Scotland vs Slovenia

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can jagfox ever just enjoy his evening without posting absolute shite on the internet?
It's pretty sad really. Put the phone away ya clown.

Posting pictures of his drinks for the second time this month.

What a loser.

Anyone that thinks brown was shite tonight doesn't deserve to enjoy football. He added some much needed fight and drive early on and generally protected the defence. Aye he throws in a wobbler now and then but that's to be expected.

And can I just say that posts referring to the sex appeal of Robertson and Armstrong have my full backing. The pair of them were immense.

f**k everyone who has 'mixed feelings'. That was a very good performance, and a great win.

Bring on them lot next.

Is it curmudgeonly to have mixed feelings about the result or is it myopic to celebrate it wildly? I don't know. I've been on a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions about it since the final whistle.

Great that it at least means the England game is not a dead rubber

Anyone that thinks brown was shite tonight doesn't deserve to enjoy football. He added some much needed fight and drive early on and generally protected the defence. Aye he throws in a wobbler now and then but that's to be expected.

And can I just say that posts referring to the sex appeal of Robertson and Armstrong have my full backing. The pair of them were immense.

f**k everyone who has 'mixed feelings'. That was a very good performance, and a great win.

Bring on them lot next.

It's a right good looking Scotland team minus Griffiths. If Brown could just grow that hair back we'd have a right handsome team. ;)

Not long back from the game.  Delighted by that victory, though it was getting a bit desperate in the second half.

Tierney and Robertson were excellent.  Provide real drive and don't seem to be overawed like so many of their team mates.

Armstrong incredibly comfortable at this level.  What a way to make your mark as debutant.  Very impressive.

Snodgrass had another poor game by his standards.  Definitely better than Wednesday, but given how miserable he was against Canada, that's not exactly a compliment.  Anya was a definite improvement when he came on.

Centre halves weren't complete bomb scares, but the two of them genuinely don't know what to do when they get near the halfway line.  There seems to be precisely zero plan at that point.  I thought Cairney was a more willing runner to take the ball off them on Wednesday, so perhaps an option.

Griffiths showed why he 'can' hold up the ball.  Won a few headers and won a foul or two.  Will be gutted with his first miss, but the team didn't recover from him going off.  Naismith was a really strange sub as we then ended up with no strikers in a must-win game...

Martin was diabolical on Wednesday night.  He genuinely did nothing and seemed to be actively looking to break up attacks.  Happy the guy got the goal but the whole stadium was raging with Strachan's decision.  Take it from me, those who booed were irate with the decision, not the player.

TL;DR - Positive - Tierney, Robertson, Armstrong.  Victory, a better performance, clean sheet, and a manager willing to look at other options.  Negatives - lucky, poor subs that took too long.  Still plan-less as an attaching threat.  Martin and Forrest are not the answers.  Snodgrass not currently cutting it.

And seriously, why did we play that experimental out-of-form team against Canada?  Today's squad would have absolutely mullered them.

If we win all the games apart from the England game we should finish second

This is the thing that makes me sigh. We were a few minutes from being out with 5 points from 5 games. It's really really difficult to see us winning two games in a row let alone 5 of the last 6.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's a right good looking Scotland team minus Griffiths. If Brown could just grow that hair back we'd have a right handsome team. ;)

Brown looks like a perma-raging turtle, with or wthout hair.

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Poor subs? Lucky? You're having a giraffe

Were you at the game?  Naismith did very little.  He's not a striker.  The whole second half we struggled.

Snodgrass was poor, again.  His movement was slow and predictable, and his passing inaccurate.  Took far too long to sub him.  Anya the right player to come on.

Martin scored a well taken, but deflected goal.  Yes, we were lucky.

Fair dos. I've always defended Forrest but I lost patience with him tonight. Reasonable point tho that Snodgrass was at least as inneffective if not more

Great result tonight best we have played for ages. Tierney and Robertson great going forward and can't remember anyone coming close to beating them. Was a joke when Martin got booed coming on probably the same people who were on here wanting Scotland to lose tonight. A side point but went to both Canada and game tonight does anyone else think Snodgrass (who I highly rate has been good for Scotland over the years) looks really unfit?

Forrest played well tonight, as he did against England, he could play like Messi and still get abuse from Scotland fans. People only see what they want to see, they've made their mind up that Forrest is useless and post it after every game regardless of his performances. Snodgrass was poor and has been for the last few matches yet will get no criticism, Griffiths almost cost us the game with his dreadful finishing yet gets no criticism. Having an objective opinion seems beyond most people.

Decent performance tonight but let's be honest Slovenia are pish and we should be winning that. The two full backs are class and Armstrong was excellent. Fans should be utterly ashamed of themselves for booing Martin though. 

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

Forrest played well tonight, as he did against England, he could play like Messi and still get abuse from Scotland fans. People only see what they want to see, they've made their mind up that Forrest is useless and post it after every game regardless of his performances. Snodgrass was poor and has been for the last few matches yet will get no criticism, Griffiths almost cost us the game with his dreadful finishing yet gets no criticism. Having an objective opinion seems beyond most people.

Forest is shite 

Great result tonight best we have played for ages. Tierney and Robertson great going forward and can't remember anyone coming close to beating them. Was a joke when Martin got booed coming on probably the same people who were on here wanting Scotland to lose tonight. A side point but went to both Canada and game tonight does anyone else think Snodgrass (who I highly rate has been good for Scotland over the years) looks really unfit?

For me he's always been slow and cumbersome, but made up for it with strength and ability to shield the ball. But for the last week while he has been all the former and little of the latter.

Actually thought that apart from the last 10 mins brown had a good game tonight. He won numerous tackles and covered every blade of grass on the pitch. Armstrong rightly getting the plaudits but thought brown won a lot of important tackles and covered the back 4 well

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Decent performance tonight but let's be honest Slovenia are pish and we should be winning that. The two full backs are class and Armstrong was excellent. Fans should be utterly ashamed of themselves for booing Martin though. 

Slovakia and Lithuania were both awful, but we allowed them to dominate the games.  If we approach every game like we did today's, we'll win far more.

Were you at the game?  Naismith did very little.  He's not a striker.  The whole second half we struggled.
Snodgrass was poor, again.  His movement was slow and predictable, and his passing inaccurate.  Took far too long to sub him.  Anya the right player to come on.
Martin scored a well taken, but deflected goal.  Yes, we were lucky.

Snodgrass set up 2 or 3 gilt edged chances in the first half

Martin scored and anya was great when he came on. Naismith caused problems and set up anya for a sitter.

We weren't lucky in the slightest. You could actually argue we were unlucky given the fact we hit the woodwork twice and dominated possession and chances

The goal wasn't even deflected.

Archived