Scotland vs Slovenia

Gordopolis

Can Armstrong and Cairney play in the same team? Imagine them, Tierney and Robertson, Ryan Fraser and Oliver Burke all in the same team :wub:
Too bad there'd be no one to put it in the net and no one left to defend :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CalMac1988 said:

Good counting mate. The reason I separated the 2 was because I didn't think we were bad against Slovakia until they scored their 2nd goal so didn't include as a poor "performance" IMO. For instance, Poland at home the last campaign could be classified as a poor result but not a poor performance.

0fdb44f4ef92de0e4e882e95dcd1ac98.gif

I just can't resist a bit of pedantry tbh.

A good performance but why didn't we play like that against Lithuania?

It's no good putting in occasional good performances if you want to qualify for anything.  Tonight just underlined how badly we've been under performing under Strachan recently.

Even now we probably need at least 4 points from the England/Slovakia matches to have a chance. 

That was by far the best we have played all campaign so the question is, where has that been of late??

Tierney and Armstrong were excellent plus Griffiths unlucky to hit bar twice, first one was a sitter though.

Another positive was that we didn't concede, the first clean sheet all campaign, apart from miscommunication between Mulgrew/Tierney which led to a corner, I don't recall ever being worried about us looking shaky at the back.

I really hope Leigh Griffiths is ok, was some kick he got from Oblak.

Good to watch tonight I thought

Gordon had zero to do

Tierney just being Tierney

Mulgrew was solid enough with some decent passes out from defence too, nice wee flick for the goal

Martin comfortable few dodgy moments

Robertson just being Robertson

Morrison superb again, someone actually called him a failure that shouldn't be playing before this game. Mental. He's our best player in my opinion.

Brown was great, dropped in and took the ball off the back 4 and got stuck in. Got the team up the park.

Armstrong is great to watch, hes clever and knows how to use his body and pace very well. Always getting away from players. Cracking technique too both left and right footed. I said he was a future Scotland captain back when he was at united and got laughed all over the place by Deeboy who didn't think he'd ever even get a game!!

Forrest was ok. He flatters to deceive but at the end of the day he done just as much as Snoddy who will come away with no criticism. I'd like Anya there next game.

Snodgrass same as Forrest, only contribution was the chip to Griffiths.

Griffiths misses a sitter but his spark and pace up there helped us as a team I thought and so very close to a great right footed finish.

Subs all played a part.

I think him playing a lot of the Celtic players really helped to be honest. Made us look like more of a team I think. Guys like Mulgrew/Robertson/Martin and Morrison all regulars too and know each other's games well. I think that played a big part.

Can Armstrong and Cairney play in the same team? Imagine them, Tierney and Robertson, Ryan Fraser and Oliver Burke all in the same team :wub:
Too bad there'd be no one to put it in the net and no one left to defend [emoji38]

61f4a4b7306a387e4582a6c33333acc8.gif

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gordon had zero to do

Mulgrew was solid enough with some decent passes out from defence too, nice wee flick for the goal

Morrison superb again, someone actually called him a failure that shouldn't be playing before this game. Mental. He's our best player in my opinion.

Brown was great, dropped in and took the ball off the back 4 and got stuck in. Got the team up the park.

Armstrong is great to watch, hes clever and knows how to use his body and pace very well. Always getting away from players. Cracking technique too both left and right footed. I said he was a future Scotland captain back when he was at united and got laughed all over the place by Deeboy who didn't think he'd ever even get a game!!

Forrest was ok. He flatters to deceive but at the end of the day he done just as much as Snoddy who will come away with no criticism. I'd like Anya there next game.

Griffiths misses a sitter but his spark and pace up there helped us as a team I thought and so very close to a great right footed finish.

Subs all played a part.

I think him playing a lot of the Celtic players really helped to be honest. Made us look like more of a team I think. Guys like Mulgrew/Robertson/Martin and Morrison all regulars too and know each other's games well. I think that played a big part.

Morrison our best player? What absolute nonsense. 

Armstrong was a class above tonight he has an exceptional football brain and has added more power to his game since moving to Celtic. He's destined to play in the Premiership very soon I would imagine. Tierney as well what a great talent.

Tartan Army wankers booing Martin was embarrassing. Shite set of fans but we already knew that.

James Forrest lasting 90 minutes was the one main negative. An awful football player.

Gordon had zero to do

Subs all played a part.

07551dd076fa9d8d41ea301157d12f70.gif

Archived