Scotland vs Slovenia

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I refuse to believe that the TA booed one of their own players.  A filthy, Brexit fuelled lie if ever i heard one.

Whilst the 3 points was welcome, it was another utterly abject display against a pish poor opposition, and it just buys WGS another few games before we irreparably hole our campaign below the waterline.

Thought Armstrong and Tierney were the best players in blue tonight.  

Abject dislpay? Against a team who have qualified for major competitions recently and kept 9 clean sheets in 12 games. They had 1 shot at goal the whole match and we never looked like conceding. Get a grip sir.

At the end of last year I had my doubts about tierney. Seeing him play rb tonight was a very wise decision also. The lad doesn't let anyone down he has the potential to reach 100+ Caps easily. Seeing him in full flight is a joy to watch.

16 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Belarus was the previous campaign that was already dead in the water when smith came in.

I'm sure that it worked out that if we had beaten Belarus at home that campaign we would've qualified? I could be wrong though and apoligize if I am.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Did the cat just take a shite on your collarette?

I thought it was a decent 90 mins of football and we had some good performances.  I enjoyed it.  I'll leave the bigger picture to tomorrow.

I had to look up what a collarette was.

I had mixed feelings when Martin scored. First time that has ever been the case and quite unpleasant. Seeing it a bit more clearly/optimistically now though. That was a good win against an in form side and it means the England game will have a meaningful edge to it. Worst case scenario is we end up not qualifying anyway and Strachan will go later on.

8 minutes ago, Miguel Simao said:

So.. two poor results then?

Good counting mate. The reason I separated the 2 was because I didn't think we were bad against Slovakia until they scored their 2nd goal so didn't include as a poor "performance" IMO. For instance, Poland at home the last campaign could be classified as a poor result but not a poor performance.

Archived