No Voters - what say you?

jamamafegan

Now that the SNP and their lackeys the Greens have wasted days on a pointless debate to ask for a referendum that they were already told wouldn't be happening for a few years, can they now get on with the job that they were actually elected to do.

Yes it worked today. No one is stopping the SNP from having their referendum definitively. 

It's not the fucking SNP's referendum. It's yours, it's mine, it's everybody in Scotland's and those power hungry savage b*****ds ruling from Westminster on fucking racist votes are denying it to us as it's inconvenient for them.

1 minute ago, sfha said:

Now that the SNP and their lackeys the Greens have wasted days on a pointless debate to ask for a referendum that they were already told wouldn't be happening for a few years, can they now get on with the job that they were actually elected to do.

Will Theresa get on with the job that she has (but wasn't elected to).

Every day it's Brexit this, brexit that.

Luckily the other Tories are promoting all manner of cuts to the NHS (England and Wales) so she can get on with buying shoes.

12 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Are you happy that Westminster has that legal right or would you prefer that a Scottish parliament should be able to call, and hold, a referendum as and when it sees fit?

Not bothered, though I think it would have been wise for Westminster to hand this power to holyrood in the Edinburgh agreeement since sturgeon won't hold a referendum she thinks she'll lose. Sturgeon would probably hold a referendum as late as possible in this parliament to ensure maximum time to win if she had the power to hold it on her terms.

Edited by sparky88

10 minutes ago, sfha said:

Actually, May and Sturgeon were in agreement yesterday. Not before Brexit terms are known said May and that will be 18 months to 2 years she said. Exactly the time-frame Sturgeon mentioned for Indyref2. Nobody wants it 'now'.

1 minute ago, Shades75 said:

Neither were the presidents of the EU's ruling bodies, Tusk and Juncker for example. Where does this stand with Sturgeon, she also bangs on about how she was elected and May wasn't.

2 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Not bothered, though I think it would have been wise for Westminster to hand this power to holyrood in the Edinburgh agreeement since sturgeon won't hold a referendum she thinks she'll lose. 

It bothers me that a party in government not elected by us can, in effect, tell me when I have the right to make a choice and can tell the party in our government elected by us whether they can even ask us the question.

That's not democratic.  It's autocratic.

Just now, Shades75 said:

It bothers me that a party in government not elected by us can, in effect, tell me when I have the right to make a choice and can tell the party in our government elected by us whether they can even ask us the question.

That's not democratic.  It's autocratic.

We are part of the uk, there's many parts of the uk that don't vote Tory (or Brexit for that matter). If that bothers you, you'll vote yes. If it doesn't, you'll vote no. As it happens not being in the EU bothers me so I may vote yes, though through no particular affection to Scottish nationalism

17 minutes ago, sfha said:

Isn't dealing with the fallout of Brexit part of the day job, given that it will affect pretty much every aspect of our lives?

PS: It was the Lib Dems who insisted on a two-day debate.

1 minute ago, sfha said:

Neither were the presidents of the EU's ruling bodies, Tusk and Juncker for example. Where does this stand with Sturgeon, she also bangs on about how she was elected and May wasn't.

The EU didn't and couldn't deny the UK a vote on Brexit.

The UK can deny Scotland a vote on independence.

If mentioning it once, in a tweet, is banging on about how she was elected and May wasn't, then I'm sure she is.

In reality, though, she doesn't.  We do - because it's true.

Just now, sparky88 said:

We are part of the uk, there's many parts of the uk that don't vote Tory (or Brexit for that matter). If that bothers you, you'll vote yes. If it doesn't, you'll vote no. As it happens not being in the EU bothers me so I may vote yes, though through no particular affection to Scottish nationalism

It's not a referendum on nationalism. No one cares if you're an SNP supporter, a Green supporter, or just pro-EU. The principle of the thing is that we should decide ourselves. 

21 minutes ago, sfha said:

Running some of Scotland's affairs not as a nation, but as a spineless, voiceless colony of Englandshire?

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Isn't dealing with the fallout of Brexit part of the day job, given that it will affect pretty much every aspect of our lives?

PS: It was the Lib Dems who insisted on a two-day debate.

Not to the more ardent regionalists, who don't appear to want Scotland's parliament to even discuss international affairs (that's for the parliament in the capital down south, you see). 

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It does bother me.  That's why I'll vote yes.

The SNP are going to keep bitching over this. So here's a suggestion: just have a referendum every 4 years, if No wins we carry on as before. No may win the next vote, then Yes might win, then No again.

It would be a great laugh.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

What part of democracy is it when the SNP ignore their own manifesto pledges on reforming the council tax and cutting class sizes?

The referendum buys the SNP a few years in which they don't have to do anything worthwhile to improve people's lives whilst keeping the subs rolling in.

Just caught up tonight with debate. Did you mean the Trident subs?

1 minute ago, sfha said:

The SNP are going to keep bitching over this. So here's a suggestion: just have a referendum every 4 years, if No wins we carry on as before. No may win the next vote, then Yes might win, then No again.

I was expecting a bit of a more mature debate. Where are decent No voters like Skyline Drifter?

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:
5 minutes ago, sfha said:

I was expecting a bit of a more mature debate. Where are decent No voters like Skyline Drifter?

C'mon, it would be funny!

57 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Every day it's Brexit this, brexit that.

Luckily the other Tories are promoting all manner of cuts to the NHS (England and Wales) so she can get on with buying shoes.

Bullshit total bullshit.

In  the UK  we vote for MP's not PM's.

The party that is able to form a majority govt  by having the most MP's does so and the leader becomes the PM.  As Theresa May is the leader of the majority paty in Westminster she is the rightful PM.

At least she has a majority, unlike the FM.

You have to be pretty stupid not to know that and I can't believe no-one else  has told you !!

2 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

At least she has a majority, unlike the FM.

You have to be pretty stupid not to know that and I can't believe no-one else  has told you !!

Last time I checked, the SNP had 63 seats whilst the combined forces of darkness  unionism had 60 minus the Presiding Officer = 59.

Majority confirmed.

You'd have to be pretty stu.....