/4 UNLESS UR QOS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously Hibs will win the league, they're the best side in the division and Dundee United falter continually.

I think Morton have the best chance of promotion via the play-offs. Falkirk and Dundee United seem to make it look awful difficult but Morton would go into the play-offs in presumably unbelievable mood and they'd have to be confident after the season they're having.

I genuinely believe we'll be safe, we have a good enough squad to win enough games and we are in (in general) decent form over the last five or six games.

I think Raith are in real danger of going down automatically. They looked toothless and devoid of any confidence or fight yesterday.

I think (and I'm hopeful because then it would mean it wouldn't involve us) Ayr and St. Mirren will fight it out for the play-offs. St. Mirren have got some good wins of late and Ayr are an absolute gang so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see St. Mirren miraculously make the escape dream a reality.

If we were to make it to the play off final I'd fancy our chances against the likes of Accies/Inverness. We played Accies and Killie off the park and more than matched Aberdeen for 60 minutes during our league cup run. I don't think we'll get there but I know nothing as I tipped us for relegation/9th at the start of the season :lol: 

1. Big team

2. Falkirk

3. Wee team from the arse end of the Clyde

4. United

5. Queens

6. Dunfermline

7. Dumbarton

8. Raith

9. Saints

10. Ayr

I think we'll make it by the skin of our teeth and no doubt get pumped off Goody's team in the play offs. Tough run in for us on paper but the play off positions look like they will be sorted by the last few weeks of the season anyway. I'd expect Falkirk and United to rest up, Hibs will be in party mode in the last game of the season. Morton will burst their guts against us though.

For the promotion play offs Falkirk seem to have found a bit of form at the right time, Morton are plodding along nicely, United seem to have stalled a bit but should have enough to finish in the play offs. Should probably prepare for Championship football next season though. Morton are the dark horses for the play off, they are a match for most teams at Cappelow. I'd fancy them to take a lead to Rugby Park ect. Don't think they'd be able to handle an injury to Forbes though.

4 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I'm pretty sure our poor finish to last season and subsequent slide from 5th to 7th cost the club a substantial 5 figure loss in prize money?!

It did. Indeed St Mirren's last kick of the last game draw with Rangers to lift them above us into 6th cost us five figures on its own.

I am not going to quote exact numbers but several newspapers have published approximate prize money distributions since the league merger.

It did. Indeed St Mirren's last kick of the last game draw with Rangers to lift them above us into 6th cost us five figures on its own.

I am not going to quote exact numbers but several newspapers have published approximate prize money distributions since the league merger.

So our fight for 5th might actually mean something?

For the greater good of the club the players must rally and push on for that 5th place finish. After all, a lot of them will be playing for their futures.
We must be looking to beat the teams below us in the remaining fixtures to ensure that as I just can't see us getting anything from the clubs above!

Guest Flash
34 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Thanks.  Didnt realise there was a lot of money between 3rd and 4th.  

The difference between 3rd and 4th is 0.3% of the SPFL commercial revenue (1.6% compared with 1.3%)

16 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I'm pretty sure our poor finish to last season and subsequent slide from 5th to 7th cost the club a substantial 5 figure loss in prize money?!

The difference between 5th and 7th is 0.15% of the SPFL commercial revenue (1% compared with 0.85%)

Winners of the Championship get 2.25%. Bottom of the Premiership get 4.5%, plus a parachute of £300,000 the next season and £125,000 the following season.

Celtic will get 13.4% for winning the Premiership, more than all the Championship teams combined.

Archived