ITS THE FINAL 1/4 UNLESS UR QOS

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

This bit is particularly galling. What a shite distribution.

Those numbers are high but the relative difference is correct. Prior to the creation of the SPFL the bottom of the Premiership would have gotten more and the top of the Championship would probably not have gotten 6 figures. I don't actually think it is that bad a distribution model. You have to remember that having gotten up, the promoted team is guaranteed those numbers themselves for at least one year.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash
45 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Your numbers are all a bit high.Presumably the total payout will also include the League Cup and Challenge Cup prize funds (and any parachute payments).

Yeah, need to exclude those. The figures are for 2015/16, so the League Cup figures wouldn't be particularly high as sponsorship was only from quarter finals onwards, although there was probably prize money in any case. Challenge Cup prize money is really low. Think there was only one parachute payment in 2015/16 which would have been £300,000. The starting point was about £25m, so I'm guessing it would probably be less than £24m but more than £20m.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Those numbers are high but the relative difference is correct. Prior to the creation of the SPFL the bottom of the Premiership would have gotten more and the top of the Championship would probably not have gotten 6 figures. I don't actually think it is that bad a distribution model. You have to remember that having gotten up, the promoted team is guaranteed those numbers themselves for at least one year.

I think a model that gives a team separated by one to two places in the leagues from the other nearly 3 times the prize money, parachute payments and a hugely favourable setup in the playoffs for the one finishing 2nd bottom is not just shite but anti competitive also. 

I think a model that gives a team separated by one to two places in the leagues from the other nearly 3 times the prize money, parachute payments and a hugely favourable setup in the playoffs for the one finishing 2nd bottom is not just shite but anti competitive also. 

All of our chairmen voted for it so the blame lies with them.

27 minutes ago, GiGi said:

It would be interesting to find out but I doubt it's all that significantly different from any other commercially setup up football league system. Are there comparable figures available for the English setup for instance? Obviously the numbers will be bigger but there's a reason why the Championship playoff final is usually billed as the most valuable game of the season. I presume 20th in the Premiership makes a lot more than 1st in the Championship notwithstanding the much greater commercial wealth of Championship clubs anyway.

Comparisons with England are largely pointless. They also still have different governing bodies for the EPL and EFL, Scotland no longer does. 

I'd rather it was fair than justifying it with examples of what other leagues or countries do. Good point about chairmen though, in future changes to the leagues they should be bringing this up.

The money is just one of many things that annoys me anyway. Chuck that in as a factor for the end of season play offs and the competitive advantage for the failing premier league team is massive. Hugely bigger budget - generally - and only one 2 legged play off to negotiate after an extra week or 2 rest. It's ridiculous. Rant over, ha.

If we can keep our squad free from injury, should we make any stage of the playoffs, I would be quite confident against any possible permutation we would face. We were right down to the bones last season and it got to the stage that I felt every victory was a bonus (stating the obvious I know) but with the options and strength we now have, keeping up our form, I think only an away trip to cappielow would prove to be the stumbling block.

Lets get Sexy!!!

1- Morton
2- Dundee United
3- Hibs
4- Pars (Win play off)
5- *******
6- QOS
7- Dumbarton
8- St Mirren
9- Ayr (win play off)
10- Wee team

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Can I please have some of what you've been on, thanks!

25 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

If we can keep our squad free from injury, should we make any stage of the playoffs, I would be quite confident against any possible permutation we would face. We were right down to the bones last season and it got to the stage that I felt every victory was a bonus (stating the obvious I know) but with the options and strength we now have, keeping up our form, I think only an away trip to cappielow would prove to be the stumbling block.

Lets get Sexy!!!

I'm glad every time Killie win.

Couldn't handle playing them again 

1 hour ago, eastend bounce said:

Was obviously a wind up although that bottom 4 is how I think it will end if Raith continue the way they are. I cant see past United winning the play off.

Dundee Utd are the least likely to win the playoff IMO.

Archived