Killie V Partick

15 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

We were ridiculously far ahead of Killie in the second half. Really ripping the pish at times. Shit happens though. Cerny's allowed a howler given the season he's had.

The draw suits us far more than it suits Killie.

We were far the better side first half. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disappointed to lose two points to two Diddy teams in a row, tbf...
imageproxy.png.d3c7924e13abafab379c7d606bc54b98.png

Really ? Is it not a case of being more disappointed at your own diddy team being unable to see both games out ?

45 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Really ? Is it not a case of being more disappointed at your own diddy team being unable to see both games out ?

1A69713E-C6E3-4D2F-BB60-01ECBDDB2697-341-000001529216D221.gif.fa415afc09cb037548f4d17bd351b3a5.gif

1A69713E-C6E3-4D2F-BB60-01ECBDDB2697-341-000001529216D221.gif.fa415afc09cb037548f4d17bd351b3a5.gif

We are going through a period with one of the worst Killie teams seen over the last 25 yrs, Thistle have their best squad probably over the last 25 yrs... Yet they sit only 2 points ahead of us.

It just shows how far we have fallen when we are happy to settle with a draw at home to a team like Partick.

No doubt Thistle fans will disagree but unfortunately it's a sad reality.

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

We are going through a period with one of the worst Killie teams seen over the last 25 yrs, Thistle have their best squad probably over the last 25 yrs... Yet they sit only 2 points ahead of us.

It just shows how far we have fallen when we are happy to settle with a draw at home to a team like Partick.

Check this one out. :lol:

I'd have taken a point before the game, but naturally it's a disappointing result in the circumstances. Two weeks in a row, and now something like 6 or 7 times this season we've dropped points when either leading or drawing with minutes to go. We'd be right in the hunt for Europe if we weren't such shitebags at times. Cerny is allowed a mistake, as we've just recently gone on a run of 8 clean sheets in 10 games, a lot of it thanks to him, but still a bit of a sickener.

b7a8e78087aabdc6bf21ac56ddd1b299.gif

36 minutes ago, Killieallan said:

Thistle fans know the the glory years won't last forever you can't blame them for making the most of it .

I know, then we'll be like Killie and have the "worst team we've had in years" every year for about a decade. Not looking forward to those times, sounds grim.

We were far the better side first half. 

Thought you had the most of the game in the first-half, wouldn't go as far to say you were the best team![emoji3] As usual all the football that there was, came from the boys in red and yellow. I will however admit your right-winger was decent as was the young lad at centre half.

14 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I know, then we'll be like Killie and have the "worst team we've had in years" every year for about a decade. Not looking forward to those times, sounds grim.

Ach, at least in those ten years we've made two cup finals, won one cup and finished 5th a couple of times. 

Maybe we were spoilt with a cup win, Europe 4 times and finishing 4th a few times in the 10 years previous to that....

51 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ach, at least in those ten years we've made two cup finals, won one cup and finished 5th a couple of times. 

Maybe we were spoilt with a cup win, Europe 4 times and finishing 4th a few times in the 10 years previous to that....

Don't forget your 1999 UEFA Respect Fair Play ranking win, mate.

3 hours ago, stillresigned said:

Thought you had the most of the game in the first-half, wouldn't go as far to say you were the best team!emoji3.png As usual all the football that there was, came from the boys in red and yellow. I will however admit your right-winger was decent as was the young lad at centre half.

Jones played really well in the first half, however, in the second half Thistle were quick to close him down and basically prevent him from touching the ball for most of the second half. 

While Ajer has been amazing at centre half for us since he joined. I absolutely love when he decides to run with the ball out of defence. It reminds me of Sissoko and his 'runs', despite the fact Ajer probably won't lose the ball on the half way line and lead to us conceding a goal. 

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Finished 4th that season, was a good season.

I'm sure you still look back fondly on your 1995 Inter Toto Cup season. 

Not often you get a chance to go to Metz.

Bring back the Intertoto.

5 hours ago, stillresigned said:

Thought you had the most of the game in the first-half, wouldn't go as far to say you were the best team!emoji3.png As usual all the football that there was, came from the boys in red and yellow. I will however admit your right-winger was decent as was the young lad at centre half.

I thought you guys did play some good football in the 2nd half, when we stood off and let you. 

Your play wasn't so hot in the 1st half when we didn't allow you to play. 

A lot of teams can look decent when they're not under any pressure. I don't really see anything special about the thistle team. 

Archived