Killie V Partick

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie definitely had the edge the first half, they're good at keeping pressure off their defence. 2nd half I thought we were far better, Bartons shot that bounced off the post and across the goal was agonisingly close. Still top 6 though and it's still in our hands. Good day out as well.

Thistle just about edged it as better team.Far superior in the second half and we had no answer at all. Mcculloch really had no idea what to do and was out thought by tactical mastermind Archibald.Obviously our goal was extremely fortunate to say the least and quite bizarrely we could have stolen it at the end.

Great turn out from the Thistle fans and you can add another one to the total as my dad is a Jags fan and was in Killie end.

2 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Our fondness for throwing away late goals is the only real big negative to Archibalds reign. Wasn't there today but can only imagine our typical last ten minutes of sitting deep and going all skittish whenever an attack happens.

Yeah. That's not what happened though, it was a mistake by big Cerny, pure and simple. When Sammon hit it, you're looking from the far end thinking "standard Cerny, fall on it, stay down making sure it's really really tight to your chest, get up slowly, check your studs and then get rid". A shame, but that type of shit happens sometimes. 

Yeah. That's not what happened though, it was a mistake by big Cerny, pure and simple. When Sammon hit it, you're looking from the far end thinking "standard Cerny, fall on it, stay down making sure it's really really tight to your chest, get up slowly, check your studs and then get rid". A shame, but that type of shit happens sometimes. 

That's even more frustrating for some weird reason. Only happy when negative I guess.

That's even more frustrating for some weird reason. Only happy when negative I guess.

Yeah it was an uncharacteristic mistake from Cerny at what I think everyone in the stadium assumed was a routine save. Shit happens but it's a sore one because of what happened last week. Suppose a bright side is that neither Osman or Lawless are out long term.

The first thirty minutes we were great and really should have scored, however after that Thistle looked the better team. We definitely got a bit of luck with our goal and that somehow Barton's shot went off the post and did not go in. 

Overall a point is a point, especially as we were dominated for most of the second half. 

3 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

That's two out of three that Sammon has totally spawned. Those stats 3 in 7 games worries me. I don't know if I'm going to be shot down but I don't want Sammon at RP next season. Hearts take him back please, he's guid, he'll score goals for you.

Outside of his goal, Sammon was really poor today. I was actually surprised neither him or McKenzie came off as both did not have the best of matches today. 

Felt like a defeat walking from the ground. Which was weird considering that Killie were the better team by a country mile for most of the first half. Jordan Jones had the beating of Elliott every time he got the ball, and we struggled to deal with the set-pieces. We offered nothing except Lawless' goal of the season contender (if it goes in) just before half-time.

Second half we totally dominated. Erskine and Lawless were both great, and I have no idea how Barton's didn't go in, Once we scored, we shat the bed and invited the pressure onto us. I was raging at Archie for not bringing off the clearly knackered Edwards when we were chasing the game, but ultimately it was an individual error which cost us. Annoying because we could've been looking at catching Hearts and potentially St. Johnstone had we not chucked 4 points in the last two weeks, whereas now we are potentially in jeopardy of losing our top 6 place. Hopefully 6 points from the two home games before the split to compensate for our usual shitebaggery at Celtic and The Rangers. 

I see Thistle as the new St Johnstone- a team with consistency and players who have talent as well as knowing their way around the spl. Provided they don't loose too many experienced players thistle will get stronger year on year.Archibald proved today he can change his formation and tactics which can change a game.If not for a goalkeeping error they would have taken 3 points.

Erskine was, IMO , the best player on the park today. Not a world beater but better than the rest.

4 hours ago, killiemilan said:

Thistle just about edged it as better team.Far superior in the second half and we had no answer at all. Mcculloch really had no idea what to do and was out thought by tactical mastermind Archibald.Obviously our goal was extremely fortunate to say the least and quite bizarrely we could have stolen it at the end.

Great turn out from the Thistle fans and you can add another one to the total as my dad is a Jags fan and was in Killie end.

Has he stopped pointing at everyone?

Archived